1. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    22 Sep '08 16:591 edit
    A strike force that would struggle in the championship?

    A midfiled that has too many square pegs for all those round holes?

    A defense that would be a stronge cast for the movie Unbreakbale "Mr Glass 2", probably too subtle a comment for most posters here.

    I like Spurs but what happened to the Hoddle, Waddle, Anderson, Klinsman, Gazza, Nico, Gough, Campbell, Berbatov 😉 days......

    Who is Spurs talisman now, Bentley, OMG!
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    22 Sep '08 17:03
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Who is Spurs talisman now
    Frazier Campbell!!!

    D
  3. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    22 Sep '08 17:10
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Frazier Campbell!!!

    D
    Good point, he looks like a class act for his age.

    Not just a great potential srtriker but a great crosser of the ball.
    He has the ability to make the ball hang in the air when crossing balls into the box, a rare talent these days.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    94266
    22 Sep '08 18:06
    could be spurs and newcastle taking two of the bottom three spots......happy days.
  5. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    117418
    22 Sep '08 21:05
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    A strike force that would struggle in the championship?

    A midfiled that has too many square pegs for all those round holes?

    A defense that would be a stronge cast for the movie Unbreakbale "Mr Glass 2", probably too subtle a comment for most posters here.

    I like Spurs but what happened to the Hoddle, Waddle, Anderson, Klinsman, Gazza, Nico, Gough, Campbell, Berbatov 😉 days......

    Who is Spurs talisman now, Bentley, OMG!
    Too much money spent by an inexperienced premiership manager...
    The route of all evil!!!!!!!
    Spurs 73 where are you, you pretender.
    Bentley - regect
    Bent - Championship Striker
    Jenas - Crap
    Back four not good enough, with your only half decent defender not fit enough to play in a pub side!!!!!!! King...........
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    117418
    22 Sep '08 21:07
    Originally posted by dicky
    Too much money spent by an inexperienced premiership manager...
    The route of all evil!!!!!!!
    Spurs 73 where are you, you pretender.
    Bentley - regect
    Bent - Championship Striker
    Jenas - Crap
    Back four not good enough, with your only half decent defender not fit enough to play in a pub side!!!!!!! King...........
    .................Oh and the Russian whats his name!!!!!!!!!!
  7. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    22 Sep '08 21:24
    Originally posted by dicky
    .................Oh and the Russian whats his name!!!!!!!!!!
    Rebrov?
  8. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    22 Sep '08 22:02
    well you guys are all to young to remember 1976..when spurs did go down..in the squad that year were, Hoddle, mcnab,john duncan to name but three. We come stright back up.

    As for "Rooneys'" question, of course not, no team is ever big enough NOT to go down. The way we are playing in the prem league, yeah we may well go down.

    I supported them when we were in the old division two 30 years ago and i will still support then if we go down.

    Personnany i think we will be ok by chrismas, a couple of wins in the league in the next three weeks and we will be out of the bottom 3.

    I still see us finishing in the top 10 this season if not higher.
  9. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    22 Sep '08 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by dicky
    .................Oh and the Russian whats his name!!!!!!!!!!
    Dicky, dont get to carried away with Arsenal sitting at the top of the league.

    Remember last season, your boys were only 2 points from winning the league in january and then finished with NOTHING.

    Arseanl always do this, start off really strong and then end up with being also runs at everything...(well thats how its been for the last 3 trophy-less years!)😏

    Infact Arsenal are the only one of the so called top 4 not to have won a trophy for the last 3 years.
  10. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    22 Sep '08 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    well you guys are all to young to remember 1976..when spurs did go down..in the squad that year were, Hoddle, mcnab,john duncan to name but three. We come stright back up.

    As for "Rooneys'" question, of course not, no team is ever big enough NOT to go down. The way we are playing in the prem league, yeah we may well go down.

    I supported them when we we ...[text shortened]... be out of the bottom 3.

    I still see us finishing in the top 10 this season if not higher.
    If Spurs spend well in January they will stay up, but there are major problems.

    You have to admit that Berbatov should have been sold with a week to go so you had a chance to spend some of the money you have in the bank.

    It wasn't the same situation as Ronaldo, if Ronaldo had handed in a transfer request, he would have been sold.
    Also Spurs sent out mixed messages, sayin he was for sale for this or that price, United always said Ronaldo was not for sale.

    - Your goalkeeper looks a bit dodgy
    - Ramos looks like a rabbit caught in a cars head lights
    - You have the worse strike force in the league
    - Your defense is brittle and severely underperforming
    - The midfield needs a general and Jenas should just go, how long are you going to keep on giving him another chance?

    Competition is fierce at the bottom these days.

    Its really volatile in the premiership right now.
    If you don't spend I can see you going down.

    If you do spent you could end up in the top 10 with 3 or 4 signings (which you can afford) like:-
    - Santa Cruz for 15m
    - Buy Keane back for 10m, good for both sides in January, lol
    - Go for someone like S Parker, Nolan or even Barry from Villa for 18m (you can afford it), he could be the new Spurs talisman
    - Offer United 2m for a 6 month loan of Foster
  11. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    22 Sep '08 22:48
    NO the keeper is fine.
    Jenus i have never liked.

    what the team is missing is a mid-field play maker.

    They also need another centre half, although carluka played at CH and did ok on sunday.

    Need another goal-scorer, but still think Bent well do will. Give him 6 more games and he will have 7 goals
  12. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    22 Sep '08 23:17
    Originally posted by spurs73
    NO the keeper is fine.
    Jenus i have never liked.

    what the team is missing is a mid-field play maker.

    They also need another centre half, although carluka played at CH and did ok on sunday.

    Need another goal-scorer, but still think Bent well do will. Give him 6 more games and he will have 7 goals
    Myabe you're right about the keeper, he did play well in the game I saw but also made a howler.

    We all like having a laugh at Bent but in fairness he is looking the part but what would happen to Spurs if he got injured, relegation.

    Barry would be perfect for Spurs, he can play in the middle, is a real leader on the pitch, is English which is important, very reliable, scores, very good at set pieces and a game changer.
    18m in today's market is a bargin for him.

    Spurs have never been the same since they sold Carrick, except for the home game last season against United when you played us off the park but one of our Galacticos got us out of jail in the last minute for a draw.
  13. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    23 Sep '08 21:10
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Myabe you're right about the keeper, he did play well in the game I saw but also made a howler.

    We all like having a laugh at Bent but in fairness he is looking the part but what would happen to Spurs if he got injured, relegation.

    Barry would be perfect for Spurs, he can play in the middle, is a real leader on the pitch, is English which is ...[text shortened]... ed us off the park but one of our Galacticos got us out of jail in the last minute for a draw.
    i cant believe you are picking on our keeper..i mean have you seen van dar sar this season!😀😵😵

    As for Barry, why would he leave Villa to come to spurs, that would be a step backwords concidering where villa are and where spurs are.

    he wants to play champions league, if villa dont make the top 4 this season he will go to arsenal to liverpool
  14. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    24 Sep '08 04:17
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i cant believe you are picking on our keeper..i mean have you seen van dar sar this season!😀😵😵

    As for Barry, why would he leave Villa to come to spurs, that would be a step backwords concidering where villa are and where spurs are.

    he wants to play champions league, if villa dont make the top 4 this season he will go to arsenal to liverpool
    VDS has the odd bad spell but he is still the best keeper we have had since 1999 and this season he's been let down a little by Brown and Neville. Last season United conceeded the fewest goals and scored the most, he can't be that bad.
    Unless you are another one that jumps on the United are past it, Fergie has lost it, the teams fallng apart bandwagon. EVERY season this happens lol.

    There was even a United fan posting on here at the end of last season slagging off United when we had 1 game to go in the league and a CL final, trying to tell me that Fergie has lost the plot and the team was playng poorly, bla bla bla.
    We won the double and Sir Alex shows all the doubters wrong again.

    All I said was i saw one spurs game and the goal keeper made a very basic error for a goal, he seems like a mavorik type player, keepers like that have a habbit of doing the same thing again every 5 games or so, aka Barthez, Grobballar, he can't be any worse than Robinson though.

    Barry is for sale for 18m, he isn't going anywhere unless a team matches that price.
    If Spurs offered him 70k a week he'll be off and forget all about CL football.
    Spurs have loads of cash so spend it on a player that will make you a better team instead of all the muppets you seem to buy.

    Also incase you haven't noticed there's another big kid on the block.
    City are DEFINATELY going to be a top 4 team at the LATEST next season. That Arab guy who's bought City is going to go crazy in the transfer market over the next year and with Mark Hughes in control they are going to be a serious threat for the title next season.
    City made 6 bids in a combined worth of 200m in 1 day when he took over, people forget this, he's playing it down now but just wait until January.

    So, Barry is not guaranteed CL football at Liverpool or Arsenal for much longer, if he can't work this out his agent should be able to.

    And finally I'm amazed you havn't started a Berbatov is a flop thread like half the media are trying to do. You slagged off United numerous times when we bought Carrick, and what have we won in his 1st 2 seasons?

    God, Berbatov is not match fit, not pysically fit (tut tut Spurs) and needs to adapt to our fast paced pass and move game.
    Still after just 2 appearances, away at Liverpool and Chelsea, he's got us 2 assists and we have scored 2 goals, so he's doing something right.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    64041
    24 Sep '08 08:21
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    And finally I'm amazed you havn't started a Berbatov is a flop thread like half the media are trying to do.

    God, Berbatov is not match fit, not pysically fit .
    You. Torres. Same argument. Different opinion.

    Hypocrite and full of sh.t
Back to Top