Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 28 Feb '09 17:49
    What's going wrong at the emirates?
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    28 Feb '09 18:09
    Oh well, the Stoke or West Brom would be delighted to get 4 or 5 draws in a row.

It's a matter of perspectives.

Damn it... who am I trying to fool? I'm so sad :'(
  3. 28 Feb '09 19:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh well, the Stoke or West Brom would be delighted to get 4 or 5 draws in a row.

It's a matter of perspectives.

Damn it... who am I trying to fool? I'm so sad :'(
    Wasn't aware you were a gooner. But then again how would I be - I'd be quiet if Chelsea were having your season
  4. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    28 Feb '09 19:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Wasn't aware you were a gooner. But then again how would I be - I'd be quiet if Chelsea were having your season
    Gooner... soon to be a goner, lol

I've been reading how the finances will be affected without the champions league money, and it's quite scary.
  5. 28 Feb '09 19:31
    Gooner... soon to be a goner, lol

I've been reading how the finances will be affected without the champions league money, and it's quite scary.
    The board are adopting and suffering from a "protectionist" strategy.
  6. 01 Mar '09 05:07
    It's looking like Villa will finish 4th, as much as Villa deserve it I think this will be shame!

Arsenal play such lovely football, if Wenger woke up and bought a couple of battleing mid-fielders to give the squad a bit of a backbone they'd be real contenders!

If you were Ceas Fabregas why would you stay?
  7. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    01 Mar '09 09:05
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    It's looking like Villa will finish 4th, as much as Villa deserve it I think this will be shame!

Arsenal play such lovely football, if Wenger woke up and bought a couple of battleing mid-fielders to give the squad a bit of a backbone they'd be real contenders!

If you were Ceas Fabregas why would you stay?
    I would stay if I were him, if and only if they bring a Gattuso style defensive midfielder to guard my back.

And yeah, it's a shame... that front line with Vela, Arshavin, Van Persie & Co. is beautiful, simply beautiful.
  8. 01 Mar '09 12:54 / 1 edit
    Arsenal have a "long term" plan and I'm sure it will stand them in good stead in years to come. Unfortunately they don't have a "short term" plan, at least not one that involves winning anything
  9. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    01 Mar '09 13:03
    As Wenger said yesterday, the fans are becoming impatient but when you have a long term project focused on youth, things may not happen in the short term...

Things are definitely NOT happening in the short term.
  10. 01 Mar '09 13:11
    they have had way to many injuries this year to be contenders, even for 4th place it seems. now that villa have only the league to concentrate on i can't see why they won't finish 4th.

if arsenal keeps all their good players and buy a couple of defensive players plus maybe one squad attacking midfielder while avoiding any major injuries they will be a lot closer to utd and chelsea next year.
  11. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    01 Mar '09 13:12 / 1 edit
    I hope so.

So, what's your the guess for the Mickey Mouse cup today?
  12. 01 Mar '09 13:30
    I hope so.

So, what's your the guess for the Mickey Mouse cup today?
    spurs win on pens.
  13. 01 Mar '09 17:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    spurs win on pens.
    meh

spurs win pen, utd win on pens...what's the difference?
  14. 21 Mar '09 04:21
    i think they are a young team at the moment and just need to give them a couple of years and they will win everything
  15. 05 May '09 20:03
    Oh dear!