1. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:211 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    The "facts" as you call them are incorrect.

Notts Forest (twice) and Aston Villa were both European Champions.
    They are correct, i just could not of been bothered typing out every single winner.
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:37
    basically its just the europeans who cant accept the premiership is the most watched and popular legue in the world; i've lived in spain for a year and hve never watched such boring football in my life; even italian football is better and that is crap. the spanish and italian belief is defend and defend; if we manage to score a goal we'll then sit back and defend. its a well known fact the premiership is the most popular league in the world; anyone who says the english league plays the long ball doesnt watch it. how can they play the long ball when 75% of players are from abroad; manchester united is the most supported team in the world; for the last three seasons liverpool won the euro cup, arsenal were in the final; and two english teams were in the semis; that is actually a better record than the italians and the spanish; give me the premiership any day, its fast, exciting, anyone who doesnt believe this - here's another fact for you, during the world cup, more viewers tuned in to watch an england game than any other team - says it all. so grow up, accept you're wrong, treat yourself to a premiership team football top, go the ground, buy a burger, sit down, watch it, then you'll realise what a d**k you have been calling any other league in the world better!
  3. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Don't be a nationalist and accept the truth, paul. Coin by coin,
    player by player, European continent-wise, the Spanish league is
    way more attractive from the commercial and sports point of view.

P.S. I wear thick, 4.5 points, seeing glasses 😉
    Seitse..Are your serious?!!

Let’s look at the competition; in the Prem league every game is tough. We have just seen Arsenal get beaten by both Bolton and Fulham. Do you see such results in the Euro leagues with the big teams? NO!!

In the Spanish and Italian leagues you have a few teams who dominate, in England any team can beat any team. It is the most competitive league in world football.. no argument!!

The English game is more physical and competitive, it is a REAL MAN’s game here, that’s why it takes foreign players ages to re-produce the same form in England that they enjoyed in France, Italy or Spain leagues!!
  4. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:47
    .... and YES.....Wenger is a MUPPET!
  5. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:53
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    - here's another fact for you, during the world cup, more viewers tuned in to watch an england game than any other team - says it all.
    Says it all? Is that why they played 3 of the most boring matches in the world cup?
  6. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:59
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    Seitse..Are your serious?!!

Let’s look at the competition; in the Prem league every game is tough. We have just seen Arsenal get beaten by both Bolton and Fulham. Do you see such results in the Euro leagues with the big teams? NO!!

In the Spanish and Italian leagues you have a few teams who dominate, in England any team can beat any team. It is the mo ...[text shortened]... ges to re-produce the same form in England that they enjoyed in France, Italy or Spain leagues!!
    Don't make me laugh SALADIN.

---“Do you see such results in the Euro leagues with the big teams? NO!!”

How many times has AC MILAN been beaten this season already??

---“In the Spanish and Italian leagues you have a few teams who dominate”

Juventus and AC Milan are historically the best teams in Italy. Over the years, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Napoli and Torino were also big name teams. Nowadays, you expect Juventus and Milan to be up there. Inter is a dark horse. They have great players but never seem to perform. BUT. Last season look at Fiorentina. They finished fourth. This season Palermo is putting on a charge. In the last few years, teams like Roma have won the Serie A. Teams like Chievo and Udinese finished in Champions League spots.

England has Chelsea (who has destroyed football as we knew it), Man United and Arsenal.

Period.

It will take something really huge to see any other team win it.

That's a fact.

In Italy, Milan, Juve (when promoted), Inter, Roma, Fiorentina can all realistically challenge for the crown.

Then you always have one team that surprises everyone.

England you can say with 98% certainty either Chelsea, United or Arsenal will win the league. In fact you can say with 85% certainty it will be Chelsea or United.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:12
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    They are correct, i just could not of been bothered typing out every single winner.
    No they're not!

You may not have "been bothered" to type out the fact that Aston Villa and Notts Forest (twice) have won the European Cup, but that doesn't mean you can exclude their wins in your Mickey Mouse countries wins totting up process.

And I quote (you)

"By League
    Spanish - 11 wins, 6 runners up, total of 17 finals appearance
    Italian - 10 wins, 11 runners up, total of 21 finals appearance
    English - 7 wins, 1 runners up, total of 8 finals appearance"

If you're going to state "facts" then get them right! Alternatively just folow the link below to see that it is in FACT

Spanish - 11 wins
    English - 10 wins
    Italian - 10 wins

.. and that's without a very good Liverpool side 85-90 in the tournament.

http://www.the-english-football-archive.com/non_domestic_competitions/european_cup.htm
  8. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:13
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    basically its just the europeans who cant accept the premiership is the most watched and popular legue in the world; i've lived in spain for a year and hve never watched such boring football in my life; even italian football is better and that is crap. the spanish and italian belief is defend and defend; if we manage to score a goal we'll then sit bac ...[text shortened]... then you'll realise what a d**k you have been calling any other league in the world better!
    Serie A

Games won by 1 goal margin 138
    2 goal margin 89
    3 goal margin 33
    4 goal margin 10
    5+ goal margin 2

Premier League

Games won by 1 goal margin 157
    2 goal margin 95
    3 goal margin 35
    4 goal margin 12
    5+ goal margin 4

La Liga

Games won by 1 goal margin 153
    2 goal margin 80
    3 goal margin 27
    4 goal margin 9
    5+ goal margin 6
  9. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:182 edits
    No they're not!

You may not have "been bothered" to type out the fact that Aston Villa and Notts Forest (twice) have won the European Cup, but that doesn't mean you can exclude their wins in your Mickey Mouse countries wins totting up process.

And I quote (you)

"By League
    Spanish - 11 wins, 6 runners up, total of 17 finals appearance
    Italian - http://www.the-english-football-archive.com/non_domestic_competitions/european_cup.htm
    Actually, fair enough. I stand corrected on that point.
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:26
    At least I don't try to credibly pass off my soccer facts from "Wikipedia".

The EPL is the Italian and Spanish retirement league. The truly world class players never head to England first (apart from Henry), their first stop is La Liga and Serie A, then when they are winding down their career and hit 31 or so, they head to the EPL.
    Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Cantona, Zola, Bergkamp, Cech (I could go on) all chose to play their prime years in England.
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 12:34
    Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Cantona, Zola, Bergkamp, Cech (I could go on) all chose to play their prime years in England.
    Stam, Zola, and Bergkamp were all over 30 when the joined the EPL.

Henry i have already said was the exception. Van Nistleroy, Cantona and Cech really never proved themselves consistently on a world stage. They are no were near the calibre of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, etc etc.
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 13:01
    Stam, Zola, and Bergkamp were all over 30 when the joined the EPL.

Henry i have already said was the exception. Van Nistleroy, Cantona and Cech really never proved themselves consistently on a world stage. They are no were near the calibre of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, etc etc.
    Not very good with facts are you?

Stam and Bergkamp had both just turned 26 when they came to England. Zola joined Chelsea just after his 30th birthday, many would say he played his best football there.

Considering Man Utd were the only club able to pay the wages that Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane and Figo commanded it's no great surprise they ended up playing for Real and Barca is it?
  13. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 13:042 edits
    Stam and Bergkamp had both just turned 26 when they came to England.
    Are you sure about that.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 13:07
    Are you sure about that?
    Unlike you, I take care in checking my "facts" 😉
  15. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 13:10
    Unlike you, I take care in checking my "facts" 😉
    Seems so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree