Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member obliteration
    Net Preneur
    16 Aug '08 16:24 / 1 edit
    And easing up 15 metres from the line!!!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7565203.stm
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    16 Aug '08 18:35
    Originally posted by obliteration
    And easing up 15 metres from the line!!!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7565203.stm
    Unbelievable performance, alright.

    D
  3. 16 Aug '08 22:25
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Unbelievable performance, alright.

    D
    if he had run through, i think he could have got 9.60!
  4. Standard member lordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    17 Aug '08 01:04
    Originally posted by spurs73
    if he had run through, i think he could have got 9.60!
    Even a 9.59! This guy was celebrating 20 meters out from the line.
    What a sprint!
    Will he ever keep the pedal down and run through?
  5. 17 Aug '08 02:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Even a 9.59! This guy was celebrating 20 meters out from the line.
    What a sprint!
    Will he ever keep the pedal down and run through?
    i remember Ben Johnson running 9.79 back in 1988..which to me was the greatest 100m final ever..untill now.

    It was awasome watching todays race...
  6. 17 Aug '08 15:35
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i remember Ben Johnson running 9.79 back in 1988..which to me was the greatest 100m final ever..untill now.

    It was awasome watching todays race...
    1988 the greatest ever? Why? Because a drug cheat beat the WR? I was gobsmacked at the time, but it meant nothing after we found out he'd been cheating.

    I liked the 1991 World Championship final
  7. 17 Aug '08 17:41
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    1988 the greatest ever? Why? Because a drug cheat beat the WR? I was gobsmacked at the time, but it meant nothing after we found out he'd been cheating.

    I liked the 1991 World Championship final
    the top 4 from that final were all done for drugs within the next 10 years of that final.

    Takes away nothing from what Johnson did
  8. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    18 Aug '08 05:28
    he slowed down near the end as he realized the thing on the table was the medals, not fried chicken.

    in case you missed the press conference, he went on to say "as long as i mistake a distant podium for a watermelon field, a gold in 2012 should be a snap" what a class act, lightning bolt!
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    18 Aug '08 07:27
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Even a 9.59! This guy was celebrating 20 meters out from the line.
    What a sprint!
    Will he ever keep the pedal down and run through?
    Maybe he wants to do a Bubka and get more money from more WRs.
  10. Standard member buffalobill
    Major Bone
    19 Aug '08 19:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    the top 4 from that final were all done for drugs within the next 10 years of that final.

    Takes away nothing from what Johnson did
    Actually, it takes away a whole lot, including the medal.

    Johnson also eased up at the end. This time, I hope Bolt's clean.
  11. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    19 Aug '08 20:39
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    This time, I hope Bolt's clean.
    Bolt's got the best chance of being clean versus the other athletes who were head and shoulders better than everyone else.

    The guy is just so tall and his legs so long that he covers the distance so much easier than everyone else. His advantage isn't just from hard work; he has a physical advantage that is believeable when it comes to his easy victories.
  12. 20 Aug '08 15:02
    Usain Bolt just won the 200m gold with a time of 19.30 seconds beating Michael Johnson's record.

    All I can say is: WOW!
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    20 Aug '08 22:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Usain Bolt just won the 200m gold with a time of 19.30 seconds beating Michael Johnson's record.

    All I can say is: WOW!
    We got guys in the hood that can run faster than that while carrying a TV and a stereo.