Aussie cricket woes

Aussie cricket woes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
08 Mar 17

I think Mitchell Marsh is cooked. There is no way known after 20 tests Khawaja or Maxwell average 19 at No.6. His bowling is basically irrelevant too. I just can't see how they keep picking him.

Moves
08 Mar 17
1 edit

Mitch Marsh? Think he is out of this series with a shoulder injury anyway. Hasn't his bowling, which appeared his 'stronger suit' when he toured oer here a couple of years ago, gone backwards ? Not as quick as he used to be, from reports in UK papers

May be a chance for Cartwright?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Mar 17

Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
Mitch Marsh? Think he is out of this series with a shoulder injury anyway. Hasn't his bowling, which appeared his 'stronger suit' when he toured oer here a couple of years ago, gone backwards ? Not as quick as he used to be, from reports in UK papers

Surely it's Maxwells time.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Mar 17

Hi Karoly

The Marsh/Wade dismissals certainly were the key. And, listening over here in the UK, neither was a surprise. I think India hurried through the penultimate over before tea to have a bowl at Wade, and I thought...'oh dear'

If I could hazard a problem with the Oz side at the moment it is that the tail's far too long.

Marsh at 6 ( ...[text shortened]... little money betting on cricket! Wonder who that might be? Hmmm...............................)
Wade should done up his laces to waste another 30 seconds. I remember the Pakistan skipper doing exactly the same and holding on for tea just a few tests ago.

I don't think the tail is too long. But no.6 needs someone consistent. I think the keeper has to be more vocal than Neville. That's the long and short of it, Though they have different batting styles, I imagine they're about the same at batting.

I'm assuming despite doctoring pitches, you still gotta have some standards to prepare them. Surely there are some IC regulations. Maybe I'm being a sook here, but over here in Australia , where you often get a road on Day 1, you cant tell me winning the toss is not gold.

you're welcome for thumbs up mate.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Mar 17
1 edit

Mitchell Marsh is just simply the best name to get into the team with (After Steve Smith I guess).

(Starc, Johnson and the Marsh 'leagcy' )
I would never have picked him
For what it's worth I always hated Geoff Marsh way back when. He was soooooo boring

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Mar 17
1 edit

Marcus Stoinis!!

I know he just made an amazing 150 in nz for an odi, but c'mon selectors. I'm all for youth but he only got in that odi because even Australia's 3rd skipper was out. no one wanted to play that tour and Stoinis got his foot in the door , but just one innings?
I didn't wan Cartwright but I would've thought he was ahead of Stoinis.
k Marcus, prove me wrong please

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Wade should done up his laces to waste another 30 seconds. I remember the Pakistan skipper doing exactly the same and holding on for tea just a few tests ago.

I don't think the tail is too long. But no.6 needs someone consistent. I think the keeper has to be more vocal than Neville. That's the long and short of it, Though they have different batting ...[text shortened]... on Day 1, you cant tell me winning the toss is not gold.

you're welcome for thumbs up mate.
There are ICC regulations, but they are pretty toothless. The ground gets banned from hosting international matches. In Australia, where we have 6-7 grounds, big problem. Imagine the MCG not hosting a test for 2 years. In India though, they have over 25 international grounds. One drops off - meh, who cares.
The big issue is that there is a BCCI official who is in charge of pitch preparation. No guesses to what he's told and does...

rc

Moves
09 Mar 17

I always loved Mitch, he was just da bomb.

Moves
09 Mar 17
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

[youtube]o9p_6sw2djA[/youtube]
The wrong 'Mitch' I'm afraid, Robbie!

We have had this discussion about Australia's obsession/desire to find an 'all rounder' at #6. This Stoinis looks a bit of a 'punt'. I read about his amazing 1 day slog, but his entire first class figures aren't all that impressive, and apparently he had a poor Shield season with the bat.

Good luck to the lad .. he may well need it if pitched into the 3rd Test next week!

ps .. nice to see England just completed a 3-0 whitewash in WI. Would have been more of an achievement 30-40 years ago!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

[youtube]o9p_6sw2djA[/youtube]
Sweet bro. Most of those were top order wickets too I noticed.

Yeah, I bowl like that ... only about 40 miles slower 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

We have had this discussion about Australia's obsession/desire to find an 'all rounder' at #6. This Stoinis lad looks a bit of a 'punt'. I read about his amazing 1 day slog, but his entire first class figures aren't all that impressive, and apparently he had a poor Shield season with the bat.

Good luck ...[text shortened]... nd just completed a 3-0 whitewash in WI. Would have been more of an achievement 30-40 years ago!
I hope the West Indies get more competitive again in the future.
I miss their larackinism and all round good humour when I saw them tour in the 90's. Easier to be a larakin when you're smashing the Aussies at home

Moves
09 Mar 17
1 edit

I hope the West Indies get more competitive again in the future.
I miss their larackinism and all round good humour when I saw them tour in the 90's. Easier to be a larakin when you're smashing the Aussies at home
yep, it's pretty easy to be a larakin and say and do whatever you want if you've got (perm any 3/4)..... Holding, Daniel, Roberts, Garner, Patterson, Croft, Ambrose, Walsh or, the best of them all, the great Malcolm Marshall on your team!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 17

yep, it's pretty easy to be a larakin and say and do whatever you want if you've got (perm any 3/4)..... Holding, Daniel, Roberts, Garner, Patterson, Croft, Ambrose, Walsh or, the best of them all, the great Malcolm Marshall on your team!
And an acoustic guitar in the batting sheds 🙂

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17

We have had this discussion about Australia's obsession/desire to find an 'all rounder' at #6. This Stoinis looks a bit of a 'punt'. I read about his amazing 1 day slog, but his entire first class figures aren't all that impressive, and apparently he had a poor Shield season with the bat.

Good luck to t ...[text shortened]... nd just completed a 3-0 whitewash in WI. Would have been more of an achievement 30-40 years ago!
dude there is only one Mitch Johnson!

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17

Sweet bro. Most of those were top order wickets too I noticed.

Yeah, I bowl like that ... only about 40 miles slower 😀
Mitch had fighting spirit.