Aussie cricket woes

Aussie cricket woes

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Barring a miracle,( mind you getting a whole ten wickets for 87 runs would only be considered a minor miracle in cricketing terms - especially batting last on an Indian wicket in the last innings), it would seem the match is lost.
I thought for a sec there after Maxwell and Handscomb put on an impressive 50 run p'ship that they could put up 200 or 220 ...[text shortened]... s in handy here, because I fear there will be blood on the Tracks for Australia early on day 4 .
Yes, just woke over here to see India cruised to a fairly comfortable 100--odd for 2 (or 2 for 100, as you say!)

It certainly was an amazing series to follow as a neutral, must have been heart stopping for a fan of either side.

Have to hold my hand up and say that Oz put up a better fight than England, I put it down to India being tired after the enormous effort of beating England 😉

ps you were right about O'Keefe, fairly anonymous after Test 1

I forsee a very equal Ashes fight, similar to the one over here 2 years ago. Chat then

Moves
28 Mar 17
2 edits

Hi radio

you're quiet. Nothing to say about the Oz defeat, your championing of O'Keefe ( not many wickets for 50-odd a piece in the last 3 games)??? KA got him totally right

I feel a 'Bangladesh' surfacing on the horizon

You take care, Champ. Don't get too stressed about those 'collusion points' and 'rollback' (only around 6 people in the world care ~ let it go ~ breath out....) (anyone puzzled, just read the joke that is 'Site Ideas' and 'Clans' and lose the will to live)

Your typed prediction is 5-0 to Oz in next series. We shall see, Champ. Don't you fret none, I'll be back to mock you.

Bye for now, Champ...but...................................................................(those.....again).......................................come on, post a reply. Want my thread to (surely?) be the first in Sports to hit 200

rc

Moves
30 Mar 17

😵

G

Sydney, Australia

Moves
02 Apr 17

Haven't read the full thread yet. But have to agree with the 5-0 that someone has announced.
Sounds about right.

Moves
02 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Glasnost
Haven't read the full thread yet. But have to agree with the 5-0 that someone has announced.
Sounds about right.
Oh, don't be so negative

I am a big england fan, but even I would be happy with 3-1 like a few years ago.

Think 5-0 might be optimistic for us, but thanks for the endorsement

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
04 Apr 17

Your scores get really high and cricket? Because one team beat another team by 103 point yesterday.

Moves
05 Apr 17

Hi there.

Yes, I would say that 250 to 300 runs (your points) per innings is about average.

In Test matches (the recognised main challenge between countries), each team bats twice (has 2 innings), so 500 plus runs per team in one game is quite normal

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Apr 17

Originally posted by RBHILL
Your scores get really high and cricket? Because one team beat another team by 103 point yesterday.
"points" ...lol .

Well done Bott. we got to the 200 mark. It's been fun and I do look forward to the ashes. and it wont be 5-0 either way, but too early to be making predictions

Moves
21 Apr 17

Hi my friend, we did. Nice to chat to genuine Aussie cricket fans, and one other, who seems to have disappeared with his posters of O'Keefe!!!!

What a great series the India v Oz one was. Heartbreaking for you guys (though a 2-1 loss in India is hardly a bad result)

Be back for your Ashes thread ~ lets get past 200 on that

sorry I never challenged you, taking a break from chess for a while. Worn down by the constant jibes from the likes of our friend (honest 😉 )

chat in autumn