1. Auckland
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 10:12
    I will be cheering for Australia tonight in their match against Ghana. The Ozzies might be our rivals across the ditch, but we always back each other against others. I hope they win, and if they do happen to end up with a nil nil draw, I am sure the Ozzie/Kiwi fans would not boo their team.

Go Ozzies Go. 🙂

My mate barstudd will be wanting a win. Let's hope he gets one.

PS remember Kiwis play Italians on Monday. Kiwis just practising playing in reverse gear 😀 😀
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 10:16
    Nothing against the Ozzies but... Go Ghana!!!
  3. Auckland
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 10:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Nothing against the Ozzies but... Go Ghana!!!
    Pal, I hope you will be cheering the Kiwis on come Monday wearing those colours, we can have a briar (BBQ) to celebrate the win.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 10:21
    Originally posted by zm775
    Pal, I hope you will be cheering the Kiwis on come Monday wearing those colours, we can have a briar (BBQ) to celebrate the win.
    I'll bring the Bistecca alla Fiorentina. 😉
  5. Auckland
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 11:01
    I'll bring some great Kiwi beef and lamb.

What is that great SA pepper, hot like chilii, senior moment Pal, can you bring some of that too.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 11:05
    Originally posted by zm775
    I'll bring some great Kiwi beef and lamb.

What is that great SA pepper, hot like chilii, senior moment Pal, can you bring some of that too.
    Piri-Piri?
  7. Auckland
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 11:11
    Piri-Piri?
    Yes that's the name. It is wonderful. As we have a lot of SA's living here now, we can buy it in the supermarket. Great stuff piri-piri.

I bought a couple of jars back from SA in 2004 and customs here had to get it passed, but they did.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 13:55
    Better still Bistecca a la Pinturicchio. E come Steak Wellington, ma con amore!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:001 edit
    Vu Vu Vu Vu for Australia! Vu Vu Vu Vu
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Better still Bistecca a la Pinturicchio. E come Steak Wellington, ma con amore!
    by the way scacchi dude, America need a new strip! the one they got is too conservative, they need something a little more star and stripey!
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:251 edit
    Clear red... Australia is out of luck but they can't complain about the red.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:32
    Clear red... Australia is out of luck but they can't complain about the red.
    Penalty, yes! Send off? No! Contact incidental. What a stupid rule this is to send off a player for incidental contact. It's not like he stuck his arm out. That ball was a rocket. Soccer needs to adopt a hockey-like power plaay rule instead of these silly, crippling send offs!
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    by the way scacchi dude, America need a new strip! the one they got is too conservative, they need something a little more star and stripey!
    And look like Paraguay? Nah! We need a better looking uniform indeed, but anything but stripes. Too many stripes in football. Also stripes is only a couple of s's away from tripe. Can't have tripe! Stars! Now there's an idea worth considering. BTW, one of the commentators on ESPN is a Scot. Excellent analysis from the dude!
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:41
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Penalty, yes! Send off? No! Contact incidental. What a stupid rule this is to send off a player for incidental contact. It's not like he stuck his arm out. That ball was a rocket. Soccer needs to adopt a hockey-like power plaay rule instead of these silly, crippling send offs!
    If it's incidental it's not a penalty. His arm clearly moved outwards a bit and since it stopped a goal the rules are clear: red.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 14:48
    If it's incidental it's not a penalty. His arm clearly moved outwards a bit and since it stopped a goal the rules are clear: red.
    I looked at it again on slo-mo. Looks incidental to me. Indeed not even a penalty, let alone a send off. I saw no motion suggestive of trying to stop that rocket shot. Arm moves forward by reflex after being hit by a rocket shot like that. I see it as a ref blunder, yet another one. Horrible, horrible refs. At least this one is letting them play. However, within interpretation of the rule, giving too much leeway to ref's myopic vision, ref indeed within the rule. NO argument there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree