Australian Open

Australian Open

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
25 Jan 07

Serena in the finals only points to the ineptness in the women's game. How can such an obese woman advance in any professional sport? She should be a pro wrestler. Her enourmous ass is hideous.

H

Chi-Town:Windy City

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by Esoteric
Serena is yet to face a quality opponent. She is fat and out of form.
LOL, she's fat/out of form, yet she's raping all those ugly Russian girls!

Imagine when she REALLY tries!

And whites tend to think a woman with shape is fat, they are used to anorexic skinny white women with blond hair

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
25 Jan 07

Originally posted by Hypa
LOL, she's fat/out of form, yet she's raping all those ugly Russian girls!

Imagine when she REALLY tries!

And whites tend to think a woman with shape is fat, they are used to anorexic skinny white women with blond hair
Ever see Borat? Remember that scene where he's wrestling with his assistant? That's Serena.

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by badmoon
Serena in the finals only points to the ineptness in the women's game. How can such an obese woman advance in any professional sport? She should be a pro wrestler. Her enourmous ass is hideous.
Don't you know anything? That's a badonkadonk!😲

I think I am in love!😉

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
26 Jan 07

I agree, the women's game is inept. If they want equal pay give them equal play, i.e. 5 set matches. You won't see many "fatties" in the women's top 100 then.

Don't women have just as much stamina and endurance as men?

m

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by monster truck
Don't women have just as much stamina and endurance as men?
Yep. Check out UltraRunning -at seriously long distances women actually perform at the same level as men - lots of events are open.

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
26 Jan 07

Originally posted by mtthw
Yep. Check out UltraRunning -at seriously long distances women actually perform at the same level as men - lots of events are open.
That's what I thought, so why the discrepancy in tennis?

T

Moves
26 Jan 07
1 edit

Women have a lot less upper body strength than men due to the testosterone discrepancy. So while the women can maintain the endurance and stamina, their upper body wears out faster.

which is why you get to see a lot of moonballs in 3rd sets of most women's matches.

the repetitive swing of the racket therefore become less powerful and slower as the match progresses. The same thing happens to men a lot in 5th set matches, lot more errors and weaker shots, just takes them longer to wear down.

Lower body strength is more comparable between men and women which is why they are just as able to maintain stamina and endurance in running and soccer for example, but less so in a sport like Tennis.

Ever hear Tony Gwynn on ESPN announcing baseball (or maybe it was Joe Morgan)? they like to talk about that a player only has a certain number of good swings in a day. I think the same is true of a Tennis player, they just have more because the racket is lighter than a Bat.

As it stands now, only a few of the strongest and most fit women play at the same competitive level in the 3rd set (which is a factor in why Serena destroys many of her opponents in the 3rd set after dropping one and playing close in another), so adding another couple of sets would further eliminate 90% of the women's field from the getgo.

H

Chi-Town:Windy City

Moves
27 Jan 07

Ever see Borat? Remember that scene where he's wrestling with his assistant? That's Serena.
Um no I haven't.

And like I said, white people who see a woman with a big booty automatically think she's fat, cuz they are used to seeing skinny Nicole Richie type white girls.

And Serena gave Charapova a good ass-ramming and won. Which is more proof that african-americans are better than everyone in sports.

r

Diggers & CSA

Moves
27 Jan 07

Serena won the tennis
Roger will win tomorrow

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
27 Jan 07

I take it amost of it back. serena crushed the opposition. One thing I don't take back - the womens game is at a real, real, low.

T

Moves
27 Jan 07

Its a shame that Henin was apparently separating from her husband so she didnt play. I feel she would have had the best chance of giving Serena a match.

Hell, I think Clisters would have at least made it a match. Sharapova was pathetic, what the hell happened?

She played a great match and beat an in form Serena at Wimby and they had a great 3 setter in the Semis of the Aussie when Serena won it it in 05. She played downright awful tonight.

She looks like she has regressed since August when she won the US.

Serena on the other hand, looked angry. She was staring Sharapova down after every point, and just murdering the ball. She just dominated her mentally and beat her around the court.

I wonder if she will keep kicking ass or take the rest of the year off.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
27 Jan 07

Serena just had to much power today .
On her day she is awesome,and this might just motivate her enough to really go for it over the next couple of years .

Grega Jesih

Koper

Moves
27 Jan 07

I'm sorry I didn't enter this post earlier.. will be more alert for future slams.
Sorry Roddick appasionados, I don't think Roddick will ever win Roger.
Advanced question: Nadal seems to be off drugs now, so this is more like "real" Nadal. I didn't see him playing, but obviously he was out in what 4tr final ?

Gonzales has his top form, but honestly I think he doesn't have a chance.. yet nothing to lose. The only one that Roger fears is Nadal and that's that. To be seen! Unfortunately Australian time is different that ours.. a night match. Go Roger!

G

T

Moves
27 Jan 07

Originally posted by gregaj
I'm sorry I didn't enter this post earlier.. will be more alert for future slams.
Sorry Roddick appasionados, I don't think Roddick will ever win Roger.
Advanced question: Nadal seems to be off drugs now, so this is more like "real" Nadal. I didn't see him playing, but obviously he was out in what 4tr final ?

Gonzales has his top form, but honestly I t ...[text shortened]... en! Unfortunately Australian time is different that ours.. a night match. Go Roger!

G
So you think Rafa was juicing Argentinean style?

He has hit a wall I feel, but I think it is was just due to overplaying and having to go 8 months without seeing any Dirt. It will be interesting to see how his Clay court season goes, because I feel as if this is the year Roger makes a breakthrough on Clay and takes down Nadal.

However, if Nadal doesnt get it together he may lose to a Robredo or a Gonzalez before he even makes it to Roger.

Still have the American Master Series events up to contest before the full on dirt season, but I think there are some clay tourneys in February that Nadal will likely play and replenish his confidence.

He did go out in the Quarters, but he was beaten soundly by Gonzalez and he beat everyone solidly this week. It would have been interesting if Blake had made it through to see if Nadal would be able to turn things around on Blake on the rebound ace. Blake has owned him on hard courts, they've never played on anything else.

I dont disagree that Roddick may never beat Roger in anything important ever again, but I think he will beeat him somewhere sometimes again. May not be for a while and may be in a minor tournament of a RR at the Masters when Fed has already clinched his group, but there will be a day where Roddick has it all working and Fed is a little off and perhaps less motivated.

I dont see him beating him in a Slam ever though.

I think the performance of Roger in the Final will tell a lot of what is to come. Gonzalez has played great this tournament, but he was dominated by Fed in their two most recent matches (both best 3/5) in the finals of Madrid and Basel.

However, if Fed owns Gonzalez again, I think this will be an even more impressive year for him. Hard to get more impressive, but I see him winning a Clay court Masters series or two this year, and maybe even the French. All depends on if Nadal is going to be able to keep it up on Clay. Whats he at, 62 in a row now?

Fed and Rafa may play again in Dubai. That would be the first time they would play again, Rafa beat Fed in the finals there last year. Fed owns a house there and lives par time and it is a hard court, so you know Fed wants to avenge that one.

Looks like it should be a good year for Men's tennis. All these younger players making a breakthrough here at Melbourne, Fed playing out of his mind, Roddick improving, Blake trying to make more noise, and Gonzalez looking like a lock for the top 5 and consistent threat.