1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 05:09
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]USC is to the Big Ten as the Big Ten is to the MAC.

The Big Ten has been underperforming in the Rose Bowl for quite some time. It's happened for my entire lifetime and if I remember correctly from what I've read, even earlier.

It could be that the Pac 10 is just a better conference. It could be that it is more difficult to practice in Big Ten a ...[text shortened]... SC and all the hype about how OU was going to dominate SC. That's why they play the games.[/b]
    But its not just the Rose Bowl. In fact, OSU got spanked by USC in regular season play this year and will next year as well. As for the rest of the PAC 10, who knows? Maybe one of these days another team will represent the PAC 10 in the big game. LOL.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 15:00
    Do you think that LSU would have spanked tOSU this year?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 03:20
    Do you think that LSU would have spanked tOSU this year?
    Probably not as bad as last year but yes, I think they would have beaten OSU.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 04:08
    I don't think they would have. You are a whipped wimp. Sorry to say it, but you are.

Having said that, it looks like OU is going to lose this game tonight. OU had its chances, but has pissed them away. The game should have been 21-7 or at least 14-7 at half.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 04:56
    Yeah, OU choking the big game. Imagine that.

There should be a law or something that keeps OU and Ohio St. out of the championship so we don't have to watch them gag the big one. 😛
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 05:03
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Yeah, OU choking the big game. Imagine that.

There should be a law or something that keeps OU and Ohio St. out of the championship so we don't have to watch them gag the big one. 😛
    In case you had not noticed, everyone seems to choke when playing the best in the SEC. In addition, everyone seems to choke when playing USC. So the only answer I have is to play USC against the best in the SEC for the Rose Bowl every year.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 05:06
    Since when were WV and Boise State in the SEC?

Utah beat one of the best teams in the SEC, I don't think there's anything magic about that conference. You can eat that cheese if you like.

It looks like one good joke will live to see another year:

What does OU and Marijuana have in common? They both get smoked in bowls.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 05:44
    I don't think they would have. You are a whipped wimp. Sorry to say it, but you are.

Having said that, it looks like OU is going to lose this game tonight. OU had its chances, but has pissed them away. The game should have been 21-7 or at least 14-7 at half.
    Whipped, eh? I think that OSU still has a long way to go. What can anyone do with a freshman QB? I guess, almost win a Fiesta Bowl. 😛
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 06:00
    Yes, whipped.

Anyone who watch the OU/Florida game knows that the game could have gone either way. Florida certainly did not dominate OU. The SEC team didn't open up a can on the weak Big XII team. Although to tell you the truth, I'm sure there is at least one moron who posts here who will probably argue otherwise.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 06:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    In case you had not noticed, everyone seems to choke when playing the best in the SEC. In addition, everyone seems to choke when playing USC. So the only answer I have is to play USC against the best in the SEC for the Rose Bowl every year.
    I seem to recall Texas beat USC in the Rose Bowl for the National Championship when USC was heralded as unbeatable.

I also heard NO ONE predicting Utah would beat Alabama.

Florida was supposed to quote "destroy" OU and yet with OU throwing interceptions at the goal line twice in the first half still managed to hold off Florida until they self destructed in the 4th quarter.

This is why they play the games rather than decide on paper who will win.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 06:101 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whipped, eh? I think that OSU still has a long way to go. What can anyone do with a freshman QB? I guess, almost win a Fiesta Bowl. 😛
    Texas won a BCS bowl game with a freshman QB.

Florida won a National championship with one (split time).

Maybe you just have to have a good program.

EDIT: BTW we will find out how good Prior is next year because it will be on him with Beanie Wells declaring for the NFL today.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 14:58
    I hate to say I told you so .............................
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 15:091 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The moron finally shows up.

That game could have gone either way. Anyone who says that the game could not have just as easily have been won by OU is a moron.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 16:122 edits
    The moron finally shows up.

That game could have gone either way. Anyone who says that the game could not have just as easily have been won by OU is a moron.
    A bit bitter, aren't we?

The better team won. Deal with it. Oklahoma's mighty offense which had scored over 60 points five times in a row against Big 12 defenses was held to only two touchdowns. And your defense couldn't stop Tebow or the Florida running game when it counted.

Guess I was right. Thanks for playing!

EDIT: To paraphrase a not so wise man: [Oklahoma] had a shot to make the game close, but they blew it. That's what bad teams do. When it comes down to it, they can either execute or choke. The [Sooners] choked.

0-5 in their last five BCS bowls. Do you see a trend?
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 16:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Even a broken watch is right twice a day!!

You also said the Big 12 would go 2-5 in the bowls!! They went 4-3 and very nearly 5-2.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree