1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 06:58
    Yes, its just around the corner. Who will win it all this year? Will it be the Yankees.....yawn.......or will there be another big scandel as to why they did not win it all once again?
  2. Standard memberStewartChess
    somethin clever here
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 08:32
    i think the Yankees are just pathetic. every year they have w/o any doubt the best all around team, and easily the highest paid team in baseball yet the past few years they have nothing to show for it.

i think there are a few things wrong. i believe there are things going on in the inside of the organization that has kept the team from performing at top notch. i also think the team is built around individual performance rather than as a team in whole.

as to who's gonna win it, well i don't think the best team has won it in a while so i can't even begin to imagine what it's gonna be like this year.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 12:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Baseball anyone?
    Please, and thank you.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 00:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Please, and thank you.
    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball sore

Crack out a homerun
    Shout it hip hooray
    Cheer for the Minnesota twins today.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 04:33
    I'm ready for it. Been ready since last October. 🙂

My team is actually looking decent (Brewers), too. They signed Jeff Suppan (sp?) and Craig Counsell (sp?) so far this off-season. They gave Bill Hall (hit 35 homers last year) a 4 year deal, too. With the pitching finally looking a little better (Sheets is looking healthy, too) we might have a shot at a +.500 season for once!

If they suck though I'm rooting for the Red Sox as usual.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 04:34
    Originally posted by badmoon
    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball sore

Crack out a homerun
    Shout it hip hooray
    Unless of course you have to face the A's. 😛
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 05:33
    yankees. im hoping.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 19:37
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Unless of course you have to face the A's. 😛
    Got you in 2001. You got the better of us last year. If we had Loriano coming back we'd be the favorites to win it all.

Go Sidney Ponson!!
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    19 Feb '07 21:59
    Got you in 2001. You got the better of us last year. If we had Loriano coming back we'd be the favorites to win it all.

Go Sidney Ponson!!
    I don't really like the A's actually, but I couldn't resist the joke 😛. The only one I like is Barry Zito but didn't they let him go?

You guys should win the division this year. Your only competition would be Detroit but I have a feeling that they'll have to settle for the wild card again at best.

By the way, do you guys still have Hunter? I haven't heard anything about him but I don't see a lot of what happens and I know there was talk about him going somewhere else last year.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    20 Feb '07 01:48
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I don't really like the A's actually, but I couldn't resist the joke 😛. The only one I like is Barry Zito but didn't they let him go?

You guys should win the division this year. Your only competition would be Detroit but I have a feeling that they'll have to settle for the wild card again at best.

By the way, do you guys still have Hunter? I have ...[text shortened]... a lot of what happens and I know there was talk about him going somewhere else last year.
    We have Hunter and all of the rest coming back. Francisco Loriano is out for the year. They're trying to keep the team together through 2010 whe they open up with a new stadium. Finally going to leave that lousy Metrodome.
  11. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 15:26
    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball sore

Crack out a homerun
    Shout it hip hooray
    I'll drink to that. Although I must admit that the M&M boys is a pretty stupid nickname. After looking at the contracts given to bad pitchers lately, I just hope we win before we lose Santana to free agency.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 16:12
    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball sore

Crack out a homerun
    Shout it hip hooray
    I love baseball songs. For many, many years, they never sang "Take me out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch in Toronto. They sang the goddamn "Okay Blue Jays" song, which is absolutely horrible and is accompanied by even worse choreography that resembles a senior's aquafit class. Thankfully, a few years ago they started singing "Take me out..." but they still do the freaking Okay Blue Jays song.

One of my favourite team theme songs has to be "Meet the Mets". Yo La Tengo does a hip rendition of the song on their "Yo La Tengo is Murdering the Classics" album.

MEET THE METS,
    MEET THE METS,
    Step right up and greet the Mets!
    Bring your kiddies,
    bring your wife;
    Guaranteed to have the time of your life
    because the Mets are really sockin’ the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall!
    East side,
    West side,
    everybody’d coming down
    to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!
  13. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 21:51
    We have Hunter and all of the rest coming back. Francisco Loriano is out for the year. They're trying to keep the team together through 2010 whe they open up with a new stadium. Finally going to leave that lousy Metrodome.
    That's Liriano. I doubt we win the division easily though. Both the White Soxs and Detroit have excellent teams and Cleveland has the talent to play spoiler and determine who wins among the big three.

I'm a little sad to see the Dome go however. I grew up making trips downtown to sit in the $3 general admission upper deck seats and you must admit the Dome does provide a true home field advantage.
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 01:231 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    That's Liriano. I doubt we win the division easily though. Both the White Soxs and Detroit have excellent teams and Cleveland has the talent to play spoiler and determine who wins among the big three.

I'm a little sad to see the Dome go however. I grew up making trips downtown to sit in the $3 general admission upper deck seats and you must admit the Dome does provide a true home field advantage.
    I used to go to Met Stadium. Outdoor baseball. The best thing about the dome is that it is named after Hubert H Humphrey.

Thanks for the correction.

Nobody thought they's take the division in 2006. At mid-season they were written off. Gotta love Gardy.
  15. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 14:30
    I'm English
    I hate BAseball,

BUT

Come on you Red Sox!!

Fenway Park - the most falling down stadium I've ever been too - no beer after 7th innings - what's all that about????

Big Papi hits the ball a long way though - credit where it's due (a bit fat though!!!)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree