1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're full of crap. Jennings out-leaps Tate and has the ball in his hands well before Tate. Then he chests it.

I have no dog in this hunt, but only the most blatant homer would claim that wasn't a pick. And even the NFL acknowledged the obvious push off that knocked Shields to the ground.
    I acknowledge the push off. Well before tate? Taking it to the chest has no bearing whatsoever. watch the video at the time that I specify and tell me again that jennings touches the ball "well before" Tate does... At that angle, the best angle, I see them catching it at the same exact time. Tell me they don't after watching the vid at 1:15 and I'll trust you that I'm blind.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I acknowledge the push off. Well before tate? Taking it to the chest has no bearing whatsoever. watch the video at the time that I specify and tell me again that jennings touches the ball "well before" Tate does... At that angle, the best angle, I see them catching it at the same exact time. Tell me they don't after watching the vid at 1:15 and I'll trust you that I'm blind.
    The ball is in Jennings hands well before 1:15. The rule states:

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control."

That is what happened. INT.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:49
    The ball is in Jennings hands well before 1:15.
    Just watch unless you're too pansy to admit you're wrong.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:50
    Just watch unless you're too pansy to admit you're wrong.
    GFY, homer. I watched it many times. You're a liar if you say Jennings doesn't have the ball in his hands before 1:15.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 20:532 edits
    GFY, homer. I watched it many times. You're a liar if you say Jennings doesn't have the ball in his hands before 1:15.
    You haven't even watched it so at 1:19 jennings doesn't even have the ball yet. I can tell you haven't watched it because you have no clue what you are talking about. During 1:15 in the video the ball is just being thrown.

I don't even think you have watched it at all... woah... You're really blind! literally! You have a computer that can read to you I bet... that is the only plausible explanation to a refusal to watch and then an emotional reaction like GFY which is not very common coming from you.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 21:091 edit
    You haven't even watched it so at 1:19 jennings doesn't even have the ball yet. I can tell you haven't watched it because you have no clue what you are talking about. During 1:15 in the video the ball is just being thrown.

I don't even think you have watched it at all... woah... You're really blind! literally! You have a computer that can read to you I ...[text shortened]... to watch and then an emotional reaction like GFY which is not very common coming from you.
    What a pathetic liar you are. I invite everybody to look at the link you provided and make their own judgments. It hits Jennings hands at 1:04.

I'm done talking to you.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 21:12
    What a pathetic liar you are. I invite everybody to look at the link you provided and make their own judgments.

I'm done talking to you.
    BWAHAHAHAHA the secrets out! Noone is literally blind!
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 21:16
    What a pathetic liar you are. I invite everybody to look at the link you provided and make their own judgments. It hits Jennings hands at 1:04.

I'm done talking to you.
    That isn't the angle I'm talking about. That is the crappiest angle in the entire video. That is why I wanted you to skip to 1:15 and watch until about 1:25
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 22:01
    From the link I gave:

And Item 5 of the same rule that states, "If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers"
    However, Item 5 also includes a sentence that would seem damning to the argument it was a touchdown and support the case for an interception: [b]"It is n ...[text shortened]... simultaneous possession.

Tate admitted as much. The refs blew the call.
    100% right on this one. According to the spirit of the rule both players must also be face to face and not sideways like they came down and both must indeed get both hands on the ball at the same time. Jennings hits the turf with his tush with firm control of the ball at point of contact. End of play. Play dead. One ref did have the right call. The one who called for a touchback as a result of the INT.

The other huge problem with these refs is they never seem to know where ball should be placed, which player should be called for a foul, which team to call, number of time outs, down number, maximum progress, when to wind the clock, what constitutes pass interference and on and on and on. Where are these fake refs from? Even my grandma knows the rules better! I just don't get it. These refs are making a great sport the laughingstock of sports! Goodell and owners ought to be ashamed of themselves for ruining what would have otherwise been a great start for a new season. I clearly cannot pick games when there is so much ref interference in the outcome. Last night's has not been the only game. Then we have idiot coaches like Tampa Bay's who thinks he can alter a game outcome with all out push on kneel downs. This season will lose so many viewers to college ball there will be hell to pay for owners and idiot Goodell!
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    100% right on this one. According to the spirit of the rule both players must also be face to face and not sideways like they came down and both must indeed get both hands on the ball at the same time. Jennings hits the turf with his tush with firm control of the ball at point of contact. End of play. Play dead. One ref did have the right call. The one lose so many viewers to college ball there will be hell to pay for owners and idiot Goodell!
    I don't think so. We're sitting here in our cushy chairs watching super slow mo replays in high definition.

In real speed it would be impossible to tell. You see both go up then you see them come down together and then you walk up to them and see that they both have the ball... you have to go with what you see and that was both players battling for the ball so you assume that it was a case of mutual possession and on the replay, which is what i've been arguing, you can't really tell that jennings ever has sole possession so there is no indisputable evidence... its a tough call and either way would have been correct since it was a judgement call on the field.

I think the regular refs could easily have made the same call. Either way somebodies gonna be pissed off.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 23:22
    I don't think so. We're sitting here in our cushy chairs watching super slow mo replays in high definition.

In real speed it would be impossible to tell. You see both go up then you see them come down together and then you walk up to them and see that they both have the ball... you have to go with what you see and that was both players battling for the ...[text shortened]... egular refs could easily have made the same call. Either way somebodies gonna be pissed off.
    Green Bay got jobbed....simple as that.
    Everyone in the booth last night concurred Green bay got jobbed.
    Gruden went so far as to say the whole mess was a travesty.
    I watched it last night when it happened and several times in slow motion.
    That was an interception!! Tate only had one hand on the ball while Jennings had two
    when the hit the ground.

Pete Carroll should thank his lucky stars the refs blew the hell out of the game.

Carry on your argument if you like, but No1 is correct, you are being a homer here.
    If it was reversed, you would be crying about it.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 23:284 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Green Bay got jobbed....simple as that.
    Everyone in the booth last night concurred Green bay got jobbed.
    Gruden went so far as to say the whole mess was a travesty.
    I watched it last night when it happened and several times in slow motion.
    That was an interception!! Tate only had one hand on the ball while Jennings had two
    when the hit the ground. ...[text shortened]... t No1 is correct, you are being a homer here.
    If it was reversed, you would be crying about it.
    One hand is enough for possession. How many one handed catches have been made in the NFL?

I think this is correct but that the rules need revamping which was my position from my first post.

Edit: I would be if it was reversed. But GB is lucky they were in it at all... watch the tape in the second half and keep an eye on GBs O-line... holding all day without getting called. Plus, GB was stopped on 3rd down 4 times yet the drives were extended by BS penalties which led to 10 of their pts. Nobody got jobbed... the play was controversial, horrible, whatever you want to call it but at least the team that played the best actually won.

Edit2: It also has only gotten such a response because it was against GB if had gone against the Hawks it would have already faded out of the media since GB was supposed to have such an easy win anyway.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:55
    One hand is enough for possession. How many one handed catches have been made in the NFL?

I think this is correct but that the rules need revamping which was my position from my first post.

Edit: I would be if it was reversed. But GB is lucky they were in it at all... watch the tape in the second half and keep an eye on GBs O-line... holding all day ...[text shortened]... would have already faded out of the media since GB was supposed to have such an easy win anyway.
    Seattle outplayed GB in the first half, but got schooled in the second half.
    Once Green Bay decided to run at Seattle, their linemen weren't able to tee off.

Furthermore, there were TONS of missed calls, both ways, all night.
    Seattle was guilty twice of Offensive pass interference, only to have the call go
    against the GB defensive back. Watch the game again if you don''t believe it.

And, the one handed catch applies IF the one hand catches the ball PRIOR to the
    defender getting BOTH hands on the ball. IT was not a tie. LOOK AT THE TAPE.
    You can want it to be so you can sleep well, but GB was jobbed!!!
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 01:062 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Seattle outplayed GB in the first half, but got schooled in the second half.
    Once Green Bay decided to run at Seattle, their linemen weren't able to tee off.

Furthermore, there were TONS of missed calls, both ways, all night.
    Seattle was guilty twice of Offensive pass interference, only to have the call go
    against the GB defensive back. Watch the t a tie. LOOK AT THE TAPE.
    You can want it to be so you can sleep well, but GB was jobbed!!!
    Nope. I've watched the whole game about ten times already. The second half run game was effective because GB was holding.. all second half.

You can't say bad calls went both ways all night and then say the one bad call at the end of them game jobbed the packers. Seattle didn't score any points off of bad calls all night (until the last play) while GB scored 9.

9-7 that seems like the Hawks had to play against the refs more than GB did.

Edit: and the OPI that was called PI was PI the corner never got turned around and he had a handfull of Rice's jersey. Don't believe me. WATCH THE TAPE which I doubt you've done.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 01:254 edits
    HAHAHA!

Just saw this super slo mo

YouTube

The ball is going right through jennings hands... what stops it? Tates hand.

So the one hand does catch it prior to jennings getting both hands on the ball because if that one hand wasn't there jennings drops it.

Also not how Tate gets both hands on the ball with two feet down before Jennings gets his other foot down.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree