Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    10 Jun '10 03:27
    Let the rioting in the streets begin! I can't wait to see the news tomorrow.

    I did enjoy the series though.
  2. 10 Jun '10 03:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Let the rioting in the streets begin! I can't wait to see the news tomorrow.

    I did enjoy the series though.
    I called it in five, but six is good indeed! Really, really good finals! The winning goal was awesome! I love Chicago and love the Hawks!!!!!
  3. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    10 Jun '10 03:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I called it in five, but six is good indeed! Really, really good finals! The winning goal was awesome! I love Chicago and love the Hawks!!!!!
    Yes, it was well deserved win!

    It has been a long 49 years.

    Bobby Hull was on the last Blackhawk team to win the stanley cup in 1961.

    How many remember the players on that team without googling it.
  4. 10 Jun '10 04:06
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Yes, it was well deserved win!

    It has been a long 49 years.

    Bobby Hull was on the last Blackhawk team to win the stanley cup in 1961.

    How many remember the players on that team without googling it.
    Is Bobby Hull Bret Hull's dad? I did not even know there was hockey last time the Hawks won the cup and I was living in Chicago!
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    10 Jun '10 04:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Is Bobby Hull Bret Hull's dad? !
    Yes

    Brett and Bobby Hull are the only father-and-son combination to play in the NHL and be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
  6. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    10 Jun '10 10:54
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I called it in five, but six is good indeed! Really, really good finals! The winning goal was awesome! I love Chicago and love the Hawks!!!!!
    The entire series was quite a slug-fest I thought. I really enjoyed it. Very exciting.
  7. 10 Jun '10 11:33
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    The entire series was quite a slug-fest I thought. I really enjoyed it. Very exciting.
    It was rather the clash of titans. Phillie has nothing to hang their heads about. They fought really hard and could have taken the cup had it not been for the superior D, energy and skating skill of the Hawks. If Phillie had played the whole series like games 3-4 maybe it would have gone the other way. At the end Flyers seemed gassed! Slugfest with awesome skill. Quite impressed by Leino and Toews. Pronger wussed out in the end. Reason I feel Hawks D was better is how they handled Gagne, Briere and Hartnell, combo of finesse and power. Before scoring the tying goal they went 13 minutes without a shot on goal!
  8. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    10 Jun '10 21:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    It was rather the clash of titans. Phillie has nothing to hang their heads about. They fought really hard and could have taken the cup had it not been for the superior D, energy and skating skill of the Hawks. If Phillie had played the whole series like games 3-4 maybe it would have gone the other way. At the end Flyers seemed gassed! Slugfest with awes ...[text shortened]... of finesse and power. Before scoring the tying goal they went 13 minutes without a shot on goal!
    How do you figure Pronger wussed out? Where you getting this from?

    Kane should get some mention from you, he did score the winning goal.
  9. 10 Jun '10 23:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    How do you figure Pronger wussed out? Where you getting this from?

    Kane should get some mention from you, he did score the winning goal.
    I mentioned Kane in the other thread, I think. Indeed he deserves a huge mention and slap on the back. That was one great goal indeed!

    Never said Pronger wussed out. Said he was deciphered and dealt with. Somehow the Hawks got to him and he started making silly penalties. Perhaps stealing those pucks came back to haunt him. Karma!
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    11 Jun '10 01:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I mentioned Kane in the other thread, I think. Indeed he deserves a huge mention and slap on the back. That was one great goal indeed!

    Never said Pronger wussed out. Said he was deciphered and dealt with. Somehow the Hawks got to him and he started making silly penalties. Perhaps stealing those pucks came back to haunt him. Karma!
    At the end Flyers seemed gassed! Slugfest with awesome skill. Quite impressed by Leino and Toews. Pronger wussed out in the end

    Perhaps stealing those pucks came back to haunt him. Karma?

    No, I believe the Hawks skill was too deep!

    The penalties were very inconsistent. Even the commentator didn't believe the second pronger penalty should have been called. I don't either one should have been called.
  11. 11 Jun '10 02:05
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    At the end Flyers seemed gassed! Slugfest with awesome skill. Quite impressed by Leino and Toews. Pronger wussed out in the end

    Perhaps stealing those pucks came back to haunt him. Karma?

    No, I believe the Hawks skill was too deep!

    The penalties were very inconsistent. Even the commentator didn't believe the second pronger penalty should have been called. I don't either one should have been called.
    I guess I did say he wussed out. What I really meant was that he was declawed by the Hawks. Indeed skill level was better for Hawks and once they decided to forecheck aggressively Flyers had no answer.

    What really matters is the series was entertaining and has made me a fan after the great Olympics!
  12. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    11 Jun '10 03:50
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I guess I did say he wussed out. What I really meant was that he was declawed by the Hawks. Indeed skill level was better for Hawks and once they decided to forecheck aggressively Flyers had no answer.

    What really matters is the series was entertaining and has made me a fan after the great Olympics!
    I think that Philly had a tougher road to the final game than the Hawks did.

    I believe they ran outta steam but wouldn't give up. That team showed a lot of courage.

    I've heard Pronger called lots of things, and perhaps some of them even deserved. Just have never heard anyone say he wussed out, that is a first, and I don't think many would agree with that.
  13. 11 Jun '10 11:42
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I think that Philly had a tougher road to the final game than the Hawks did.

    I believe they ran outta steam but wouldn't give up. That team showed a lot of courage.

    I've heard Pronger called lots of things, and perhaps some of them even deserved. Just have never heard anyone say he wussed out, that is a first, and I don't think many would agree with that.
    Would you accept tamed, declawed, neutralized? That seems to have turned the momentum back to the Hawks. Also, Hawks D stifled the Flyers. Their long period of no shots in 13+ minutes says a lot about the Hawk's D. Flyers did have a tougher road to the finals, but indeed proved they deserved to be there. They certainly have nothing to hang their heads about and deserve a standing ovation!
  14. 11 Jun '10 13:09 / 2 edits
    Anyone hear Adam Burish's comments on Pronger after they won the cup??

    In an interview with NBC, Burish couldn't pass up the opportunity to needle Chris Pronger on live television.

    "I think Chris Pronger's the biggest idiot in the league," Burish said. "I can't stand him one bit. I hope I never have to see him again. If I see him out there, I might punch him."

    Did Burish see the poorly done Chicago Tribune poster that depicted Pronger in a skirt, calling him 'Chrissy Pronger'?

    "No, but that's perfect," Burish said. "He should have worn that out here [on the ice]. He was terrible."


    Totally classless. Pronger has a long resume of achievements over his career in the NHL and Burish was scratched the last three games of the final.

  15. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    11 Jun '10 15:52
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Anyone hear Adam Burish's comments on Pronger after they won the cup??

    In an interview with NBC, Burish couldn't pass up the opportunity to needle Chris Pronger on live television.

    [quote]"I think Chris Pronger's the biggest idiot in the league," Burish said. "I can't stand him one bit. I hope I never have to see him again. If I see him out there, I mi ...[text shortened]... in the NHL and Burish was scratched the last three games of the final.

    Yes, I saw that interview with Adam Burish where he said if he saw Pronger out there he might punch him...Damn I would love to see that. Wonder how long it would take Pronger to knock him out?

    I never heard of Adam Burish before, that is how well known he is.

    Then they have the nerve to call the Philly Fans classless for booing. I think they are great fans actually, not a bunch of politically correct hypocrites.