Boise State

Boise State

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
02 Jan 07

Boise State beats Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and finishes the 2006 season undefeated. How 'bout them Broncos!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 07
2 edits

Let the eating of crow begin. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=56919&page=1

The greatest college game of the year beyond question. Boise State scores with 7 seconds to go on a hook and ladder (on a 4th and 18!!!) AND then wins the game in overtime on a 2 point conversion on a Statute of Liberty play! Utterly amazing!

EDIT: I'm sitting here saying "WOW!" for the last 15 minutes.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Let the eating of crow begin. http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=56919&page=1

The greatest college game of the year beyond question. Boise State scores with 7 seconds to go on a hook and ladder (on a 4th and 18!!!) AND then wins the game in overtime on a 2 point conversion on a Statute of Liberty play! Utterly amazing!

EDIT: I'm sitting here saying "WOW!" for the last 15 minutes.
I just finished rewatching the last 2min of regulation and the OT on Tivo. I'm still shocked. This is going down in the archives as a classic.

Talk about guts.

T

Moves
02 Jan 07
2 edits

Incredible game! The players on the Broncos sideline looked so stunned after the Sooners ran that INT back for a TD with about 1:02 left to take the lead.

Then the Sooners had the three attempts at the 2 pt conversion, first with a pass interference penalty, then an illegal shift penalty on OK, and then finally finding the receiver between 3 or 4 defenders in the end zone...

Then the Broncos score on a 4th and 18 from the 50 on a lateral with 6 secons left!

And then, in OT, the Broncos score on a 4th and 2 from the 5, you gotta love the gutsy call to go for two right then and there. And what a way to win it, especially after Peterson scored on OK's first play in OT...

Best game of the season, and congratulations to Boise State for running the table, and for doing what most people thought they couldn't. Awesome

FL

over there

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by CliffLandin
Boise State beats Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and finishes the 2006 season undefeated. How 'bout them Broncos!!!
I can't believe it! I expected Boise State to get murdered! I guess they were the real deal after all.

w

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
I can't believe it! I expected Boise State to get murdered! I guess they were the real deal after all.
Yes but do you or any one else think they should be playing on January 8th?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by whodey
Let's see - there are two undefeated teams in Division I; who should be playing January 8th?

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
02 Jan 07

I think there should be a Division I playoff. I think the BCS is lame. They do it in Div II and Div IAA. The BCS makes it impossible for a Cinderella to win it all.

d

Moves
02 Jan 07

I can't believe I missed this game. 🙁

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by CliffLandin
I think there should be a Division I playoff. I think the BCS is lame. They do it in Div II and Div IAA. The BCS makes it impossible for a Cinderella to win it all.
Not if the Cinderella is from the east coast.

The BCS (and all polls) will always undervalue teams in the Western and Mountain time zones.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
02 Jan 07

Very exciting game. You gotta love it when a team pulls out the gadget plays. Reminds me of when I was a kid on the playground.

College football could use a little more razzle-dazzle. We would probably get that if we had a tourney.

FL

over there

Moves
02 Jan 07

I think they deserve it more than Florida. Same with Louisville.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by darvlay
I can't believe I missed this game. 🙁
Loser.

D

Moves
02 Jan 07

Great game! If OSU loses then Boise State should be ranked Number One. They're already Number One in my opinion. And if OSU wins, then Boise State should be ranked Number Two. Won't happen, of course, but it should.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Delmer
Great game! If OSU loses then Boise State should be ranked Number One. They're already Number One in my opinion. And if OSU wins, then Boise State should be ranked Number Two. Won't happen, of course, but it should.
Regardless of who wins #1, it is clear that USC should get #3. Putting Boise State at #3, however, seems merited.