1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 17:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I remember '93 very well. Heh heh.
    So do I 😠 and so does Mitch Williams, who I have hung out with a few times since that fateful night. He was an idiot then, but he has grown up alot now and has come to be a pretty good baseball analyst around here now.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 14:07
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    So do I 😠 and so does Mitch Williams, who I have hung out with a few times since that fateful night. He was an idiot then, but he has grown up alot now and has come to be a pretty good baseball analyst around here now.
    1. Arizona - 90 wins
    2. Philadelphia - 89 wins
    3. Chicago - 85 wins
    4. San Diego/Colorado

Close but so far away.

Jimmy Rollins for MVP!
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 14:50
    1. Arizona - 90 wins
    2. Philadelphia - 89 wins
    3. Chicago - 85 wins
    4. San Diego/Colorado

Close but so far away.

Jimmy Rollins for MVP!
    I assume you're taking the Rocks against the Padres and Peavey today.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 14:562 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I assume you're taking the Rocks against the Padres and Peavey today.
    No thanks. I will take the Padres so long as they have a rested Peavy starting. My reason for picking Colorado originally was because they were playing Arizona without Webb (before Melvin changed the rotation to play Webb against the Rockies). The only game they lost down the stretch was the one to Webb. My gut is likewise leaning towards the Padres tonight. Should be close either way though. It will be an interesting game to watch during the commercials of the Pats/Bengals game. 😛

For interest's sake, Peavy's record in two games against Colorado this season: 14 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 11 K but no wins.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 15:00
    No thanks. I will take the Padres so long as they have a rested Peavy starting. My reason for picking Colorado originally was because they were playing Arizona without Webb (before Melvin changed the rotation to play Webb against the Rockies). The only game they lost down the stretch was the one to Webb. My gut is likewise leaning towards the Padres toni ...[text shortened]... Peavy's record in two games against Colorado this season: 14 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 11 K but no wins.
    OK, how about some more bold NL predictions. Who's gonna win the divisional series?

Cubs-D'Backs
    Phillies - Padres/Rockies
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 15:101 edit
    OK, how about some more bold NL predictions. Who's gonna win the divisional series?

Cubs-D'Backs
    Phillies - Padres/Rockies
    The Cubs lost the season series against Arizona this year but it was hardly a one-sided affair. The edge goes to the Cubs with their more experienced starting pitching and solid line-up. I see the D'Backs as pretenders. How they made it to the playoffs is beyond me.

Cubs in 5.

What are your feelings on the AL? Wait, lemme guess - the Yankees will win it all, right?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 15:18
    The Cubs lost the season series against Arizona this year but it was hardly a one-sided affair. The edge goes to the Cubs with their more experienced starting pitching and solid line-up. I see the D'Backs as pretenders. How they made it to the playoffs is beyond me.

Cubs in 5.

What are your feelings on the AL? Wait, lemme guess - the Yankees will win it all, right?
    I think that probable though anything can happen in a short series; it's a break for us to play the Indians rather than the Angels (who we can't beat). Sorry rest of the country; it looks like a Sox-Yankees ALCS.

A Yankee-Cub World Series would be kind of cool with Piniella and Soriano against the Yanks.

PS I still hate the wild card but if the Sox winning in 2004 still counts, I guess it's OK if we win as a wild card.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 15:26
    I think that probable though anything can happen in a short series; it's a break for us to play the Indians rather than the Angels (who we can't beat). Sorry rest of the country; it looks like a Sox-Yankees ALCS.

A Yankee-Cub World Series would be kind of cool with Piniella and Soriano against the Yanks.

PS I still hate the wild card but if the Sox winning in 2004 still counts, I guess it's OK if we win as a wild card.
    I think the Yankees will beat up on Cleveland's overrated pitching to win that series but the Boston-Anaheim series is much tougher series to call. My gut says Boston.

NYY in 3.
    Boston in 5.
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 15:40
    What a great day. Winning the NL East was so exciting. I've waited 14 years for that 😀 Much rather play the padres right now, and plus, they are going to throw peavy which takes him out of the first two games.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 03:00
    Should be close either way though. It will be an interesting game to watch during the commercials of the Pats/Bengals game. .
    if you're not watching this game you're not a baseball fan 😛
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 04:27
    Originally posted by trevor33
    what a f'''ing finish.

i'll be wrecked in work tomorrow but who cares that was the best game i've seen all season.

sure i haven't watch as many as i used to but still

come on you rockies 🙂

can't imagine being in the same city as the world series 🙂
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 05:07
    what a f'''ing finish.

i'll be wrecked in work tomorrow but who cares that was the best game i've seen all season.

sure i haven't watch as many as i used to but still

come on you rockies 🙂

can't imagine being in the same city as the world series 🙂
    damn I was so excited after that Hairston homer. I can't believe Hoffman blew it.
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 06:37
    So the Padres got knocked out? Cool. Means that even though the Brewers were eliminated, we had an effect by beating the Padres in our last two games (one of those getting a run off Hoffman to keep the game going). Glad the Rockies got in instead, makes for some good hitting. 🙂

Predictions

Cubs/D'backs -- Cubs in 4
    Rockies/Phillies -- Rockies in 4

Cubs/Rockies -- Cubs in 5

Indians/Yankees -- Yankees in 3
    Red Sox/Angels -- Red Sox in 5

Yankees/Red Sox -- Rex Sox in 7

Cubs/Red Sox -- Red Sox in 5
  14. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 07:40
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    So the Padres got knocked out? Cool. Means that even though the Brewers were eliminated, we had an effect by beating the Padres in our last two games (one of those getting a run off Hoffman to keep the game going). Glad the Rockies got in instead, makes for some good hitting. 🙂

Predictions

Cubs/D'backs -- Cubs in 4
    Rockies/Phillies -- Rockies in ...[text shortened]... x/Angels -- Red Sox in 5

Yankees/Red Sox -- Rex Sox in 7

Cubs/Red Sox -- Red Sox in 5
    Dont know the NL that well, the AL though...

Yankees/Indians Yanks in 4
    Angels/Red Sox Angels in 7

Angels/Yankees Angels in 4
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 13:21
    What a great game! Way better than the Pats rout of the Bengals. 🙂

The Rockies/Phillies series will be a great series to watch. The two teams will probably score 80 runs in the series.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree