1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 20:37
    "I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one," the Argentina international, whose deal runs out in the summer, told Radio del Plata.

"I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay.

"I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half."

The ongoing saga has prompted reports that Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, is a target of Real Madrid, and the forward added: "If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms."

"Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind.

"I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years."

"I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match."

Can't see Ferguson keeping him around after that. His recent performances in general have been indicative of an unhappiness.

Use the spared money to buy Benzema.

D
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 21:08
    I think the Ronaldo saga has shown that Ferguson is not a petulant baby who puts players out the door just because the media over-hypes some statements.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 21:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I think the Ronaldo saga has shown that Ferguson is not a petulant baby who puts players out the door just because the media over-hypes some statements.
    he knows how important ronaldo is to the team though, tevez isn't even a starting eleven player. it's reported it will cost utd (or anyone else) about 30m to sign tevez and with about 120,000 a week he'll want in wages i can't see utd signing him. he did well last season but imo he's to similar a player to rooney to pay that much. he's never going to start against the top sides with berbatov and rooney about.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 21:192 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    "I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years."
    Does he really think that Boca could afford him in 4 years or does that really mean that you pay £32M for 5 years and he leaves on a free?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 22:16
    Originally posted by trev33
    he knows how important ronaldo is to the team though, tevez isn't even a starting eleven player. it's reported it will cost utd (or anyone else) about 30m to sign tevez and with about 120,000 a week he'll want in wages i can't see utd signing him. he did well last season but imo he's to similar a player to rooney to pay that much. he's never going to start against the top sides with berbatov and rooney about.
    What I'm saying is that this statement is meaningless. Tevez staying depends on Ferguson's assessment of his ability to be of help to the team (and price, obviously) and not on soap operas.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 12:48
    Tevez staying depends on Ferguson's assessment of his ability to be of help to the team
    You're wrong there.

Jaap Stam was very much a Manchester United first team player when he spoke out of turn, and was shipped out practically overnight.

If Tevez' comments are correctly presented, I see a deal being reached as being very unlikely.

D
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 12:51
    Originally posted by trev33
    I reckon that £30m includes whatever they've paid already, which i believe is about £10m for the 2 year loan deal.

I may be wrong on that point.

D
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 14:051 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You're wrong there.

Jaap Stam was very much a Manchester United first team player when he spoke out of turn, and was shipped out practically overnight.

If Tevez' comments are correctly presented, I see a deal being reached as being very unlikely.

D
    Didn't Ferguson say recently that was his biggest mistake? Maybe he learned... Of course, if Tevez persists one could argue that it can ruin the group atmosphere, but so far I haven't seen anything that can't be managed.

That said, I already thought that a deal would be hard as Tevez has been benched even when Berba wasn't playing all that well. What I doubt is that it would be over these words. I could be wrong though, but even if he leaves there's probably no way to tell the exact reason why he did.

Edit - Found it.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2302221/Anger-management-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-on....html

Apparently, it was also football-related even if he now things it was a mistake.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 16:51
    Bump.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 18:20
    Bump.
    Why now?

Bump the thread after his current contract with United is up, so we can see if my prediction is right.

D
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 18:37
    Real Madrid must get rid both of grandpa Raúl and that prima dona of Higuaín, and place Huntelaar and Tevez in front. Killer attack!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree