1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 May '07 16:06
    Sheffield Utd relegated, Liverpool finish 3rd with a last minute penalty and Chelsea haven't won it. What a sweet finish to the Premiership!
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 May '07 20:13
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Sheffield Utd relegated, Liverpool finish 3rd with a last minute penalty and Chelsea haven't won it. What a sweet finish to the Premiership!
    I can't believe we've been relegated..... it never even entered my head until 4.50pm.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 20:21
    Originally posted by blade68
    I can't believe we've been relegated..... it never even entered my head until 4.50pm.
    At the start of the season I wanted them to be relagated, but actually its not right you don't deserve it. West Ham got some lucky undeserved wins after a season of crap.

They deliberated lied and cheated the rules, they should have points deducted.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    13 May '07 20:22
    Bad luck Sheff Utd. The only team that equals my team's (Palace)back luck I think. We have been relegared 4 times, once with the higest points toals. twice not in the bootem 3 before kick off on the last day only to be relegated at the end of the game. On the last issue only team that shares this feat is Sheff Utd.

Commisserations Blade. The seaon wasnt fair - Dodgy goal for West HAm at Blackburn - Premier league inactivity - weakened teams, injury for Hulse.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 May '07 21:38
    Originally posted by cantspell
    Bad luck Sheff Utd. The only team that equals my team's (Palace)back luck I think. We have been relegared 4 times, once with the higest points toals. twice not in the bootem 3 before kick off on the last day only to be relegated at the end of the game. On the last issue only team that shares this feat is Sheff Utd.

Commisserations Blade. The seaon wasn ...[text shortened]... goal for West HAm at Blackburn - Premier league inactivity - weakened teams, injury for Hulse.
    One thing I'm getting sick of hearing is all the crap about fielding "weakened teams". Teams experience injuries, suspensions and regularly rest/rotate players THROUGHOUT the season. This it seems isn't a problem unless you're in the relegation battle in the last month of the season and one of your rivals is playing a team who've had the nerve to not pick what the you think is not there best 11! Shut up Jewell, Warnock et al. You were in the 5hit because you played poorly for the first 34 games of the season.

Saying that, West Ham should have been deducted points and therefore have been relegated. In that respect I feel sorry for Sheffiled Utd's players and fans, even though I take great delight in seeing Auntie Warnock go down.
  6. over your head
    Moves
    14 May '07 08:24
    Terrible season for Yorkshire football, Sheffield United, Leeds United, Hull City, Bradford City, Rotherham United all relegated ... Leeds and Rotherham both in administration as well ... it's grim oop north
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 May '07 08:56
    Originally posted by Siskin
    Terrible season for Yorkshire football, Sheffield United, Leeds United, Hull City, Bradford City, Rotherham United all relegated ... Leeds and Rotherham both in administration as well ... it's grim oop north
    Yorkshire cricket is looking good at the moment though! 🙂
  8. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '07 10:44
    One thing I'm getting sick of hearing is all the crap about fielding "weakened teams". Teams experience injuries, suspensions and regularly rest/rotate players THROUGHOUT the season. This it seems isn't a problem unless you're in the relegation battle in the last month of the season and one of your rivals is playing a team who've had the nerve to not pick ...[text shortened]... td's players and fans, even though I take great delight in seeing Auntie Warnock go down.
    absolutely agree, where in the FA rules does it say that you MUST field your best team? Managers are entitled to field whatever team they see fit for whatever purpose, so if the team selection of Utd or Liverpool doesn’t agree with Warnock then tuff, play better at home or throughout the season next time. In saying that I do feel West Ham should have gone down! 😕
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 May '07 11:23
    One thing I'm getting sick of hearing is all the crap about fielding "weakened teams". Teams experience injuries, suspensions and regularly rest/rotate players THROUGHOUT the season. This it seems isn't a problem unless you're in the relegation battle in the last month of the season and one of your rivals is playing a team who've had the nerve to not pick ...[text shortened]... td's players and fans, even though I take great delight in seeing Auntie Warnock go down.
    I agree about it being wrong to moan about weakened teams... I posted a similar message on another topic.

Managers should be able to play whichever players they wish to play, in whichever games they choose.
    Warnock is wrong to moan about it.
    However, WHU have had the biggest let off in history in my opinion.
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 May '07 12:46
    Correct, and I hope it gets overturned. But it was all worth it to see scenes like those Blade fans crying in the stands after the final whistle. Funny as fudge.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '07 19:07
    I agree about it being wrong to moan about weakened teams... I posted a similar message on another topic.

Managers should be able to play whichever players they wish to play, in whichever games they choose.
    S..t happens I'm afraid, on another note, the sight of warnock and sean beans' face was a picture............btw I lost 50 quid saying they would equalise with 4 mins to go
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    14 May '07 23:43
    Originally posted by tawnyowl
    S..t happens I'm afraid, on another note, the sight of warnock and sean beans' face was a picture............btw I lost 50 quid saying they would equalise with 4 mins to go
    Typical Wendy mug punter!
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '07 13:58
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    At the start of the season I wanted them to be relagated, but actually its not right you don't deserve it. West Ham got some lucky undeserved wins after a season of crap.

They deliberated lied and cheated the rules, they should have points deducted.
    RUBBISH!!!! how old are you... .5? what do you know about football.... lucky wins... you call man u (twice), bolton, arsenal (away) lucky...? if so, you know nothing about football... west ham deserve every credit for staying in the league, its probably the greatest escape ever by a club, built on determination, teamwork, and belief... and you call it lucky, go away, go back to your golf
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    15 May '07 20:23
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    RUBBISH!!!! how old are you... .5? what do you know about football.... lucky wins... you call man u (twice), bolton, arsenal (away) lucky...? if so, you know nothing about football... west ham deserve every credit for staying in the league, its probably the greatest escape ever by a club, built on determination, teamwork, and belief... and you call it lucky, go away, go back to your golf
    WHU have achieved some good victories this season, but their record against teams around them hasn't been that good.
    You're missing the whole point.... they haven't played by the rules, and (as yet) haven't been punished suitably, or in line with other clubs that have broken those same rules similarly.

Not being funny, but it's you who sounds like the 5 year old.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '07 14:52

Get over it, you're down, end of. The fact is you just wern't good enough over 38 games. All this bleating and moaning is typical of a club that had the biggest cry baby loser as a manager, its refs fault, its fergys fault, its benitezs' fault, its width of a posts fault. The bloke is such a hypocrite, wasn't he the one who fielded reserves against Swansea in the cup.
    Anyway, I've still not stopped laughing...........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree