Cards clinch division

Cards clinch division

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
14 Sep 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Tell you what? Since it is all over in your estimation, I'll make a wager with you. You can have the Yankees to win the World Series and I will take the field to win it all. I will wager however much you would like.
The only wager I offer is my judgment on the matter. So apparently it is your judgement that the Yankees will not win a World Series this year? If not, who then?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
The only wager I offer is my judgment on the matter. So apparently it is your judgement that the Yankees will not win a World Series this year? If not, who then?
The team that will win it all will be the team that does not lose any playoff series all the way through the World Series. Any team that makes it into the playoffs has a chance to win it. I personally do not think the Yankees will win because they will implode. That is my thought only and no guarantee. Guarantees on sporting events are for fools and bookies. I am playing the odds by wagering against your guarantee.

w

Moves
18 Sep 09
4 edits

The team that will win it all will be the team that does not lose any playoff series all the way through the World Series. Any team that makes it into the playoffs has a chance to win it. I personally do not think the Yankees will win because they will implode. That is my thought only and no guarantee. Guarantees on sporting events are for fools and bookies. I am playing the odds by wagering against your guarantee.
Lets just say I hope the Yankees win the World Series. I just can't bear to listen to them whine any more about not winning yet another world series. As for baseball, it is pretty much dead to me now. I simply can't bear to watch my Dreds waste away for another decade or so and I can't follow any other teams. My fate has been sealed because of the lack of financial parity in MLB. I simply was not fortunate enough to follow a team that wound up in a "big market".

May the oldest professional franchize in US history rest in peace. :'(

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
Lets just say I hope the Yankees win the World Series. I just can't bear to listen to them whine any more about not winning yet another world series. As for baseball, it is pretty much dead to me now. I simply can't bear to watch my Dreds waste away for another decade or so and I can't follow any other teams. My fate has been sealed because of the lack of ...[text shortened]... "big market".

May the oldest professional franchize in US history rest in peace. :'(
Give them a burial just like Marge Schott and Schottzie had!!

w

Moves
19 Sep 09

Give them a burial just like Marge Schott and Schottzie had!!
Nope they don't deserve one. After all, Marge at least won a World Series. The smucks that run this organization now don't deserve anything remotely as nice.