1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 10:04
    By the way, Ronaldo's goal was the closest football equivalent of a slam dunk that I've ever seen.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 11:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    By the way, Ronaldo's goal was the closest football equivalent of a slam dunk that I've ever seen.
    Superbly brave header. Apart from that and a shot late on which hit the post, he did absolutely nothing apart from sulk and complain.

It beggars belief that fans voted him as MOTM on both Uefa.com and bbc.co.uk

Only skysports seems to have gotten it right by voting Rooney as top dog.

I guess the question is now: will be break Law's record of 44 goals? (achieved during a longer league season). Time for a bump.

D
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I didn't see the games yesterday, so I can't analyze that single game. However, here's what I think of Barcelona.

Rijkaard has lost control of the dressing room. No team can function properly if there is so much internal turmoil. Ronaldinho is the obvious case, but I think that Deco's demise has even hurt them more. He was once described by Ronaldinho as ...[text shortened]... as great when the team was getting along, but I think his cycle at Barcelona is over.
    If anything Iniesta is underrated....sublime pass to Henry for goal last night....would love if Man U bought him..quality player
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:48
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    If anything Iniesta is underrated....sublime pass to Henry for goal last night....would love if Man U bought him..quality player
    Underrated by whom? Me? Whenever I hear his name is to praise him or to say he's underrated...

He's a good support player, nothing more, nothing less.
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 14:33
    interesting to see how bad the injure to Rio is. if both of United's 1st choice CHs' are injured.. I say AS ROMA to win 3-1 on wednesday 😵
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 15:14
    Originally posted by spurs73
    interesting to see how bad the injure to Rio is. if both of United's 1st choice CHs' are injured.. I say AS ROMA to win 3-1 on wednesday 😵
    This is why I lamented Pique's lack of matches a few games back.

O Shea simply isn't good enough, though he can't be knocked as an uncomplaining squad player. If Pique had a few more games under his belt, I'd have no fear, but given his lack of match practice this season, things could get messy.

Top game today, BTW. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fair play to the Boro.

D
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 15:27
    Brilliant match. Thoroughly enjoyable and Boro were well worth the draw.

Park did well when he came on.

Around this time last year Rio and Vidic got injured....fingers crossed they will be ok as JOS ceratainly not good enough to play centre half at this level.

Long way to go in the title race, Chelsea will be happy with todays outcome thats for sure.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 20:20
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    Brilliant match. Thoroughly enjoyable and Boro were well worth the draw.

Park did well when he came on.

Around this time last year Rio and Vidic got injured....fingers crossed they will be ok as JOS ceratainly not good enough to play centre half at this level.

Long way to go in the title race, Chelsea will be happy with todays outcome thats for sure.
    United are screwed.

looks like Hargreaves, brown, Pique and evra as the back 4.

A week ago i would have said no probs for united over the 2 legs but with top choice Ch's both out it's a worry
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 22:22
    Originally posted by jacko13
    United are screwed.

looks like Hargreaves, brown, Pique and evra as the back 4.

A week ago i would have said no probs for united over the 2 legs but with top choice Ch's both out it's a worry
    well i would not go as far as that, but it could cost you the double of prem league, champions league.

latest news on sky is that rio did not break a bone, but how long will he be out of action.

Chelsea are now in the driving seat.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 23:171 edit
    Chelsea are now in the driving seat.
    Fan of back seat drivers are you?

D
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 23:22
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Fan of back seat drivers are you?

D
    while you united supporters have been busy looking at Arsenal..chelsea have cut the points down to 3, and united still have to go there.

Just look at the run in to the end of the season, United got some real tough games and with possibly both your 1st choice centre halfs out of most of the games.

i said at the start of the season Chelsea will win the prem league this season and i will stand by that.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 13:11
    while you united supporters have been busy looking at Arsenal..chelsea have cut the points down to 3, and united still have to go there.

Just look at the run in to the end of the season, United got some real tough games and with possibly both your 1st choice centre halfs out of most of the games.

i said at the start of the season Chelsea will win the prem league this season and i will stand by that.
    Who are you referring to as "you united supporters" in a reply to my post?

I picked Chelsea to finish ahead of Arsenal at the start of the season, and have been writing Arsenal off since January, while noting that Chelsea would be our main challengers.

Try to keep up.

D
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 17:02
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Who are you referring to as "you united supporters" in a reply to my post?

I picked Chelsea to finish ahead of Arsenal at the start of the season, and have been writing Arsenal off since January, while noting that Chelsea would be our main challengers.

Try to keep up.

D
    i hope your beloved UNITED 'can keep up' by the end of this month.

United will win nothing this year..believe me!!
  14. London
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 20:32
    Liverpool vs Arsenal, one of the most amazing games I have ever watched!
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    Liverpool vs Arsenal, one of the most amazing games I have ever watched!
    Great game alright.

Arsenal's lack of leadership and lack of depth of squad really showed through tonight. Fabregas looked out on his feet in the last 10 minutes and Senderos isn't even good enough to play for the Spurs defence.

Mascherano was awesome, and heaven forbid, even Kuyt looked like a footballer. Gerrard was non-existant, until he got his prominent place in the highlights clips with a very well taken peno.

So Liverpool - Chelsea is one semi final.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree