1. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:01
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    Liverpool vs Arsenal, one of the most amazing games I have ever watched!
    Pretty much what I was thinking and hoping I could be the first to say but I stayed to watch Dunphy who of course had to mention Man Utd ---- Man Utd - Liverpool Champions League Final ---- can you imagine it, just another Liverpool Chelsea game first of all, I don't think I've ever seen one of those before......
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:061 edit
    I just made my friend (a Chelsea fan) a $20 bet that Liverpool would win in the semi-finals.

Was that a smart move?
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:07
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    Liverpool vs Arsenal, one of the most amazing games I have ever watched!
    a great game.. ENGLISH teams are the best in the world!
  4. where angels play
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I just made my friend (a Chelsea fan) a $20 bet that Liverpool would win in the semi-finals.

Was that a smart move?
    Ask a chelsea fan who they wouldnt want to play in a champions league semi final and you will get your answer, smart money my friend๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:262 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Gerrard was non-existant
    Yeah, Gerrard was gash. What a show pony out there on the left doing nothing. Overrated? The word was invented for him.

Shut yer cake hole Rag.

He did his job and more while plenty of players on both sides didn't (Adebayor, Fabregas, Alonso)

You'd take him over any of Scholes, Hargreaves, Carrick & Anderson and you know it.
  6. where angels play
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:44
    Special mention has to go to Sami Hypia, the lad is pure class.
    He could have kicked up a fuss when he wasnt playing a few months ago,
    and gone and got first team football week in week out with a tinpot team like Fulham or Spurs.
    Instead he bided his time on the bench, kept quiet and when his chance came he took it by the horns.Then pops up on a night like this with a bullet header to turn the tie around.
    He is Liverpool through and through and opitimises the liverpool spirit.
    Never give up, even when everything and everyone is stacked up against you.
    Two fingers up to the london press, sky sports and Andy Gray, ITV and the cockney blue scumbag Andy townsend.
    We are Liverpoolfc, the greatest football club in the world, and we will always walk on with our heads held high.
    Rant over, thank you and good night.
  7. London
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:55
    Originally posted by darvlay

Was that a smart move?
    It's a fair shout. Liverpool have a great record in the Champion's League so I'd definatly take that bet. If it's a United Liverpool final I won't know who to bet on, apart from Ronaldo getting a goal!!
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 22:07
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    [b]Special mention has to go to Sami Hypia, the lad is pure class.
    He could have kicked up a fuss when he wasnt playing a few months ago,
    and gone and got first team football week in week out with a tinpot team like Fulham or Spurs.
    O! please give me a break..it was'nt that long ago that the Liverpud fans were all on the bbc 606 posting how its time for Hypia to go and how RAFA needed to get at least one centre half.

you guys make me laugh๐Ÿ™„
  9. where angels play
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 22:40
    Fair enough, i would have probably agreed with them 6 months ago, but give the lad credit he has proved everyone wrong and deserves his new contract.
    He was a bit rusty the first few matches when he came back but he has been immence since.

Another player who deserves credit is Dirk Kuyt, he gets stick of everybody but gets played out of position week in, week out. He just gets on with it, he works his socks off and never moans. He has no pace and his first touch is awfull but he runs and harrys all game and unsettles opposition defenders.
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 22:47
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Fair enough, i would have probably agreed with them 6 months ago, but give the lad credit he has proved everyone wrong and deserves his new contract.
    He was a bit rusty the first few matches when he came back but he has been immence since.

Another player who deserves credit is Dirk Kuyt, he gets stick of everybody but gets played out of position ...[text shortened]... nd his first touch is awfull but he runs and harrys all game and unsettles opposition defenders.
    I have always been a fan of Hype..over the laswt 10 years he has been one of the best centre halfs in the prem league..infact a lot of ppl would put him in their all time prem league xi.

I though Kuyt was very good tonight. He played for the team and did what he had to do for the good of the team.

sometimes you need players like that in the team then the usual 'superstars'
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 23:14
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Yeah, Gerrard was gash. What a show pony out there on the left doing nothing. Overrated? The word was invented for him.

Shut yer cake hole Rag.

He did his job and more while plenty of players on both sides didn't (Adebayor, Fabregas, Alonso)

You'd take him over any of Scholes, Hargreaves, Carrick & Anderson and you know it.
    Read his quotes in the paper tomorrow.

He admitted himself that it was his worst performance in a Pool jersey.

It has been noted that you didn't mention Darren Fletcher in your list.

D
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 00:48
    Originally posted by spurs73
    I have always been a fan of Hype..over the laswt 10 years he has been one of the best centre halfs in the prem league..infact a lot of ppl would put him in their all time prem league xi.

I though Kuyt was very good tonight. He played for the team and did what he had to do for the good of the team.

sometimes you need players like that in the team then the usual 'superstars'
    Hypia seems a tree in the second Arsenal goal , but yeah he was almost perfect on this match... and Kuyt, its unbelievable how he has improved his level in one year
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 07:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It has been noted that you didn't mention Darren Fletcher in your list.
    Darren Fletcher's so bad he doesn't really deserve to make any lists
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 13:52
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Boy, do you think Gerrard's blatant cheating cost him a couple of legitimate penalties yesterday? It's a pity a good player like Gerrard is after getting a reputation as such a cheat. And, heaven forbid, he's English as well.

D
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Apr '08 19:39
    LOOK Rag...English players dont CHEAT ok.... thats done only by the Foreign players....
    ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree