1. Standard memberRobrobbie
    The Blues Boy
    Joined
    18 Jan '08
    Moves
    9229
    10 May '08 18:02
    Give your your opinion on who you think will take home the cup.
  2. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    11 May '08 18:49
    Originally posted by Robrobbie
    Give your your opinion on who you think will take home the cup.
    The Premier League Champions of 2008.
  3. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    12 May '08 07:49
    I want Manchester United to win, but have a horrible feeling Chelsea will nick it...
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '08
    Moves
    10
    12 May '08 07:51
    chelsea of course is lifting the champions league trophy .united will have to be satisfied with the premier league. it is going to be the replay of last season fa cup.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    63983
    12 May '08 09:22
    Originally posted by robopawn
    it is going to be the replay of last season fa cup.
    I think I'll get an early night then
  6. Joined
    01 May '08
    Moves
    502
    12 May '08 16:30
    M.U. is going to win it........
  7. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    12 May '08 16:38
    Chelsea......2 Man U.....1
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    12 May '08 18:51
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I think I'll get an early night then
    I don't think the match will be such a stinker as that FA cup final. Firstly, United were shagged last season, and were unable to break Chelsea's negative tactics. This game, they should be fresh as daisies.

    Secondly, people will probably be reading too much into the fact that Chelski beat us recently. I don't think that counts at all, considering Chelski had to go for it, whereas United didn't. I feel Fergie took a slight gamble with both team selection and mentality in that game. This won't happen in the final.

    Thirdly, I'd be very surprised if Terry is fit.

    The only thing in Chelski's favour, IMHO, is that it is in Russia, and Abramovich will have ample opportunity to swing things his way, if he is that way inclined.

    If Ferdinand improves the physical aspect of his game against Drogba, then I don't see United having too many problems in winning.

    D
  9. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    12 May '08 21:52
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

    The only thing in Chelski's favour, IMHO, is that it is in Russia, and Abramovich will have ample opportunity to swing things his way, if he is that way inclined.

    If Ferdinand improves the physical aspect of his game against Drogba, then I don't see United having too many problems in winning.

    D[/b]
    as opposed to Fergies' pre-match comments to put pressure on refs before every big game that United play in England.

    Which resulted in United being, until a few weeks ago, the only team in the prem league not to concide a peanlty.

    Some one was telling in that there has only ever been one penalty given against United at Old T over the last 5 seasons.

    If this was happening in the Italian league we would all be making wink..wink ..jokes!
  10. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    13 May '08 07:51
    Originally posted by spurs73
    as opposed to Fergies' pre-match comments to put pressure on refs before every big game that United play in England.

    Which resulted in United being, until a few weeks ago, the only team in the prem league not to concide a peanlty.

    Some one was telling in that there has only ever been one penalty given against United at Old T over the last 5 seasons.

    If this was happening in the Italian league we would all be making wink..wink ..jokes!
    The penalties issue is an amazing statistic in all fairness...

    Fergie is a master of the old 'mind games', and because he's such a public figure he knows everything he says will be analysed and disected... he uses this to good effect.
    If other managers don't, that's their problem - they all have access to the media. Jose Mourinho used the press to good effect too.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    63983
    13 May '08 09:302 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    .. and Abramovich will have ample opportunity to swing things his way, if he is that way inclined.
    "If"? The guy has made a fortune (and stayed alive long enough to enjoy it!) in the dodgiest economy in the world. I'd be very worried about a number of potential "unlucky" breaks for ManU in Russia!
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    13 May '08 09:521 edit
    I see Manchester United fans already have their excuse lined up, in case they lose.

    Edit - Here's hoping the paranoia gets to United players and there's some cards flowing for shouting at the ref.
  13. Joined
    11 May '07
    Moves
    14366
    13 May '08 14:44
    look at the end of the day if anyone cheats then they should be banned from football. All i hope is that the game isn't as bad as the F.A. cup final, that nobody cheats, and that Chelsea win. Is that really too much to ask?
  14. Joined
    11 May '07
    Moves
    14366
    13 May '08 14:47
    Also I hope that I don't look at a forum after the match to see excuse after excuse. I think that Chelsea deserve to win because Man U won the prem. however if Man U do win then I hope it's for being the better team onthe night. Not for a bad dsition.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    63983
    13 May '08 15:15
    Originally posted by ace121
    I think that Chelsea deserve to win because Man U won the prem.
    Hard to argue against such wisdom.
Back to Top