1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:47
    Hats off to the Giants. Beat Texas like a drum and claimed a well deserved win! Texas was a worthy opponent with plenty of weapons. No small feat to make Texas look bad in every facet of the game! Well deserved WS win!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 06:55
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Hats off to the Giants. Beat Texas like a drum and claimed a well deserved win! Texas was a worthy opponent with plenty of weapons. No small feat to make Texas look bad in every facet of the game! Well deserved WS win!
    ... as well as the fact that the Giants waited a lifetime

to break the spell of defeat with this 2010 Victory!
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 13:20
    Well deserved win by the Giants.

Overall this Series has been a bit disappointing. The performances from Lincecum, Cain, Wilson and Bumgarner were incredible but I really found the drama and excitement that the World Series typically brings to be lacking in this finale. it's a shame the antlers and claws didn't show up to play.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay

Overall this Series has been a bit disappointing. The performances from Lincecum, Cain, Wilson and Bumgarner were incredible but I really found the drama and excitement that the World Series typically brings to be lacking in this finale. it's a shame the antlers and claws didn't show up to play.
    I heard that it was the second lesat watched World Series in World Series history. Ratings were simply abysmal.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 14:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    I heard that it was the second lesat watched World Series in World Series history. Ratings were simply abysmal.
    When it comes to sports, ratings don't really concern me. Baseball will be around regardless of what the ratings. The only people who should really care about ratings, when it comes to sports, are advertisers and television executives. Obviously a World Series without a so-called big market team is not going to draw as many viewers as a Yankees-Phillies series. As a fan, that's irrelevant to me enjoying the sport.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 23:20

It is a shame, but I disagree they failed to show up to play. They were simply outplayed by one of the toughest slate of starting pitchers I've seen in a while!
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 01:01
    It is a shame, but I disagree they failed to show up to play. They were simply outplayed by one of the toughest slate of starting pitchers I've seen in a while!
    I agree, to shut down the best hitting team in the Majors the way they did.. I think they said Texas was only shut out 4 times all year, and to do it twice in the WS..
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 01:41
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I agree, to shut down the best hitting team in the Majors the way they did.. I think they said Texas was only shut out 4 times all year, and to do it twice in the WS..
    ONe only has to marvel at being soundly beaten. NO excuses, no shame. To play and lose by being totally outplayed is nothing short of remrakable. Good pitching is always great, and when good hitters are unable to solve the riddle one has to watch in awe. Specially when one considers how they manhandled Yankees pitching, no small feat. Seeing what Giants did to Phillies' hitters I thought Rangers were in for a wild ride. I applaud Bochy and his crew, players and marvelous fans. Giants is full of characters, all likeable and not terribly full of themselves as athletes are prone to be. I am happy for the great city of San Fran! Rangers will be back!
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 06:42
    ONe only has to marvel at being soundly beaten. NO excuses, no shame. To play and lose by being totally outplayed is nothing short of remrakable. Good pitching is always great, and when good hitters are unable to solve the riddle one has to watch in awe. Specially when one considers how they manhandled Yankees pitching, no small feat. Seeing what Giants ...[text shortened]... s as athletes are prone to be. I am happy for the great city of San Fran! Rangers will be back!
    Seemingly the Marlins gave up a good guy, Cody Ross.. He had quite a lot to do with the damage and play against Texas!
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 06:43
    So much for the cream of the crop, Rays, Yanks, etc.. NL all the way!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 11:54
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Seemingly the Marlins gave up a good guy, Cody Ross.. He had quite a lot to do with the damage and play against Texas!
    Being dumped seems to light quite the fire in good players. As stated above, I don't mind losing to a group of obviously great guys who were considered dark horses. What Texas and other AL teams need to study is how to land four top aces on your pitching staff instead of only one. I was most impressed by Cain.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 13:02
    What Texas and other AL teams need to study is how to land four top aces on your pitching staff instead of only one. I was most impressed by Cain.
    All four starting pitchers on the Giants were drafted by the team and brought through the organization. That's very rare and an incredible feat.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:00
    All four starting pitchers on the Giants were drafted by the team and brought through the organization. That's very rare and an incredible feat.
    Wow! I had no idea at all. That is beyond impressive. We need their GM to teach ours how to do that! I also admire their bullpen, especially Brian Wilson and think Romo is also quite good as well as Sanchez. It may be a dynasty in the making. I also like that they seem to be real goofball type characters. I hope Texas grooms Feliz to be the next Mo, but think they might rotate him into being a starter first.
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 00:47
    Wow! I had no idea at all. That is beyond impressive. We need their GM to teach ours how to do that! I also admire their bullpen, especially Brian Wilson and think Romo is also quite good as well as Sanchez. It may be a dynasty in the making. I also like that they seem to be real goofball type characters. I hope Texas grooms Feliz to be the next Mo, but think they might rotate him into being a starter first.
    Sanchez wasn't too hot this post season. If I recall correctly, he was pulled within 3 innings in a game against the Phillies. He was also the pitcher in our losing game in the world series (but this was also the first Texas home game so there was a lot involved there).

Wilson was pretty great postseason, 0.00 era!
    Bumgarner did fantastic on the fourth game. I think he didn't finish it because he was getting tired on the 8th inning (started to get a bit sloppy and slow), and probably made the right choice to maintain a shutout.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 02:13
    CA > TX

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree