1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 05:11
    Originally posted by ua41
    Sanchez wasn't too hot this post season. If I recall correctly, he was pulled within 3 innings in a game against the Phillies. He was also the pitcher in our losing game in the world series (but this was also the first Texas home game so there was a lot involved there).

Wilson was pretty great postseason, 0.00 era!
    Bumgarner did fantastic on the fourth game ...[text shortened]... arted to get a bit sloppy and slow), and probably made the right choice to maintain a shutout.
    Sanchez will bounce back! Brian Wislon and Caine had 0,00 ERA's!
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Sanchez will bounce back! Brian Wislon and Caine had 0,00 ERA's!
    You seriously know my team better than me! I knew Cain had an amazing post season but i didn't realize he also had a 0.00!

Thoughts on the first world series game? 7-11? Were the pitchers just nervous and anxious? The giants have a lot of young blood and hopefully they don't let the victory get to them and make 'em relaxed
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '10 19:46
    Originally posted by ua41
    You seriously know my team better than me! I knew Cain had an amazing post season but i didn't realize he also had a 0.00!

Thoughts on the first world series game? 7-11? Were the pitchers just nervous and anxious? The giants have a lot of young blood and hopefully they don't let the victory get to them and make 'em relaxed
    First WS game always nerve wracking for even the seasoned pros. I mainatain that a loss to a team like the Giants is never shameful. Rangers threw their best at 'em and were soundly trounced. To hold a high power offense under shackles the way Giants did was poetry in pitching! I am sure Ron Washington kept thinking about anything which might have worked. My only criticism is that he should have used Cliff Lee in game four on three days rest and gambled. I would have sent a message and might have worked. Everything Bruce Bochy did worked. Nothing Washington tried worked. All the bounces went Giants' way. Tis their year and earned as well deserved pennant!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree