Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 08 Nov '10 09:57
    where is Shazz, you called it correct my man, Cowboys now implode, what the answer, the coach dont have any, the players are looking about shaking their heads, whats the answer? can the coach and start again? surely the players are also responsible? sorrt state of affairs down there in Dallas.
  2. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    08 Nov '10 11:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

    where is Shazz, you called it correct my man, Cowboys now implode, what the answer, the coach dont have any, the players are looking about shaking their heads, whats the answer? can the coach and start again? surely the players are also responsible? sorrt state of affairs down there in Dallas.
    Obviously a sad scenario of overpriced talent sans passion, leadership and vision.
  3. 08 Nov '10 11:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Obviously a sad scenario of overpriced talent sans passion, leadership and vision.
    oh gramps i wish i knew enough about it, only what i may glean from the kindness of others is what i am able to regurgitate like a seed picking bird, watched the interviews, Jerry was, 'embarrassed', the coach looked distraught, had no answers, the players looked like they did not want to play football, it seems to me that once again you have managed to distil the essence of the situation. Looking at the game, the cowboys were physically brushed aside like they were a pestilent fly near ones Chardonnay, it was like they had no presence, they were playing some place else!
  4. 08 Nov '10 12:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    where is Shazz, you called it correct my man, Cowboys now implode, what the answer, the coach dont have any, the players are looking about shaking their heads, whats the answer? can the coach and start again? surely the players are also responsible? sorrt state of affairs down there in Dallas.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/110810dnspotaylorcol.20ae1c7ec.html

    Bad in all phases of the game, lacking heart or hustle, totally devoid of pride! Reality is there is but one answer. Fire the GM. Wait a minute, he owns the friggin team! If Jerry relinquishes the seat he so poorly holds and realizes he would have fired a GM perfroming as badly as he eons ago then things might change. His sons need to look him in the eye and tell him his time is past and if he refuses bring the mental clinic paddy waggon and haul him off in a straight jacket!
  5. 08 Nov '10 13:02
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/110810dnspotaylorcol.20ae1c7ec.html

    Bad in all phases of the game, lacking heart or hustle, totally devoid of pride! Reality is there is but one answer. Fire the GM. Wait a minute, he owns the friggin team! If Jerry relinquishes the seat he so poorly holds and realizes he would have fired a GM p ...[text shortened]... st and if he refuses bring the mental clinic paddy waggon and haul him off in a straight jacket!
    lol, i loved this comment,

    I know an interim coach during the season is usually a bad thing. I wonder why Jerry doesn't do what he's wanted for many years - name himself head coach.
  6. 08 Nov '10 13:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    where is Shazz, you called it correct my man, Cowboys now implode, what the answer, the coach dont have any, the players are looking about shaking their heads, whats the answer? can the coach and start again? surely the players are also responsible? sorrt state of affairs down there in Dallas.
    He certainly didn't call it correct before the season started when he predicted the Cowboys would win the Superbowl.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=131880&page=&page=8
  7. 08 Nov '10 13:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    He certainly didn't call it correct before the season started when he predicted the Cowboys would win the Superbowl.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=131880&page=&page=8
    yes but there was optimism, even Jerry thought at the start of the season they had a great chance, look at me, i predicted the broncos!
  8. 08 Nov '10 14:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes but there was optimism, even Jerry thought at the start of the season they had a great chance, look at me, i predicted the broncos!
    Puh-leaze! What was there he had to be optimistic about? The "locker room cancer" they drafted (whom Michael Irvin said would win them a SuperBowl if he was started), the meek little quarterback who chokes in every big game, the coaching staff nobody liked or the "meddlesome owner" who the team will never succeed with moving forward?

    Gotta love Cowboy fans.
  9. 08 Nov '10 14:50
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Puh-leaze! What was there he had to be optimistic about? The "locker room cancer" they drafted (whom Michael Irvin said would win them a SuperBowl if he was started), the meek little quarterback who chokes in every big game, the coaching staff nobody liked or the "meddlesome owner" who the team will never succeed with moving forward?

    Gotta love Cowboy fans.
    on Darvlay mate, i dunno enough about it to offer any resistance, it seems that all these aspects have proven true, its not a team but a conglomeration of independent constituent parts, what i will say is, did you notice how awesome the Vikings played, Brett Farve is a true great! so hes a human being and his misses is giving him hassle, still great football player me thinks.
  10. 08 Nov '10 15:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    on Darvlay mate, i dunno enough about it to offer any resistance, it seems that all these aspects have proven true, its not a team but a conglomeration of independent constituent parts, what i will say is, did you notice how awesome the Vikings played, Brett Farve is a true great! so hes a human being and his misses is giving him hassle, still great football player me thinks.
    Barf played probably his best game this year yesterday (although he still through some picks). He's an all-time great and a hall-of-famer but I haven't liked him ever since he began holding his teams hostage with his will-I-or-won't-I BS. He can single-handedly win you games and he can also single-handedly lose them for you, including very important playoff games.
  11. 08 Nov '10 21:27
    Wade Phillips fired. Jason Garrett promoted. I can't see how promoting a guy within the same league of ho-hum coaches will change anything, but you never know.

    Curious fact: During his tenure as Cowboys head coach, Phillips had a better overall record than Bill Parcells.
  12. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    08 Nov '10 21:37
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Wade Phillips fired. Jason Garrett promoted. I can't see how promoting a guy within the same league of ho-hum coaches will change anything, but you never know.

    Curious fact: During his tenure as Cowboys head coach, Phillips had a better overall record than Bill Parcells.
    One thing's beginning to seem certain for everybody associated with Jerry's Fun Park and the Dallas

    Cowboys Franchise... entire second half of the NFL 2010 Season will be a double chin strap game.
  13. 08 Nov '10 22:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    He certainly didn't call it correct before the season started when he predicted the Cowboys would win the Superbowl.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=131880&page=&page=8
    Oh well! Predictions don't always materialize. Simple fact of sports. Now there's other locker room flotsam identfied. Martellus Bennet seems to be just as bad as Dez Bryant. Bear in mind all the experst were posting Cowboys as favorites. Perhaps Cowboys believed it a little too much and failed to put in the necessary work in. After all there are no anointings! Step in right direction by fairing Phillips, but we all now who real culrpit is!
  14. 08 Nov '10 22:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    lol, i loved this comment,

    I know an interim coach during the season is usually a bad thing. I wonder why Jerry doesn't do what he's wanted for many years - name himself head coach.
    Interim coach only way to go. Garrett will be let go at end of season as well. He's worn out his welcome. Jerry should have fired Jerry! That's the real problem!
  15. 08 Nov '10 22:44
    Big local press rumor. Jerry may bring in the Mad Hatter at end of season! Wow. I wonder if Les Miles would want to coach here?