Cowboys disintegrate!

Cowboys disintegrate!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
09 Nov 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
One thing's beginning to seem certain for everybody associated with Jerry's Fun Park and the Dallas

Cowboys Franchise... entire second half of the NFL 2010 Season will be a double chin strap game.
Jerry world is rocked by lockerroomquake! Simply put, the GM (Jerry) is a bumbler extraordinaire. Just to think we could have had Gary Payton or Kubiak instead of Wade of Mayberry!

d

Moves
09 Nov 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Big local press rumor. Jerry may bring in the Mad Hatter at end of season! Wow. I wonder if Les Miles would want to coach here?
Ha ha! Seriously? Oh man, Les Miles is a serious fruitcake. He might fit in well there.

s

Moves
09 Nov 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Ha ha! Seriously? Oh man, Les Miles is a serious fruitcake. He might fit in well there.
ONly a rumor for now. I doubt Miles would leave a great gig like LSU! He is a fruitcake, but Jerry seems to like such people!

s

Moves
10 Nov 10

Really good column from Tim Colishaw of DMN

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tcowlishaw/stories/110910dnspocowlishaw.20f550d39.html

rc

Moves
10 Nov 10

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tcowlishaw/stories/110910dnspocowlishaw.20f550d39.html
very interesting, he may be a business man, but hes sure no football coach. I was reading another article which led me to believe that it could not have been the players, for the cowboys have so many outstanding players (i think there is a rating out of a hundred and many of the cowboys players are in the seventies and eighties), leading us to the conclusion that yes indeed, given the talent (independently assessed talent) that something is seriously wrong with the coaching staff. I suppose there is no way for the fans to oust jerry other than boycotting the games (here in the Uk at Manchester United the fans loathe the owners and are very vocal in their condemnation (they where different coloured scarf's from the official ones). I suppose as long as Jerry is running the show the coaches will be in fear and no one flourishes in an environment of fear.

s

Moves
10 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
very interesting, he may be a business man, but hes sure no football coach. I was reading another article which led me to believe that it could not have been the players, for the cowboys have so many outstanding players (i think there is a rating out of a hundred and many of the cowboys players are in the seventies and eighties), leading us to the c ...[text shortened]... s running the show the coaches will be in fear and no one flourishes in an environment of fear.
Puppet master extraordinaire is what Jerry is. He is actually not a bad guy, not loathsome at all, but also a big dufus and thinks he know better than he does. He has made horrible drafts. It is years of trying to emulate Jimmy Johnson without success. Until Jerry gets over that one he will continue failing!

BTW a week or so ago I mentioned Dallas Vs. Denver. I read the cities right, but it ws a basketball game not NFL. Broncos and Cowboys do not meet this season. It's worse for the Cowboys. They play the Giants in NYC!

d

Moves
10 Nov 10
1 edit

Good article. Can't say I agree entirely (as I'm sure you already know) but it's tough to argue that hiring a GM would be a bad move on paper. It's funny though, like you said, so many people revered the Cowboys for the talented roster only a month ago. Last year, Jason Garrett was supposed to be a head coach somewhere else and Wade Phillips was the best defensive coach in the league. Now it's all gone to s__t and Jerry's left holding the bag (of cash).

"But look at any Super Bowl winner of the last 15 years and you find franchises that have ownership and then a general manager and then a coaching staff."

Of course we all know what Owner/GM it was who won that Superbowl those many years ago and that he won 3 Superbowls in 4 years. The Raiders as well made it to the Superbowl no longer than 8 years ago and have won 3 Superbowls in their history.

That alone gives the Owner/GM arrangement 6 Superbowls out of 44 tries. A paltry 14% of the time. 😛 See, even I can skew numbers.

s

Moves
10 Nov 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Good article. Can't say I agree entirely (as I'm sure you already know) but it's tough to argue that hiring a GM would be a bad move on paper. It's funny though, like you said, so many people revered the Cowboys for the talented roster only a month ago. Last year, Jason Garrett was supposed to be a head coach somewhere else and Wade Phillips was the best ...[text shortened]... uperbowls out of 44 tries. A paltry 14% of the time. 😛 See, even I can skew numbers.
Results are the only thing that matters. Jerry won with a strong coach with almost GM say in personnel matters. Heopted to make the worst possible move by firing Jhnson. That proved he does not know what he's doing. Only SB win after that was with Johnson assembled team. Once that dwindledthruogh age/attrition/ free agency/ etc. the team lost its edge and has never regained it. truly. To wit only two playoff wins since 96! Have not even smelled a NFC title game. Whatever worked before does not anymore because Jerry decided he was the football brains, not Jimmy! Can't argue with results. This season we thought maybe Boys would win in spite of Wade and Jerry given the talent level. We were all wrong, but then even sports writers thought Cowboys were headed for SB.

s

Moves
16 Nov 10

There's some life left and some fight in them Boys!