1. Standard memberInlandRevenueUK
    Cause I'm the taxman
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 15:23
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Actually it is baseball that has no interest in being in the Olympics. MLB shows that it is popular in many parts of the world and certainly does not need a stupid tournament every 4 years interfering with its established schedule.
    If you can't make it on your own (cricket), I guess you can rally around the false national pride Olympic ideals, sell your soul to the IOC and get the fleeting publicity.
    Interesting then that Football (Soccer) is the most popular sport on earth but is still an olympic event!

As for sports and institutions selling their souls for cash and publicity, this is surely an un-sound argument given that baseball (As well as most other American sports) are littered with teams that have moved from city to city for varying reasons.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 16:22
    "I still don't understand how it takes 22 men an entire day to finish what is essentially an incredibly elaborate game of 'catch'!"

DS
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 16:59
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    "I still don't understand how it takes 22 men an entire day to finish what is essentially an incredibly elaborate game of 'catch'!"

DS
    "Its just not cricket", eh?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 17:07

DS
    5 days.....
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 04:19
    Originally posted by InlandRevenueUK
    Interesting then that Football (Soccer) is the most popular sport on earth but is still an olympic event!

As for sports and institutions selling their souls for cash and publicity, this is surely an un-sound argument given that baseball (As well as most other American sports) are littered with teams that have moved from city to city for varying reasons.
    and the english premier league is littered with players who moved from other teams in other countries for cash and publicity.

So, what's your point?
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 04:19

DS
    wrecked

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree