1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 00:42
    Originally posted by blade68
    ...and not forgetting pulling pretend 'cards' from his pocket?
    Haven't seen that from Ronaldo in a very long time. Are you sure you're not getting confused with the young Anderson?

D
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 11:35
    Originally posted by blade68
    ...and not forgetting pulling pretend 'cards' from his pocket?
    Yeah, it's much better to do shout and insult referees. ๐Ÿ™„
  3. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 19:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He is already pushing very close to being the best player in the World. Against a poor to decent team, there is nobody better in punishing them.

What he needs to do now to achieve the undisputed lable of Best Player in the World is improve his performances against top teams.

I think he needs to approach these games slightly differently. His inabilit ...[text shortened]... ame. Performing against the top teams is what he needs to do now.

Is this the season?

D
    Dp you honestly htink Ferguson doesn't tell him this before every big game. Ronaldo is to bigheaded and thinks he can beat hte best defenders in hte world with the sort of tricks I do in the school yard every day. To be honest he shouldn't be able to get past a proffesional defender with tricks - it should be his pace,not the tricks that is given credit for.

Is there anyone out there who thinks it is the trciks and not the pace that gets him past a defender. If Ronaldo ran straigh past a defender he wouldn't be consider the "best in the world" so he does the tricks to get in the limelight - does anyone agree with me.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 22:22
    Originally posted by John1916
    [b].... Ronaldo is to bigheaded and thinks he can beat hte best defenders in hte world with the sort of tricks I do in the school yard every day.
    LOL... if you lived in North London i would sign you up for my sunday league team๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. England
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 10:552 edits
    most defences in england are poor makes players like him look very good but entertaining to watch
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 12:121 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    most defences in england are poor makes players like him look very good but entertaining to watch
    are you sure... Liverpool, man u, arsenal and chelsea all have good defences, as do man city ,everton and portsmouth
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 12:36
    Originally posted by stoker
    And how does that relate to him scoring a goal a game in the Euro 2008 qualifiers and also a goal a game in the current Champions League?

The amount of shyte spouted by some people is unbelieveable. If you're going to make such statements, why not at least have the courtesy to see if you are in any way correct.

D
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 16:56
    Dp you honestly htink Ferguson doesn't tell him this before every big game. Ronaldo is to bigheaded and thinks he can beat hte best defenders in hte world with the sort of tricks I do in the school yard every day. To be honest he shouldn't be able to get past a proffesional defender with tricks - it should be his pace,not the tricks that is given credit for ...[text shortened]... st in the world" so he does the tricks to get in the limelight - does anyone agree with me.
    I was reading this, and thinking to myself "Boy, this guy knows nothing about football", and then I looked at your profile. And confirmed it.

D
  9. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 17:44
    Is there anyone out there who thinks it is the trciks and not the pace that gets him past a defender. If Ronaldo ran straigh past a defender he wouldn't be consider the "best in the world" so he does the tricks to get in the limelight - does anyone agree with me.
    It's definitely his pace that makes him a threat, there are other players that are just as tricky as Ronaldo with the ball at their feet. Yes, he does make a show of it, but why not? It makes him more entertaining to watch.
    If I could see any player in the world at Chelsea, Ronaldo would be amongst my first choices.
  10. LA
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by Granticus
    It's definitely his pace that makes him a threat, there are other players that are just as tricky as Ronaldo with the ball at their feet. Yes, he does make a show of it, but why not? It makes him more entertaining to watch.
    If I could see any player in the world at Chelsea, Ronaldo would be amongst my first choices.
    Lets just talk about goals for a minute.
    For Manchester United this season he's scored something like 24 goals in 25 games.
    OMG, he's a player that plays on the right wing and sometimes the left.

There isn't a player in the world right now, not a single striker that can match that.
    I think he's scored 5 goals this season in the CL.
    For Portugal his goal ratio is about a goal every other game.
    So he can score against all kinds of defenses.

There has never been a player that has produced anything near this level of performance, ever.

It's not luck either, he did the same last season.

Every team in the world would love to sign him.
    Real Madrid have him as their top target and have a 5 year plan to get him because they know right now, Manchester United would never sell.

He is also probably the fastest player in the Premiership when running with the ball.
    The most skillfull player in the Premiership.
    He has added end product to hs team play and now consistently sets up loads of goals.

There is one thing that lets him down for Manchester United, but he is getting better.
    He does not produce his best game against the top teams in Europe and the Premiership.
    It doesn't mean he's terrible, he just has not consistently produced his awesome talents against the best.

He will be well aware of this and lets not forget, he's 22.
    His manager Sir Alex Ferguson is well aware of this.
    He is continually improving to levels that have never been seen in world football before.
    Lets see how he plays this year in the CL and for Portugal.

I'm confident over the next 2 years he will adapt his game against the top sides and Manchester United will have a player, the type of which has never been seen before.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 11:13
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [b]Lets just talk about goals for a minute.
    For Manchester United this season he's scored something like 24 goals in 25 games.
    OMG, he's a player that plays on the right wing and sometimes the left.

There isn't a player in the world right now, not a single striker that can match that.
    some very good points... however i think having team mates like Rooney and Tevez up front helps.

United are not a one man team, the opposition is pre-occupied with marking Giggs, Roony and Tevez and this allows Renaldo more chances to do the thinks he does.

Dont get me wrong, i am in no way undermineing him, all I am saying is football is a team game, having world class team mates around you helps a great deal.

Teams are build around a system of play, ferguson has created a way he wants his teams to play and has then brought in players to make the system work.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 11:16
    Originally posted by spurs73
    some very good points... however i think having team mates like Rooney and Tevez up front helps.

United are not a one man team, the opposition is pre-occupied with marking Giggs, Roony and Tevez and this allows Renaldo more chances to do the thinks he does.

Dont get me wrong, i am in no way undermineing him, all I am saying is football is a team game, ...[text shortened]... reated a way he wants his teams to play and has then brought in players to make the system work.
    Of course you're right. But I don't think ROAB would disagree. If somebody talks about how great Pele was, I don't think they are in any way saying that the Brazil of the day were a one man team.

D
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 11:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Of course you're right. But I don't think ROAB would disagree. If somebody talks about how great Pele was, I don't think they are in any way saying that the Brazil of the day were a one man team.

D
    ..i prefer Diego Armando Maradona as the best ever๐Ÿ˜
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 11:45
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ..i prefer Diego Armando Maradona as the best ever๐Ÿ˜
    Probably the first time I'd disagree with you S73...
    Georgie Best for me!
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 11:46
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

Jack Lester????

๐Ÿ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree