1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 14:18
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    3(c) after the "screw you"?

Laughable, go back and read the TOS. Then go look up the word harass.
    I think he was quote you calling him a 'thorn'.

P-
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 15:49
    Originally posted by Coconut
    What luck kept them in it? The luck of holding after a crap interference call in the end zone? The luck of a heads up play by Terrence Newman tipping the ball to his own teammate? Oh ... those things aren't luck.

Perhaps you could say it's lucky that the Seattle player stepped on the line to make the fumble a safety rather than a touchdown, however, seat ...[text shortened]... ike I said, even a FG at that point gives Seattle lots of time to get a few yards into range.
    I'm saying that while Newman made an outstanding play, it was very lucky that his toe didn't happen to come down just 1/2 inch more toward the sidelines. There is skill involved in a kick return no doubt, but there is also a lot of luck. Dallas got a good "bounce" there. Other than that your offense did nothing in the second half while Seattle's scored 13 points (would have 14 had we not been going for 2). The most skill your guys mustered was Jones' long dash to get into FG range.

I'm not saying that Seattle's bounces were all skill either, but we did outplay you guys in a tough, wild, sloppy game.
  3. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 16:401 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think he was quote you calling him a 'thorn'.

P-
    edited: What a dope I can be. I get it now Plab..
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 18:08
    I was up till almost 4am being sad
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 18:18
    I was up till almost 4am being sad
    I feel for you really. If we hadn't had that break on the FG and then we lost the game, I'd have been really bummed too.

Congratulations to your team though on a hard fight. It's not easy going into Qwest any time but it's especially tough during the playoffs. Maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs next year.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:11
    Once I got over the initial pain of that goal line snap fumble hurting so much, not that it was the only thing in the game that kept the Cowboys from winning. I am not sure, but had that been a faked field goal by design (Danny White under Tom Landry did it often) it might have been a very smart play. I mean, if you think about it, if Martin Gramatica had been able to slow the tackle down by just a second longer somehow some way, then it's a touchdown or at least a first down. On the other hand Romo would have still had to hold on to the football. Also if a receiver had been somewhere in the play Romo could have dumped the ball in for a touchdown as well. To be honest I didn't feel very comfortable with just a field goal with the way the Dallas defense hasn't been unable to stop so many drives this year. If the play had succeeded everyone would have been calling Romo a hero. Either way, there would have been no guarantee Of a Dallas win. A couple of plays for Seattle and a long Seattle field goal and it would have been just like last year anyway. There was enough time on the clock for that. So it was just a good game. Well done Seattle, pick your head up Dallas and get ready for next season.
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:36
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Once I got over the initial pain of that goal line snap fumble hurting so much, not that it was the only thing in the game that kept the Cowboys from winning. I am not sure, but had that been a faked field goal by design (Danny White under Tom Landry did it often) it might have been a very smart play. I mean, if you think about it, if Martin Gramatica ...[text shortened]... just a good game. Well done Seattle, pick your head up Dallas and get ready for next season.
    yeah and maybe Gramattica should have been running behind Romo to catch a lateral. Or maybe on the final play, Owens should have laid on the ground where the ball was batted.

If you're going to go for it on 4th like that, which I would not have been opposed to. I felt, like you, their chances of making half a yard are better than holding their offense out of range. But if you're doing that, you don't fake it from 7 yards back, you pound it through.
  8. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:48
    yeah and maybe Gramattica should have been running behind Romo to catch a lateral. Or maybe on the final play, Owens should have laid on the ground where the ball was batted.

If you're going to go for it on 4th like that, which I would not have been opposed to. I felt, like you, their chances of making half a yard are better than holding their offense out ...[text shortened]... f range. But if you're doing that, you don't fake it from 7 yards back, you pound it through.
    Should we call a waaambulance?

Get over it! The Cowboys weren't that good this year. If they were in the AFC they wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Romo has proven himself to be incredibly average and Terrell Owens' true colors came through bright and clear.

Sure the Seahawks got lucky, that's the way the oblong ball bounces.

At least you still have the Mavs.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 20:54
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Once I got over the initial pain of that goal line snap fumble hurting so much, not that it was the only thing in the game that kept the Cowboys from winning. I am not sure, but had that been a faked field goal by design (Danny White under Tom Landry did it often) it might have been a very smart play. I mean, if you think about it, if Martin Gramatica ...[text shortened]... just a good game. Well done Seattle, pick your head up Dallas and get ready for next season.
    When Romo took off, I really thought he was gonna get at least the first down. Just a clutch shoestring tackle by Jordan Babineaux.
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 19:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    And I'm a RAMS fan!!
    Ahem
  12. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 04:27
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Ahem
    Blasphemy! Oh you'll smoke a turd in Hell for that one pal.

As the Prophet Moe once said to the Prophet Curley "A wise guy huh? How would you like a fresh one!?"

😉
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 04:44
    Originally posted by telerion
    I feel for you really. If we hadn't had that break on the FG and then we lost the game, I'd have been really bummed too.

Congratulations to your team though on a hard fight. It's not easy going into Qwest any time but it's especially tough during the playoffs. Maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs next year.
    seahawks wont be there
  14. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    seahawks wont be there
    Dallas certainly won't...
  15. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:41
    Ask any Eagles fan in Philly which was better: the Eagles win over the Giants or Romo's "Bobble". The honest ones will have to think a long time...

Me. I'm just going to say it was a fantastic weekend of football for Eagles fans and leave it at that 🙂.

One final thought...if Dallas still had Vanderjagt kicking instead of all 78 lbs soaking wet of Martin Grammatica, he might have at least gotten in Babineaux's way long enough for Romo to pick up the first down.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree