1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 17:32
    Originally posted by rhb
    On the contrary, back to back points in the last 2 games suggests we've turned the corner.

There's always one candidate each season for "the great escape" and this season it is to be the MIGHTY Rams. Mark my words.
    I'm all for a thick slice of optimism... but in all honesty I can't see Derby surviving...
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:49
    Originally posted by blade68
    Well over 6 months since I donned my Nostradamus hat...

Derby have changed managers since and are still doomed!
    I predict that the sky will be blue tomorrow.

; D
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 20:51
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I predict that the sky will be blue tomorrow.

; D
    Ha! That reminds me, Coventry (the Sky Blues) have beaten more Premiership teams than Derby have this season.

They've also beaten more Championship teams (Derby have drawn 3 cup games at this level over 90 minutes, and lost a 4th).

Derby even lost a pre-season game against Mansfield (League 2), whilst Cov beat their last League 1 opposition (Carlisle).

I hate living in the West Midlands. 😞
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 11:17
    Originally posted by rhb

There's always one candidate each season for "the great escape" and this season it is to be the MIGHTY Rams. Mark my words.[/b]
    rhb... your words have been marked... and we're still waiting?

After this Saturday when the despisable Roy Keane 'oil only soyn him if he's oirish' entourage hits town and wins... you're doomed pal!
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:03

After this Saturday when the despisable Roy Keane 'oil only soyn him if he's oirish' entourage hits town and wins... you're doomed pal!
    Thread 88060
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:13
    ... and Jewell's words will save your season?

Is that what you're trying to say?
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:32
    ... and Jewell's words will save your season?

Is that what you're trying to say?
    Nope, I'm saying we're fooked.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 14:33
    Originally posted by rhb
    Nope, I'm saying we're fooked.
    😉
  10. Standard memberVepsen
    Wasp the
    By the seaside
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 00:00

He (we'll) win at Derby alright, despite 10 straight away losses!

But why despisable? He's not a player anymore, but an upwardly mobile, very intelligent, bringer of very high standards (re the Liam Miller turning up late incidents), manager of our club, namely SAFC ...

Europe for us in two seasons from now. I dare anyone to disagree!!
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 00:14
    Originally posted by Vepsen
    He (we'll) win at Derby alright, despite 10 straight away losses!

But why despisable? He's not a player anymore, but an upwardly mobile, very intelligent, bringer of very high standards (re the Liam Miller turning up late incidents), manager of our club, namely SAFC ...

Europe for us in two seasons from now. I dare anyone to disagree!!
    Despisable because he thinks he's better than he actually is (as both a player and now a Manager)... it appears to me that just because he played in sides managed by 2 of the greatest British Managers of all time (Clough and Ferguson), he now has some divine right to put himself on that pedestal too.
    ... or maybe I just dislike the bloke... then again, apparently he doesn't speak very highly of me either! 😉

Oh, and by the way - I dare to disagree with your European claim!
  12. Santiago
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Santiago
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:41
    As a player he was pretty reprehensible. He walked out on his country when it mattered. In a very sensitive FA semi final, after a fan had died and the two managers came on the pitch to call for calm, he disgustingly stamped on Southgates chest for no reason.

He was right what he said about the prawn sandwich brigade, though. He should have proved himself among the world´s best in that WC, though. I reckon he bottled it. Can only be considered a great club player, not a great player full stop. A shame, Players like Duncan Edwards, George Best and Eric Cantana never got the opportunity.
  14. Standard memberVepsen
    Wasp the
    By the seaside
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 23:26
    Well - we rolled into town but didn't win, as confidently predicted - thanks yet again to officialdom ... we should be comfortably in mid-table now!

Anyways, fair comments in the above two posts, but Roy Keane is definately a different species now as a manager. His wit and intelligence are there for all to see and he surley adds something to the the Premiership, especially his interviews. Some PL managers send you to sleep as soon as they start speaking ...

Or am I just biased?
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 13:04
    Originally posted by Vepsen
    Well - we rolled into town but didn't win, as confidently predicted - thanks yet again to officialdom ... we should be comfortably in mid-table now!

Anyways, fair comments in the above two posts, but Roy Keane is definately a different species now as a manager. His wit and intelligence are there for all to see and he surley adds something to the the Premie ...[text shortened]... Some PL managers send you to sleep as soon as they start speaking ...

Or am I just biased?
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You couldn't beat us!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree