1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Jun '09 09:49
    Ryan Raburn hit a walk off home run against the Cubs last night to extend the Tigers' winning streak to five. They've got a four game lead in the AL Central. Maybe they'll atone for their hugely disappointing season from last year and make it to the playoffs.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 21:31
    After sweeping the Cubs the Tigers have won seven straight. They've got a 5 game lead over the second place Twins. Playoffs, here we come!
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 23:05
    Uh...with two out in the 9th, Brandon Inge hits a two run homer to put the Tigers up by a run. Rodney converts the save.

It was a dramatic come-from-behind victory. Yep, sure was.

Dramatic alright, did I mention that?

Tigers win.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 03:24
    Enjoy..before the mighty Twinkies run you down,

How was 1987 for you?
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 17:02
    Pay attention to the Twins right now. This is when they strike mid to late in the season. Over the past few years they are the best 2nd half team in baseball. Detroit can't hold them off. The reason I think they struggle early and come on late is because they are a team that needs to determine it's identity. Every year we have so many new players and young guys that need to figure it out found out what their roles are. Once they do we excel. It's also tough to play the first month of the season without Joe Mauer
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 05:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    After sweeping the Cubs the Tigers have won seven straight. They've got a 5 game lead over the second place Twins. Playoffs, here we come!
    way to early to be thinking about playoffs(unless your talking Yankees,ofcourse)
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jul '09 00:31
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Pay attention to the Twins right now. This is when they strike mid to late in the season. Over the past few years they are the best 2nd half team in baseball. Detroit can't hold them off. The reason I think they struggle early and come on late is because they are a team that needs to determine it's identity. Every year we have so many new players and yo ...[text shortened]... e they do we excel. It's also tough to play the first month of the season without Joe Mauer
    Twins? Bah! They are an embarrassment to all of baseball. Still playing on turf, are they? How passé. Nobody plays on turf anymore. Your Twins are going to be eviscerated by the Tigers. Eviscerated, I tell you! We've got a three game series coming up. In your "park." I say the Tigers take two out of three. And just to show our chivalrous side, we'll start Lucas French in game one. That's right, Lucas French, making his first major league start. If you still can't win then your franchise should move back to Washington...oh, wait, someone else beaten you there. Beware, badmoon, you're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 15:35
    Twins? Bah! They are an embarrassment to all of baseball. Still playing on turf, are they? How passé. Nobody plays on turf anymore. Your Twins are going to be eviscerated by the Tigers. Eviscerated, I tell you! We've got a three game series coming up. In your "park." I say the Tigers take two out of three. And just to show our chivalrous side, we'll start ...[text shortened]... h, wait, someone else beaten you there. Beware, badmoon, you're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    This is your last year to cry about our "park" and all that comes with it. Next year we're outside.

The Dome stinks, it really does. A real crime to name it after the great HHH. But what a home field advantage.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 17:38
    This is your last year to cry about our "park" and all that comes with it. Next year we're outside.

The Dome stinks, it really does. A real crime to name it after the great HHH. But what a home field advantage.
    Tonight: French vs. Slowey.

Rats, I've got Slowey on my fantasy team. Maybe he'll get a no decision.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 17:57
    Tonight: French vs. Slowey.

Rats, I've got Slowey on my fantasy team. Maybe he'll get a no decision.
    So you've finally discovered fantasy baseball then, eh? It's about time. Now you just need to get no1marauder on the bandwagon...
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 18:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So you've finally discovered fantasy baseball then, eh? It's about time. Now you just need to get no1marauder on the bandwagon...
    Yeah, I play now. I resisted it for the longest time, but it is entertaining.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 18:51
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not gonna happen.

BTW, the Tigers stink.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 09:39

Well, last night's game didn't go exactly as planned, but a win is a win. 16 innings. 11 to 9. I'm thinking sweep!
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 18:10
    Well, last night's game didn't go exactly as planned, but a win is a win. 16 innings. 11 to 9. I'm thinking sweep!
    Don't make me hate your team. I use up a lot of hate for the Chi Sox and don't want to compromise that.
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 02:45
    Now don't go silent since youi lost 2 out of 3.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree