1. Joined
    23 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 19:20
    Overrated? You bet! The Trojans had to extricated by their helmets after Stanford stomped 'em into the hard ground. Who know? Maybe wossyjans will be invited to the East tree stump bowl on February 30th. The faithful will surely tune in.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 20:52
    Originally posted by WoodXPusher
    Overrated? You bet! The Trojans had to extricated by their helmets after Stanford stomped 'em into the hard ground. Who know? Maybe wossyjans will be invited to the East tree stump bowl on February 30th. The faithful will surely tune in.
    I agree entriely. Only their mamas believed they were any good this year. I said so from the very offset and was scoffed at by my South Cal friends who predicted NCG all the way. Maybe next year unless the ducks and cardinal have other ideas!
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 06:30
    And they are still overrated. They do not belong in the Top 20 by a long shot.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 06:32
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I agree entriely. Only their mamas believed they were any good this year. I said so from the very offset and was scoffed at by my South Cal friends who predicted NCG all the way. Maybe next year unless the ducks and cardinal have other ideas!
    The Ducks will have different ideas. They will only lose 3 seniors this year - the vast majority of their team will be back, with a senior QB. That's how PAC-10 championships are won.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 12:40
    Originally posted by Badwater
    The Ducks will have different ideas. They will only lose 3 seniors this year - the vast majority of their team will be back, with a senior QB. That's how PAC-10 championships are won.
    That's scary. The Ducks are pretty darn scary as it is now. Masoli is a really good QB in that system indeed. Sky's the limit if they have decent subs for the leaving seniors. If they could get rid of that thug RB, whatever his name is, since they did just fine without him they should be great!
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 21:56
    The Boise game may have been the best thing that happened to Oregon, because we found out our best running back was actually this guy called LaMichael James. Dude will be a Heisman finalist if he stays healthy next year.

And while Blount may be a "thug", as you say, there are plenty of thugs on a lot of teams and they can't hide from YouTube. I do think Blount's punishment was approriate and that can't be said about an awful lot of actions and reactions when it comes to dealing with bad behavior from football players in top programs.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 22:47
    The Boise game may have been the best thing that happened to Oregon, because we found out our best running back was actually this guy called LaMichael James. Dude will be a Heisman finalist if he stays healthy next year.

And while Blount may be a "thug", as you say, there are plenty of thugs on a lot of teams and they can't hide from YouTube. I do think ...[text shortened]... reactions when it comes to dealing with bad behavior from football players in top programs.
    Lane Kiffin made a bold move by sacking those three thugs, but indeed collge sports abound with horrible off the field behavior. I admire the Duck's coach for taking a strong stand and sitting Blount even though at the time it looked like the season would go down the tubes. Kiffin does not have that dilemma! Blount is indeed not as good as LaMichael James. I also feel Masoli, although he is not likely NFL material, is a great college QB. He reminds me of the greatness of Vince Young at Texas!
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 04:02
    Lane Kiffin made a bold move by sacking those three thugs, but indeed collge sports abound with horrible off the field behavior. I admire the Duck's coach for taking a strong stand and sitting Blount even though at the time it looked like the season would go down the tubes. Kiffin does not have that dilemma! Blount is indeed not as good as LaMichael Jam ...[text shortened]... ly NFL material, is a great college QB. He reminds me of the greatness of Vince Young at Texas!
    Yeah, if only because I don't think one can be a 5' 11" QB in today's NFL. I don't care how fast you might be or how accurate your throws are, you gotta be taller than that.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 12:36
    Yeah, if only because I don't think one can be a 5' 11" QB in today's NFL. I don't care how fast you might be or how accurate your throws are, you gotta be taller than that.
    He may prove us all wrong. Masoli seems like he makes up for stature with guts, spunk and a big, big heart! I would pick him, since he might slide to the latter rounds, and use him a la Kordell Stewart for a while and keep on seeing how he may do. I think he's much better than the Boston College dude and he made it in the NFL at 5'10".
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:27
    Lane Kiffin made a bold move by sacking those three thugs, but indeed collge sports abound with horrible off the field behavior. I admire the Duck's coach for taking a strong stand and sitting Blount even though at the time it looked like the season would go down the tubes. Kiffin does not have that dilemma! Blount is indeed not as good as LaMichael Jam ...[text shortened]... ly NFL material, is a great college QB. He reminds me of the greatness of Vince Young at Texas!
    How is it a bold move to suspend kids who are going to be indicted for committed armed robbery? It is a bold move to suspend someone for a minor infraction. These kills are going to be locked up, not play football. There will be questions about priors and other incidents they did. There will be people asking what they knew about these kids. It probably isn't even his decision. The university itself would mandate it.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:52
    He may prove us all wrong. Masoli seems like he makes up for stature with guts, spunk and a big, big heart! I would pick him, since he might slide to the latter rounds, and use him a la Kordell Stewart for a while and keep on seeing how he may do. I think he's much better than the Boston College dude and he made it in the NFL at 5'10".
    Flutie also played in the CFL. That would probably be a better fit for Masoli to go pro than the NFL.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 00:22
    Originally posted by quackquack
    How is it a bold move to suspend kids who are going to be indicted for committed armed robbery? It is a bold move to suspend someone for a minor infraction. These kills are going to be locked up, not play football. There will be questions about priors and other incidents they did. There will be people asking what they knew about these kids. It probably isn't even his decision. The university itself would mandate it.
    That's why I qualified it as less bold by virtue of the already losing season. Indeed these bahviors must not have emerged out of the blue!
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 00:22
    Flutie also played in the CFL. That would probably be a better fit for Masoli to go pro than the NFL.
    Flutie played credibly in the NFL. Surrounding cast was not that great or he would have fared better!
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 07:39
    Flutie played credibly in the NFL. Surrounding cast was not that great or he would have fared better!
    The Pac-10 does not compare to the SEC, obviously
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 12:56
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    The Pac-10 does not compare to the SEC, obviously
    Except for USC in a good year. No doubt the SEC is the best league in college. Mosnter D is the name of the game in the SEC! I am sure any coach playing any SEC team not in that league must have nightmares after watching film, let alone the SEC coaches themselves. That said, however, I am sure they would all have nightmares prepping for TCU!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree