1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 23:20
    With Peyton's health in question, I don't see how you can rate Peyton ahead of Eli right now.

Brady obviously has had a better career, but right now I think Eli moves ahead of Brady based on 3 head to head wins against him on last minute drives. Again, this is not for careers, but for right now, at this moment.

So are Brees, Rodgers and Eli now the 3 best QBs in the league?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    With Peyton's health in question, I don't see how you can rate Peyton ahead of Eli right now.

Brady obviously has had a better career, but right now I think Eli moves ahead of Brady based on 3 head to head wins against him on last minute drives. Again, this is not for careers, but for right now, at this moment.

So are Brees, Rodgers and Eli now the 3 best QBs in the league?
    No, Rodgers doesn't deserve that ranking. He just has too many weapons and wouldn't even deserve to be in the NFL without putting up good numbers... look at how the second string QB stats compare. You could put Tarvarus Jackson behind the center in GB and still have a top 5 offense.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 00:103 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No, Rodgers doesn't deserve that ranking. He just has too many weapons and wouldn't even deserve to be in the NFL without putting up good numbers... look at how the second string QB stats compare. You could put Tarvarus Jackson behind the center in GB and still have a top 5 offense.
    Come on. Really?

Yes, Rodgers lost in the playoffs this year, but last year he brought his team from nowhere to a title and this year he led the 32nd ranked defense to a 15-1 record. You want to say Brees is better than him? Okay. Maybe. But you're being a little over the top about it.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 20:15
    Originally posted by sh76
    Come on. Really?

Yes, Rodgers lost in the playoffs this year, but last year he brought his team from nowhere to a title and this year he led the 32nd ranked defense to a 15-1 record. You want to say Brees is better than him? Okay. Maybe. But you're being a little over the top about it.
    No, I've watched film from when he had horrible stats and film of him from last year and this year.... he doesn't do much different.

GB won handily last year because nobody that made the playoffs looked at them as a threat.... they were a good team, yeah, but only because they got healthy at the right time.

All that I'm saying is put him on a team that doesn't have the best O-line and a top 5 recieving core and see what happens.
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 12:03
    This argument again? I guess you think Steve Young and Joe Montana were overrated.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:37
    Originally posted by dryhump
    This argument again? I guess you think Steve Young and Joe Montana were overrated.
    Dan Pastorini deserves HOF consideration considering the beatings he took from NO OFFENSIVE line and NO help for years. He is still on record for the longest pass in the air in the NFL. I believe the toss was a tad more than 80 yards.

*I was just kidding about the HOF consideration, but trying to make a point*
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:40
    I'm not saying the guy isn't good my argument is that he isn't a top 3 QB.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:44
    Come on now so I guess you think Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young and Joe Montana skill incarnate? Steve Young has the third best passer rating in NFL history!! If you think Aaron Rodgers will achieve anything close to that then in your eyes he must be a top 3 QB.... Eli gets criticized after being the youngest QB to win a SB and Aaron Rodgers gets to just be a top 3 QB after sucking for half of his career?
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 02:491 edit
    Come on now so I guess you think Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young and Joe Montana skill incarnate? Steve Young has the third best passer rating in NFL history!! If you think Aaron Rodgers will achieve anything close to that then in your eyes he must be a top 3 QB.... Eli gets criticized after being the youngest QB to win a SB and Aaron Rodgers gets to just be a top 3 QB after sucking for half of his career?
    I think Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young is an excellent comparison, yes.

If I had to compare Monatana to a contemporary QB, it would be Brady.

Peyton is kind of like Marino.

As for Eli... maybe Elway.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 00:43
    Eli got to play against the New England defense while Brady had to play against Big Blue's. And the former still only could produce one legit TD.

Eli is still not in the same category as Brady. I'd still rate Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Big Ben definitely ahead of him (and Payton too). Stafford, Schaub and Newton are close to Eli already IMO.
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 12:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Eli got to play against the New England defense while Brady had to play against Big Blue's. And the former still only could produce one legit TD.

Eli is still not in the same category as Brady. I'd still rate Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Big Ben definitely ahead of him (and Payton too). Stafford, Schaub and Newton are close to Eli already IMO.
    I wouldn't put those guys in Eli's league yet, they haven't won anything.
  12. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 12:09
    Are you going to tell me that Steve Young and Joe Montana weren't surrounded by the best teams in the league?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 12:27
    I wouldn't put those guys in Eli's league yet, they haven't won anything.
    sh76: Again, this is not for careers, but for right now, at this moment.

I was going by that criteria when I judged those three QBs "close" to Eli. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Dan Marino didn't; was Dilfer a better QB?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 12:29
    Put Tavaris Jackson under center and you automatically degrade any offense to Ram level.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 12:33
    No, I've watched film from when he had horrible stats and film of him from last year and this year.... he doesn't do much different.

GB won handily last year because nobody that made the playoffs looked at them as a threat.... they were a good team, yeah, but only because they got healthy at the right time.

All that I'm saying is put him on a team that doesn't have the best O-line and a top 5 recieving core and see what happens.
    What year did Aaron Rodgers have "horrible stats"?http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree