England .v . USA ...fixed result

England .v . USA ...fixed result

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
12 Jun 10

Early goal !! draw !!! Goal keeping error ?

Moves
12 Jun 10

shut up

p

Moves
12 Jun 10

Originally posted by trev33
shut up
😉

s

Moves
12 Jun 10

Originally posted by phil3000
Early goal !! draw !!! Goal keeping error ?
England could not handle the pace of the American strikers, Carragher especially. They are infact a team of individuals, highly overrated. America i thought were quite resolute, played to their stregnths, although i would like to have seen Donovan being a little more assertive in midfield. Great game, both teams had chances, end to end stuff. Yup, had the Altidore chance gone in it would have been awesome. What you must realise is that England are forever a victim of themselves, they are quite an average team who think that they are brilliant, which is simply not true. There is immense media pressure here in the U.K for them to do well, because the press is very fickle. After the match Gerrard stated that he felt that England should have got more, which is nonsense, they created chances but were lucky they were not sent away with the tail between their legs. As for goal keepers, well, their manager has created the uncertainty, which has only been exacerbated by what happened today. I expect they shall change keeper and go for David James, hes more experienced, has greater physical presence and has improved from what he used to be like. America played well, closed down Rooney and tactically they forced concessions from England through sustained pressure in certain areas, notable the right wing in the first half and the left in the second. If i was American i would feel a little aggrieved although they were under some pressure. America will get more confident, the first ones always a bit jittery, well done America! i shall be changing my flag in respect, would like to see Marcus Beasley get a game, i think he would add something to the American attack, holding the ball and making runs - regards anonymous fan (Scot).

p

Moves
12 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
England could not handle the pace of the American strikers, Carragher especially. They are infact a team of individuals, highly overrated. America i thought were quite resolute, played to their stregnths, although i would like to have seen Donovan being a little more assertive in midfield. Great game, both teams had chances, end to end stuff. Yup, had t ...[text shortened]... mething to the American attack, holding the ball and making runs - regards anonymous fan (Scot).
Well , i must admit , and i find it hard !!
You are correct in your match report ...

s

Moves
13 Jun 10

Originally posted by phil3000
Well , i must admit , and i find it hard !!
You are correct in your match report ...
For whatever it's worth it is what it is. After all, expectations were highest for England. USA had no pressure whatsoever other than not getting drilled. Fewer indivudual talents, but more cohesive as a team. I do mean what I said about dissension within the English camp. You could tell they played at odds with one another and never really gelled. They might if they have a heart to heart with one another. England has the talent to be a world power, yet squanders it on individualities. Crouch should not be on national team and neither should Green. He will live in infamy if England needs those two points to advance. Also a zero goal differential may loom large in the end.

Moves
13 Jun 10

You are right about our lack of pace at the back - it's a concern.

*that and Crouch doing the robot thing if he scores....

s

Moves
13 Jun 10

Originally posted by divegeester
You are right about our lack of pace at the back - it's a concern.

*that and Crouch doing the robot thing if he scores....
England may right the ship yet. I doubt it. Calamity James is supposed to be a better keeper. Why did genius Capello not play James? I bet he regrets it now.
Watching the Slovenia-Algeria match I feel better about England's chances of advancing. Those are two sorry teams indeed. USA and England should advance.
BTW, nothing wrong with responding to me directly. You know I don't bite and that I consider you a friend. Sorry if I got a little crossways with you Englanders yesterday. Today's a new day and game in the past.

Moves
13 Jun 10

England may right the ship yet. I doubt it. Calamity James is supposed to be a better keeper. Why did genius Capello not play James? I bet he regrets it now.
Watching the Slovenia-Algeria match I feel better about England's chances of advancing. Those are two sorry teams indeed. USA and England should advance.
BTW, nothing wrong with responding to me ...[text shortened]... got a little crossways with you Englanders yesterday. Today's a new day and game in the past.
Less is more remember!

s

Moves
13 Jun 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Less is more remember!
What do you mean by that? Unable to forgive? That's OK. Whatever floats your boat!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
13 Jun 10

England could not handle the pace of the American strikers, Carragher especially. They are infact a team of individuals, highly overrated. America i thought were quite resolute, played to their stregnths, although i would like to have seen Donovan being a little more assertive in midfield. Great game, both teams had chances, end to end stuff. Yup, had t ...[text shortened]... mething to the American attack, holding the ball and making runs - regards anonymous fan (Scot).
very well said.

seriously, both sides need to watch out lest they slip up against slovenia

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
15 Jun 10

Very well said, especially the bit about England being an average international side. The idea that the Premiership is somehow indicative of the standard of English football is a joke, it's overwhelmingly imported from every other corner of the globe and while English talent does endure, it thrives at the feet of only a handful of real stars, Rooney, Terry and Gerrard, these having no guarantee of making the starting line up in the far superior Brazilian or German teams. We get carried away, the whole thing (English football) flatters to deceive and yet another World Cup wake-up-call will do nought bar scratch the paintwork adorning the laughable British pride.

I thought Capello was the man to sort it out, now I think he came for the money.

Note also that the Premiership has three or four teams with monstrous debts and a few others struggling enormously. It could be a matter of a season or two before the whole things goes splat.

And that will be that.

s

Moves
15 Jun 10

Originally posted by asromacalcio
Very well said, especially the bit about England being an average international side. The idea that the Premiership is somehow indicative of the standard of English football is a joke, it's overwhelmingly imported from every other corner of the globe and while English talent does endure, it thrives at the feet of only a handful of real stars, Rooney, Te ...[text shortened]... ld be a matter of a season or two before the whole things goes splat.

And that will be that.
Indeed England only average at best. If they advance it's one and out. England may advance simply because slovenia and algeria really suck worse. We'll see as the cup progresses who the real contenders are. Thus far the only power to look like one is Germany.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Jun 10

I watched and wished England hadn't failed to block that score... Tie game? What's that all about? Final Score One To One... So very lame.

z

Auckland

Moves
16 Jun 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I watched and wished England hadn't failed to block that score... Tie game? What's that all about? Final Score One To One... So very lame.
Phlab - they weren't such drama queens as our Kiwi guys, took it right down to last seconds to score the equalizer. Our audience have great demands for entertainment.