Euro 2012 qualifiers

Euro 2012 qualifiers

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by phil3000
Such a forward looking people you Scots !!!
you are always the same, you get through on being seeded, beat all the lowly teams convincingly, come up against teams of real quality and get humped and go away hame crying to yer maw!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you are always the same, you get through on being seeded, beat all the lowly teams convincingly, come up against teams of real quality and get humped and go away hame crying to yer maw!
Portugal, however, are seeded, beat a few lowly teams unconvincingly, start the tournament crying to our maw, beat a few quality teams, get our hopes high and then go crying home to maw again. 😀

p

Moves
14 Sep 10

One day Cinderrella, you will go, to the ball !!,

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Portugal, however, are seeded, beat a few lowly teams unconvincingly, start the tournament crying to our maw, beat a few quality teams, get our hopes high and then go crying home to maw again. 😀
Lol, ah yes, but at least you are a joy to watch, and the entire nation should all be given the freedom of Scotland for whupping the Angles and sending them hame to their maws! wasn't that last two previous Euro tournaments, although i could be mistaken, but thanks anyway 😀

rc

Moves
14 Sep 10

One day Cinderrella, you will go, to the ball !!,
oh no, one day you'll wake up and realise that you really are a pumpkin!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Sep 10

Lol, ah yes, but at least you are a joy to watch, and the entire nation should all be given the freedom of Scotland for whupping the Angles and sending them hame to their maws! wasn't that last two previous Euro tournaments, although i could be mistaken
LOL, yeah we won against England the last three times we met in main tournaments: 2000, 2004 and 2006.

To be fair, it was always VERY tight and the first two were amazing games of football.

p

Moves
14 Sep 10

oh no, one day you'll wake up and realise that you really are a pumpkin!
A seeded pumpkin !!

st johnstone

Moves
14 Sep 10

yes scotland was funny, but not as hilarious as englands superstars lol in the world cup now thats humour.

Moves
14 Sep 10

LOL, yeah we won against England the last three times we met in main tournaments: 2000, 2004 and 2006.

To be fair, it was always VERY tight and the first two were amazing games of football.
was it in euro 2000 when portugal won 3-2 after going 0-2 behind? i seem to recall a wonder goal from figo but that might have been another match.

d

Moves
15 Sep 10

Originally posted by trev33
was it in euro 2000 when portugal won 3-2 after going 0-2 behind? i seem to recall a wonder goal from figo but that might have been another match.
Yes, it was.

rc

Moves
15 Sep 10

peace to you to a thousand generations, may the sons of Portugal be as numerous as the desert sands and may your daughters blossom like the desert saffron!

rc

Moves
15 Sep 10

A seeded pumpkin !!
Lol, more like a smashed pumpkin!

Back to basics

About

Moves
05 Oct 10

So we're heading in to a Portugal-Denmark match again. This time I'm sure Portugal will want revenge, and the Danish team is performing so poorly that Portugal should have no problem getting it. The Danish captain, Christian Poulsen, already admits that the team would be more than happy with a draw.

😞

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Oct 10

Originally posted by Lundos
So we're heading in to a Portugal-Denmark match again. This time I'm sure Portugal will want revenge, and the Danish team is performing so poorly that Portugal should have no problem getting it. The Danish captain, Christian Poulsen, already admits that the team would be more than happy with a draw.

😞
Must win for Portugal, despite chaos having reigned in the Selecção of late. Queiroz is out and the air seems fresher, but Paulo Bento is a big unknown. Liedson and Veloso are out with injuries and there is this looming feeling that this could be another blank powder night for Portugal.

To be fair, why wouldn't Denmark be happy with an away draw at Portugal?

Back to basics

About

Moves
05 Oct 10
1 edit

Must win for Portugal, despite chaos having reigned in the Selecção of late. Queiroz is out and the air seems fresher, but Paulo Bento is a big unknown. Liedson and Veloso are out with injuries and there is this looming feeling that this could be another blank powder night for Portugal.

To be fair, why wouldn't Denmark be happy with an away draw at Portugal?
Morten Olsen, the Danish coach, complained about Portugal being a great unknown at the moment. MO doesn't know what Portuguese team will play nor the overall strategy. As it is a must win game for Portugal, as you say, and given the normal Portuguese style of attacking all the time, I expect, we'll see a whirlwind of attacks against the Danish goal. I hope you guys shot blanks again.

According to the Danish team, they always enter to field and try and win the games. Now the captain already accepts a draw against a decimated Portuguese side. Then again he is right. But I still expect them to say they want to win.

To be fair, I would be happy with a draw at home against Portugal. As long as Denmark beats Norway in both matches, I'm happy.