1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 09:451 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    And that's why England will never win a competition again: the FA has the same attitude as you.

Richard
    why dont you just sail you're fleet up the Thames and vanquish them for good? What we have are cultural differences, our English friends believe in fair play, they always have, its one of their greatest and most endearing characteristics while our European friends believe in realpolitik, in that the the end is justified by the means, regardless of what principles may be violated.
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 11:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why dont you just sail you're fleet up the Thames and vanquish them for good? What we have are cultural differences, our English friends believe in fair play, they always have, its one of their greatest and most endearing characteristics while our European friends believe in realpolitik, in that the the end is justified by the means, regardless of what principles may be violated.
    well said, think his nose is out of joint because any half good player wants to play in england not the second rate dutch league
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    well said, think his nose is out of joint because any half good player wants to play in england not the second rate dutch league
    Nope. Unlike the Sassenach, I know the difference between a great national league and a great national team. The English have the former but not the latter; in the Netherlands, it's the other way 'round. If you want both of them, you'll have to move to Spain (and so would I, were those my desires).
    As for the Scots team and league... *off-stage left, shaking head in sadness*

Richard
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 15:02
    Nope. Unlike the Sassenach, I know the difference between a great national league and a great national team. The English have the former but not the latter; in the Netherlands, it's the other way 'round. If you want both of them, you'll have to move to Spain (and so would I, were those my desires).

Richard
    a great national team whats holland ever won? at least our neighbours won the world cup, have the most exciting league in the world, as for spain its a 2 horse race like our scottish league. is there any topic you are not a expert in?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 15:39

Richard
    Lol, you have a point though, there is a marked difference. As for us Scots, we relive that Archie Gemmel goal within our minds daily and hope that out little nation shall surpass itself once again, there is always elephant polo and snooker, not to mention tennis and cycling, or football management 🙂
  6. In your face
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 17:22

Richard
    Interesting statistics: -

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_v_Netherlands.html
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Interesting statistics: -

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/england_v_Netherlands.html
    Keep reliving the past, my English friends, just keep reliving the past and maybe, one day, your dreams will magically make you great again.

(At least that guy got the name of the country right.)

Richard
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 13:28
    my English friends
    Who are you trying to fool, Dick? We all know you have no friends.
  9. In your face
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 18:441 edit
    Keep reliving the past, my English friends, just keep reliving the past and maybe, one day, your dreams will magically make you great again.

(At least that guy got the name of the country right.)

Richard
    I never said anything about England having a great national side. Just made a comparison between the two teams using factual evidence. If you can't judge a team by past results and performances, what can you judge them on? For you to say that Holland has a great national team and that England has not doesn't weigh up in any shape or form whatsoever. I'm not saying that England has a great national side, jsut that Holland seems to be even worse than us based on head to head results. They have certainly produced some great players but I honestly can't ever remember them being up there with the best as a team.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '11 14:35
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Holland
    At least the other guy got the name of the country right.

Hey, Robbie, did you know that jimslyp thinks you're an Englishman?

Richard
  11. In your face
    Moves
    17 Jun '11 14:57

Richard
    Logical fallacy, doesn't have a valid logical argument to previous statement so deflects off at a tangent. You'll have to try harder than that or do you concede? Holland Nederlands, whatever you want to call them, you know what I meant.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 14:34

Richard
    gulp! i reckon its all the hormones in the water down there, makes them confused!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 14:35
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Who are you trying to fool, Dick? We all know you have no friends.
    I'm his friend, although it must be said I'm not really English 🙂
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 17:23
    Originally posted by trev33
    robbie keane hits his 50th and 51st goals for ireland as they move to within 3 wins and a draw to a standard ryanair flight to poland/ukraine next year 🙂

plus england could miss out again the way they're playing... good times.
    Over the years I've supported the England football team through thick and thin (mostly thin). After the South Africa debacle where we were humiliated on the world football stage because the over-paid shag-nasty drama queens got their knickers in a knot over who was shagging who's tart; I'm afraid I won't be paying any attention to the little gits until they get to the quarters.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I'm his friend, although it must be said I'm not really English 🙂
    But then (or should that be therefore?), you also know the truth about the English football team and their chances.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree