1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 18:05
    Who doubted the master?

Why hand out a huge transfer fee and wages to a mercenary who has stated that he wants to return to his home country in 2 years (from the time the contract was due for renewel)?

"Every Sunday in Manchester I have the chance to watch the games that Boca play," Tevez told Argentinean media.

"I would like to return one day to help them get out of the difficult moment that they are in. It is not common that Boca lose so frequently in the derby match against River.

"I am a Boca fan and would like to be there but that can only be possible in a few years, not now.

"I would like to return to Boca in four or five years time when I am still fit to play. I wouldn't want to return to Boca being fat and without any chance of playing correctly.

"At the moment my life and my career are focused on Manchester United, but I always know everything that happens with Boca."
    Carlos Tevez, October 2007

D
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Dec '10 22:57
    I think you'll find he'll be with city far longer...' don't like united, ' never have, Ferguson just makes that task all the easier.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 02:50
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I think you'll find he'll be with city far longer...' don't like united, ' never have, Ferguson just makes that task all the easier.
    They do play some beautiful football though, them and Arsenal have to be my two English Premier league favourites.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They do play some beautiful football though, them and Arsenal have to be my two English Premier league favourites.
    Greetings...that club is a dirty word from my side of the fence..everything about them just grates but only if you're a city man would this make degrees of sense. Ferguson, well, I say no more... Don;t get me wrong, I 'understand' and appreciate good football, but that club just grates all the more if and when they hit good spells...in fact I refuse to accept such good spells as a norm, what more can I say πŸ˜‰
    Ohhh, I shall send the boys over if you disagree πŸ˜›
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 14:23
    Greetings...that club is a dirty word from my side of the fence..everything about them just grates but only if you're a city man would this make degrees of sense. Ferguson, well, I say no more... Don;t get me wrong, I 'understand' and appreciate good football, but that club just grates all the more if and when they hit good spells...in fact I refuse to a ...[text shortened]... pells as a norm, what more can I say πŸ˜‰
    Ohhh, I shall send the boys over if you disagree πŸ˜›
    rather interestingly i met a Man City fan near my home the other day, an excellent big dude, he told me there were only two teams in Manchester, Man City and Man city reserves, he also mentioned that Manchester United are not really from Manchester at all and cannot wear the city crest as a result. I felt his anguish, for he intimated that he had waited 34 years for a team as good as Man City are at present, so my friend, i understand your lack of enthusiasm πŸ™‚
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 16:241 edit
    rather interestingly i met a Man City fan near my home the other day, an excellent big dude, he told me there were only two teams in Manchester, Man City and Man city reserves, he also mentioned that Manchester United are not really from Manchester at all and cannot wear the city crest as a result. I felt his anguish, for he intimated that he had wa ...[text shortened]... a team as good as Man City are at present, so my friend, i understand your lack of enthusiasm πŸ™‚
    Quite right indeed, a man after my own heart lol..Old Trafford is a borough of Trafford and merely part of Greater Manchester...it's akin to calling a Salford club a Manchester club, not so..but that aside, Old Trafford's not far away from the City old ground and Eastlands just as. Old Trafford is full of 'foreigners' come saturday anyway, all professing to be their greatest fan..as a friend reminded me recently:
    An old fan hears a whimpering shout from another closeby, 'united, united' ...the old fan asks, 'is that Mancs or perhaps a Cheshire accent ?'...'nooooooooo' says the 'new guy,' it's a London accent and my mate here has come all the way from Paris to see united..the old guy quips back, 'well mind you're own business and p**s off back home then...you're taking seats my sons would spill blood to have !' πŸ˜›
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 17:59
    rather interestingly i met a Man City fan near my home the other day, an excellent big dude, he told me there were only two teams in Manchester, Man City and Man city reserves, he also mentioned that Manchester United are not really from Manchester at all and cannot wear the city crest as a result. I felt his anguish, for he intimated that he had wa ...[text shortened]... a team as good as Man City are at present, so my friend, i understand your lack of enthusiasm πŸ™‚
    Most of Man U's fans are not from manchester neither, nor do they have any connection with the city. Most have never even been to Old T and just watch them of TV.

Most United 'fans' who come on here fall under the same category😏
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 18:02
    Robbie- I guess you did not watch last nights game!!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:261 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Robbie- I guess you did not watch last nights game!!
    Games with such importance are always going to be edgy, I stand by my words, Arsenal, with Nasri and Arshaven, Walcott are just a joy to watch and United with Nani and Rooney, Fletcher are also simply excellent when they play fast flowing football, Tottenham are also up there, I think Rednapp is an amazing manager, in fact probably the best England have produced since Brian Clough.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 11:32
    Most of Man U's fans are not from manchester neither, nor do they have any connection with the city. Most have never even been to Old T and just watch them of TV.

wait... the 'man' in man utd stands for MANCHESTER???? who knew 😡
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 19:03
    Originally posted by trev33
    wait... the 'man' in man utd stands for MANCHESTER???? who knew 😡
    Not me. I thought it was 'manure' 😳
  12. In your face
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 22:173 edits

You will probably find that true of most of the larger premiership teams. How many Spurs fans actually come from Tottenham and how many travel in from the posh suburbs?

Here's some stats about Man Utd and Man City fan base distribution. Be interesting to see how London teams' fans compare: -

http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/12506/1/seasonticketreport%20-%20brown1.pdf

Hit me back with some of your own stats and let's play top trumps dude.

πŸ˜€

EDIT: To add to this, we all know that Manchester United were originally from Manchester; they used to be Newton Heath FC. They just happened to relocate to a new location just as other football teams have done. Man City, Wimbledon, Bolton, Arsenal, etc.

You could argue that the majority of top flight teams' players don't come from the country their club is in, let alone the city they play for. The whole thing is one cosmopolitan melting pot. Geographical location doesn't even come into it any more.
    Chelsea is owned by a Russian, Man Utd by yanks and City by arabs. It's fast becoming a play ground for international billionaires.

Sooo i don't think the small matter of a postcode lottery has much significance. Do you?
  13. In your face
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 22:18
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Not me. I thought it was 'manure' 😳
    Sorry but that's a smelling mistake.
  14. In your face
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 00:30
    Quite right indeed, a man after my own heart lol..Old Trafford is a borough of Trafford and merely part of Greater Manchester...it's akin to calling a Salford club a Manchester club, not so..but that aside, Old Trafford's not far away from the City old ground and Eastlands just as. Old Trafford is full of 'foreigners' come saturday anyway, all professing ...[text shortened]... ff back home then...you're taking seats my sons would spill blood to have !' πŸ˜›
    Quote from RevRSleeker from another thread: -

'technically I'm a Cheshire lad but Old Trafford's county ground just mere few miles up the road from where I was born'

Cripes this is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 15:42
    Old Trafford is a borough of Trafford and merely part of Greater Manchester...it's akin to calling a Salford club a Manchester club, not so.. Old Trafford is full of 'foreigners' come saturday anyway, all professing to be their greatest fan..
    So what if it's part of greater Manchester, their still within the City of Manchester as any map would show you. Half the world wouldn't know where Manchester was if it wasn't for the fact that Manchester United puts Manchester on the map, up to now City have just been a tiny club with no history who spent 34 years not been good enough to win anything

Worldwide Manchester is only really famous for ONE thing, and that's the fact that it's home to arguably the most famous club in the world (it's either Manu or Real)

Yes United have more fans outside Manchester, have you not noticed that football has become a global game? Of course this is going to happen when Manchester United play a standard of football that's way above most of the world and a lot more enjoyable to watch. Football is entertainment and watching a club dominate English football over the last two decades it a lot more entertaining then film, tv, books or computer games combined. I've been to Old trafford many times including when my team were not playing well, is their suppossed to be some sort of imaginary rule were foreigners are not allowed watch English football?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree