1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 22:37
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    So what if it's part of greater Manchester, their still within the City of Manchester as any map would show you. Half the world wouldn't know where Manchester was if it wasn't for the fact that Manchester United puts Manchester on the map, up to now City have just been a tiny club with no history who spent 34 years not been good enough to win anything

Wor ...[text shortened]... o be some sort of imaginary rule were foreigners are not allowed watch English football?
    what's English about Man Untd? they are owned by Americans, their manager is Scottish, the vast majority of their players are not English? what indeed is English about Manchester United other than the name?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '11 22:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what's English about Man Untd? they are owned by Americans, their manager is Scottish, the vast majority of their players are not English? what indeed is English about Manchester United other than the name?
    Same thing that's Mancunian about it.

No, I don't know what that is, either.

Richard
  3. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 00:30
    Same could be said about any English premiership team or many other teams in European leagues. Money has a massive hold in the game and turned it into something that it wasn't.

'nuff said.

PS what tean does thee 'support'?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 00:45
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Same could be said about any English premiership team or many other teams in European leagues. Money has a massive hold in the game and turned it into something that it wasn't.

'nuff said.

PS what tean does thee 'support'?
    I used to be a Celtic fan, than was way back when we were allowed to sing sectarian songs, you know The soldiers song, roamin in the gloamin etc my last ever game was a New years day old firm match at Parkhead. There was so much hatred back then that it was frightening, i vowed never to go back again after that. Now i am a Bayern Munich fan.
  5. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 01:301 edit
    I used to be a Celtic fan, than was way back when we were allowed to sing sectarian songs, you know The soldiers song, roamin in the gloamin etc my last ever game was a New years day old firm match at Parkhead. There was so much hatred back then that it was frightening, i vowed never to go back again after that. Now i am a Bayern Munich fan.
    Does that involve wearing ledderhosen and swilling ridiculous amounts of cheap booze from LIDL, out of 3 pnt tankards on match days?

EDIT

PS yes I don't like the hate factor inherent in football either. Makes you want to support another sport entirely.

I remember coming home from night school a few years ago. The college was near Old Trafford. The cricket had just finished and the tram was rammed. At the next stop no one else could get on. The 'barmy army screamed 'your going home in a f++king taxi'.

I guess youi had to be there. But good humour and not an ounce of malice involved.

🙂 🙂 🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 01:50
    Does that involve wearing ledderhosen and swilling ridiculous amounts of cheap booze from LIDL, out of 3 pnt tankards on match days?

EDIT

PS yes I don't like the hate factor inherent in football either. Makes you want to support another sport entirely.

I remember coming home from night school a few years ago. The college was near Old Trafford. Th ...[text shortened]... guess youi had to be there. But good humour and not an ounce of malice involved.

🙂 🙂 🙂
    i have actually been to old Trafford to watch Celtic, it was a European match, a replay against Rapid Vienna (they initially abandoned the first match because a layer was hit with a coin). What i noticed was the good hunour of the policemen, they even let the fans play with one of their hats, my goodness i thought, if that had been in Glasgow and you tried to even touch a policeman, your feet would not have touched the ground. Police have a totally different attitude in England than they do here, i have even seen people bad mouth policemen in England, that simply does not happen here, they phone for a van, take you to jail and make sure you fall down the stairs.

Everyone knows the Bavarians make the best Pilsner in the world!
  7. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:08
    i have actually been to old Trafford to watch Celtic, it was a European match, a replay against Rapid Vienna (they initially abandoned the first match because a layer was hit with a coin). What i noticed was the good hunour of the policemen, they even let the fans play with one of their hats, my goodness i thought, if that had been in Glasgow and yo ...[text shortened]... you fall down the stairs.

Yes. Different tactics to deal with a different type of fan I guess. I've seen footage of old firm games with lines of policemen segregating Celtic and Rangers fans outside the ground. I think the differences run a lot more deeper up there. There is more of a political tide involved in it. Down here it is purely us vs them attitude. Fans still get emotional, but not to that degree.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 02:59
    Yes. Different tactics to deal with a different type of fan I guess. I've seen footage of old firm games with lines of policemen segregating Celtic and Rangers fans outside the ground. I think the differences run a lot more deeper up there. There is more of a political tide involved in it. Down here it is purely us vs them attitude. Fans still get emotional, but not to that degree.
    Sadly Jim my friend, people have been killed, young men for nothing more than being in the wrong place with the wrong colours on. The Tartan army is where its at now in Scotland, bigots dont go and are not welcome, pity our national team is so mince! our only solace being, so is yours 😉
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 22:24
    ...except for anyone who has ever tasted Pilsner from, you know, Plzen...

Seriously though, try it.

Richard
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '11 23:32
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    ...except for anyone who has ever tasted Pilsner from, you know, Plzen...

Seriously though, try it.

Richard
    i have tried Czech beers, but nobody does it better than our friends, the Bavarians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree