1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 12:20
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i have no idea what you are chating about!
    I don't think anyone does, he's talking out of his backside.
  2. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 21:35
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I don't think anyone does, he's talking out of his backside.
    Ill talk out of YOUR backside in a minute!
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 00:45
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    ...just...let me...catch my...breath...don't run! That's not...*huff*...fair!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 16:152 edits
    It is if it is a game. It is fair enough in something like swimming, running, cycling, rowing etc... In these events, your endurance is really the skill you are testing so should be pushed to its limit.

I was thinking though, what about something such as a raquet sport which should be decided by the more talented player with the best shots. Ther ...[text shortened]... d extremely fast in order to time out everyone they play. It is not really 'playing' the game.
    Try thinking about it like this: If you're a tennis player with vastly superior shot making, you should be able to end points quickly. If a player with "vastly inferior" shot making is able to stay with you and extend the points, you probably aren't as "superior" as you'd like to think. If he beats you, he's shown himself to be a more consistent shot maker.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:19
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Try thinking about it like this: If you're a tennis player with vastly superior shot making, you should be able to end points quickly. If a player with "vastly inferior" shot making is able to stay with you and extend the points, you probably aren't as "superior" as you'd like to think. If he beats you, he's shown himself to be a more consistent shot maker.
    Spot on.
  6. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 18:39
    Yeah but it is like these losers who will try and run away from a fight, just to make you chase them - only pussies behave like this. I say, stand and fight or you are never going to be a man!

If people think fitness is all that is important, then dont ruin sports games for real people - go away and speand your life on a treadmill, cause that is the only thing that will ever respect you!
    No offense but your opinion sounds plain stupid to me. Play some chess if you don't like that other's have better stamina than you. You think it would be possible to play normally some sport games (basketball, football, tennis) without being fit? Well, I agree that it's stupid if someone uses his superior strength to knock you down in a way that is prohibited in the specific game but if someone runs faster and longer than you, then just stop whining and go work out.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 20:19
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    No offense but your opinion sounds plain stupid to me. Play some chess if you don't like that other's have better stamina than you. You think it would be possible to play normally some sport games (basketball, football, tennis) without being fit? Well, I agree that it's stupid if someone uses his superior strength to knock you down in a way that is prohibite ...[text shortened]... game but if someone runs faster and longer than you, then just stop whining and go work out.
    to me honest I still dont understand what the kid was trying to say!
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 23:111 edit
    Thanks for THAT disturbing little visual. 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree