1. Standard memberSir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    Jackson, NJ
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    11725
    22 Apr '08 01:42
    What an embarrasing performace tonight against the Capitals.

    I hope they lose tomorrow so I can back to my life. Either that or Ovechkin's spinal column gets shattered by a puck.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    22 Apr '08 13:22
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    What an embarrasing performace tonight against the Capitals.

    I hope they lose tomorrow so I can back to my life. Either that or Ovechkin's spinal column gets shattered by a puck.
    The Flyers missed a great opportunity last night and I doubt they'll be able to repay the favour tonight. The Caps absolutely blew them away in the third period. Pierre Mcguire made a good observation in that the Caps are a young team that routinely beat teams in the later part of the game when their opponents' legs are tired. Ovechkin was a monster last night, moving faster than any Flyer on the ice and winning every race for the puck.

    I'll be rooting for Washington tonight to see a Pittsburgh/Washington series in the second round that will be jizz-worthy.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    23 Apr '08 13:47
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Flyers missed a great opportunity last night and I doubt they'll be able to repay the favour tonight. The Caps absolutely blew them away in the third period. Pierre Mcguire made a good observation in that the Caps are a young team that routinely beat teams in the later part of the game when their opponents' legs are tired. Ovechkin was a monster last ...[text shortened]... n tonight to see a Pittsburgh/Washington series in the second round that will be jizz-worthy.
    So much for that...
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    23 Apr '08 14:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So much for that...
    Good thing for the Habs.

    Couldn't see them getting by the Rangers, but the way washington outskated and outworked philly, i think the habs can do the same thing IF montreal starts skating again.

    Montreal plays like they did against boston and it's a philly win.
  5. Standard memberSir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    Jackson, NJ
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    11725
    23 Apr '08 18:45
    Right. Biron came up big on a lot of shots. No one picked Philly to win. No one gives them credit. I like what Holmgren has done with the team. The majority of the team is young. Whether the win or lose against Montreal, their future looks bright compared to the last five years. Thank God Bobby Clarke is not in charge anymore.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    24 Apr '08 05:521 edit
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    Right. Biron came up big on a lot of shots. No one picked Philly to win. No one gives them credit. I like what Holmgren has done with the team. The majority of the team is young. Whether the win or lose against Montreal, their future looks bright compared to the last five years. Thank God Bobby Clarke is not in charge anymore.
    I pickd Philly to win in my office pool.

    I've got a Montreal vs Pitt, San J vs Detroit final four but I can easily see the stanley cup being NYR vs Colorado
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    01 May '08 21:07
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    What an embarrasing performace tonight against the Capitals.

    I hope they lose tomorrow so I can back to my life. Either that or Ovechkin's spinal column gets shattered by a puck.
    Wow, I've been away for awhile, nice to see another Flyers fan around.
  8. Standard memberSir Timothy
    The Seer of Seers
    Jackson, NJ
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    11725
    02 May '08 15:59
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Wow, I've been away for awhile, nice to see another Flyers fan around.
    Saturday is a big day. I got big bucks on the Kentucky Derby at 6pm and the Flyers game is on at 7:00pm.
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    06 May '08 18:05
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    Saturday is a big day. I got big bucks on the Kentucky Derby at 6pm and the Flyers game is on at 7:00pm.
    I was more worried about Montreal than the Penguins. Crosby and his bugs bunny teeth are running into a very hot team and an even hotter goalie in Biron. Flyers will sweep the Pens.
  10. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Joined
    10 Oct '02
    Moves
    123805
    07 May '08 11:50
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I was more worried about Montreal than the Penguins. Crosby and his bugs bunny teeth are running into a very hot team and an even hotter goalie in Biron. Flyers will sweep the Pens.
    Wow, can I have some of what it is you're smoking?πŸ˜‰ Fleury has been a hotter goalie than Biron in the playoffs...check the stats. And Crosby's not the player you need to worry about, Malkin and Hossa are! Both the the Sens and Rangers worried too much about Crosby and Hossa and Malkin torched them.

    A sweep?! I doubt it. It will be a very good series going 6 or 7 games. May the best team win......GO PENS!!!!!
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    07 May '08 18:47
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I. Crosby and his bugs bunny teeth are .
    always fun to make fun of physical attributes that can't be changed isn't it..
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    07 May '08 22:14
    Originally posted by uzless
    always fun to make fun of physical attributes that can't be changed isn't it..
    Not really, I now regret it.

    Sorry Sid 😳 But you are still going to lose
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    07 May '08 22:15
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    Wow, can I have some of what it is you're smoking?πŸ˜‰ Fleury has been a hotter goalie than Biron in the playoffs...check the stats. And Crosby's not the player you need to worry about, Malkin and Hossa are! Both the the Sens and Rangers worried too much about Crosby and Hossa and Malkin torched them.

    A sweep?! I doubt it. It will be a very good series going 6 or 7 games. May the best team win......GO PENS!!!!!
    I can agree, it probably will not be a sweep, but one can hope.
  14. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Joined
    10 Oct '02
    Moves
    123805
    08 May '08 11:27
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I can agree, it probably will not be a sweep, but one can hope.
    It's a great cross state rivalry, making for a great series. R J Umbarger coming home to Pittsburgh scares the hell out of me! He's pretty much had his way with the Pens all season long😞 I can't wait for Friday night...........LET'S GO PENS!!!!!
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    09 May '08 02:51
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    It's a great cross state rivalry, making for a great series. R J Umbarger coming home to Pittsburgh scares the hell out of me! He's pretty much had his way with the Pens all season long😞 I can't wait for Friday night...........LET'S GO PENS!!!!!
    Kimmo is out for the playoffs. I think his doctor must be a pens fan 😠
Back to Top