1. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '07 18:59
    Originally posted by scoop122
    more a request than a solution.
    anyone got any brilliant systems to send william hiils / ladbrokes home crying ?
    i usually break even over the season doing quadruples and trebles. you only need about one in six to come in to stay straight. i know a bit about spread betting but would appreciate any further information
    let's snot the bookies !
    Go with whoever has the prettiest uniforms.
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    09 May '07 12:43
    anyone got any brilliant systems to send william hiils / ladbrokes home crying ?
    i usually break even over the season doing quadruples and trebles. you only need about one in six to come in to stay straight. i know a bit about spread betting but would appreciate any further information
    let's snot the bookies !
    Generalisations:

Bookies normally build in a 10% margin (big events like the grand national it is around 20😵; so you have to be 10% smarter than them and they are very smart.

Oddschecker gives the best odds for each event and is super.

A betting exchange like betfair operates on a much smaller margin and are often the best odds. Beware their odds do not include the commission rates.

Bookies generally make less money on favourites winning.

Big Bookies employ experts in statistical analysis and get inside information. Take the cheltenham Gold Cup, my mother would act as a relay for paid observers at the main racing stables. If a horse didn't train well, the bookies know.

Best chance of catching bookies cold is in areas where psychology plays a bigger part than statistics.

Quadruples and trebles etc are normally bad bets. Spread betting is extremely complex and dangerous for the unwary.

Remember "the clever money goes on last" when you see odds dropping just before the start of an event, it is often worth being speculative.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 May '07 16:46
    Don't do it. If everyone followed that system they'd be stuffed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree