Moves
    25 Jan '09 14:04
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    You decide!

here's my ranking:

1. Lio Messi
    2. Franck Ribéry
    3. Fernando Torres
    The petulant, greasy, cheating ladyboy has to be in there whether you like him or not.

1. Him above
    2. Messi
    3. Torres
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 17:48
    You decide!

here's my ranking:

1. Lio Messi
    2. Franck Ribéry
    3. Fernando Torres
    Hey hops,

what did Messi win in '08?

D
  7. LA
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 18:19
    1. Messi
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Gerrard
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Hey hops,

what did Messi win in '08?

D
    The Olympics.

I doubt he's won as many penalties as Cristiana Ronaldo. He tends to keep his balance pretty well.

Regarding your question... do you mean individual awards or team awards?
  9. where angels play
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 19:11
    The Olympics.

I doubt he's won as many penalties as Cristiana Ronaldo. He tends to keep his balance pretty well.

1 Ronaldo
    2 Messi
    3 Torres
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 20:00
    top 3 players of 2008

1. ronaldo - whatever you think about the guy he was the best last year.
    2. messi - the bright spark in an otherwise poor barca team. got them to the CL semis and won the olympics on his own with argentina.
    3. robbie keane - fired 23 goals and helped spurs left the league cup. also got irelands world cup 2010 qualification hope off to a good start.

current best players in the world

1. kaka - 100m or no 100m the man is the best footballer in the world. he reads the game like no one else and has also done it at international level - it's not even close.
    2. vidic - what he does for the man utd team is so vital it cannot be put into words. the mad is easily the best defender in the world, talk about utd being nowhere without ronaldo. bollocks. this is the main reason why utd won so much last year and are currently top of the league.
    3. fàbregas - a future world player of the year fàbregas has it all.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 23:33
    Originally posted by trev33
    top 3 players of 2008

1. ronaldo - whatever you think about the guy he was the best last year.
    2. messi - the bright spark in an otherwise poor barca team. got them to the CL semis and won the olympics on his own with argentina.
    3. robbie keane - fired 23 goals and helped spurs left the league cup. also got irelands world cup 2010 qualification hope off ...[text shortened]... rently top of the league.
    3. fàbregas - a future world player of the year fàbregas has it all.
    Fair estimate and rational, apart from the Robbie Keane psychotic episode. I'm a fan but please....!
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 09:37
    The Olympics.

LOL
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 10:03
    Kun Agüero.

Fact!
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Fair estimate and rational, apart from the Robbie Keane psychotic episode. I'm a fan but please....!
    obviously taking the piss with naming keane as the third best player of the year last year. was hoping rooney whatever his name is would see and comment on it first.

not sure who should be third best year , only really watched man utd in the CL (plus the liverpool chelsea semi), euro 2008, some of the olympics, mostly highlights and the odd prem game.

so watching euro 08 i would say David Villa but i don't know how he played for valencia last year. everyone seems to say torres but what did liverpool win last year? whats the difference between him scoring 20+ goals and keane scoring 20+ goals? you could say both players would've struggled to get 20 if gerrard and berbatov hadn't been helping them. possibly you should look outside europe, Damián Manso was the reason why quito won the copa libertadores last year and should be considered.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 18:46
    The Olympics.

I think what a player has won must be relevant when one is considering him for World Player of the Year.

If a player can't inspire his team to success, then, irrespective of how nice he is to watch, he can't be the world player of the year.

Ronaldo practically single handedly won 3 points for United in '08 on a number of occasions through his ability to punish the average sides. He also managed to score against the better teams on occasion.

I think anybody who doesn't rank Ronaldo as player of the year in 08, given what his team won and his 42 goals (left leg, right leg, head) is 1 goal short of a hat trick. Or a Liverpool fan. Could be used interchangeably.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree