1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    08 Dec '12 21:45
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Oh man, so was Te'o. Real drama brewing here........
    I do like Te'o. I guess there has never been a tie with two receiving a "dual" Hesiman, each getting a trophy.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 04:161 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I do like Te'o. I guess there has never been a tie with two receiving a "dual" Hesiman, each getting a trophy.
    Best man won it! T'eo came in a distant second! Like it should have been since T'Eo winning would have been a real travesty! IMHO T'o wasn't even the best defensive player and unworthy to be mentioned in same breath as Manziel! For the record these other two defensive players were more worthy:

Linebacker Jarvis Jones of Georgia had 87 tackles, 57 solo and 30 assisted, 27.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 15 QB hurries, 7 forced fumbles and 1 interception. He was out two games. Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina had 60 tackles, 47 solo, aa assisted, 21.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 5 QB hurries and two forced fumbles.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 04:521 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Best man won it! T'eo came in a distant second! Like it should have been since T'Eo winning would have been a real travesty! IMHO T'o wasn't even the best defensive player and unworthy to be mentioned in same breath as Manziel! For the record these other two defensive players were more worthy:

Linebacker Jarvis Jones of Georgia had 87 tackles, 57 so ...[text shortened]... 21.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 5 QB hurries and two forced fumbles.
    You really are an idiot. From ONE PAGE AGO:

Either Manziel or Manti T'eo would be worthy winners of the Heisman .........If Manziel comes in second he will have done so against a worthy opponent.

That's YOUR post!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 13:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You really are an idiot. From ONE PAGE AGO:

Either Manziel or Manti T'eo would be worthy winners of the Heisman .........If Manziel comes in second he will have done so against a worthy opponent.

That's YOUR post!
    I supported T'eo until I saw the side by side stats aginst Georgia's LB and S. Carolina's DE. T'eo does not even merit licking their bootlaces and should not have won the Maxwell. To wit:
    Linebacker Jarvis Jones of Georgia had 87 tackles, 57 solo and 30 assisted, 27.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 15 QB hurries, 7 forced fumbles and 1 interception. He was out two games.

Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina had 60 tackles, 47 solo, aa assisted, 21.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 5 QB hurries and two forced fumbles.

After all, jury was out and one can be swayed by finding supportive information against. Had Manziel not won it would have been a real travesty!
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '12 15:481 edit
    I supported T'eo until I saw the side by side stats aginst Georgia's LB and S. Carolina's DE. T'eo does not even merit licking their bootlaces and should not have won the Maxwell. To wit:
    Linebacker Jarvis Jones of Georgia had 87 tackles, 57 solo and 30 assisted, 27.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 15 QB hurries, 7 forced fumbles ...[text shortened]... ding supportive information against. Had Manziel not won it would have been a real travesty!
    That's ridiculous. Neither of them had as many tackles as T'eo, T'eo had 7 picks as a linebacker and T'eo was the heart and soul of the best defense in the country on the #1 ranked team. The Maxwell was never in doubt.

I expected Manziel to win it, but there's a good case for T'eo. Either would have been a deserving recipient of the award as scacchipazzo I said.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 03:05

Linebacker Jarvis Jones of Georgia had 87 tackles, 57 so ...[text shortened]... 21.5 tackles for loss, 13 sacks, 2 knocked down passes, 5 QB hurries and two forced fumbles.
    I guess you are right. But T'eo had that personal tragedy with his girlfriend dying and he didn't miss too many tackles against Alabama.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 23:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's ridiculous. Neither of them had as many tackles as T'eo, T'eo had 7 picks as a linebacker and T'eo was the heart and soul of the best defense in the country on the #1 ranked team. The Maxwell was never in doubt.

I expected Manziel to win it, but there's a good case for T'eo. Either would have been a deserving recipient of the award as scacchipazzo I said.
    Te'o proved he's a fraud in the NCG! Could stop a sneeze, let alone a Alabama running back, failed to drop effectively into coverage when needed and proved how overhyped he truly was! As I stated before, further evidence came in proving Te'o was not even remotely close to being the best defensive player. Manziel winning Heisman was pure justice. Clowney should have been on that stage and would have been a worthier Heisman contender than fraudulent Te'o. The later fraudulent attempt at winning Heisman through sympathy proves me right. I bet he is throat deep in the girlfriend hoax! Maxwell was also a fraud. All the awards this Te'o won were won through media hype. Mark my words. ANY GM drafting this fraud high will lose their job. I've seldom seen a more hapless performance in a big game. Linemen in NFL are bigger and faster than Bama's. Any top five OL will make mincemeat of this fraud!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 01:33
    Te'o proved he's a fraud in the NCG! Could stop a sneeze, let alone a Alabama running back, failed to drop effectively into coverage when needed and proved how overhyped he truly was! As I stated before, further evidence came in proving Te'o was not even remotely close to being the best defensive player. Manziel winning Heisman was pure justice. Clowney ...[text shortened]... NFL are bigger and faster than Bama's. Any top five OL will make mincemeat of this fraud!
    I will take that wager for all you want to bet.

T'eo will do well in the NFL and if every GM passes on him until it is New England's pick,
    Belichick will make an ALL PRO out of the guy. I would be very happy if Houston drafted
    him.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 02:41
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I will take that wager for all you want to bet.

T'eo will do well in the NFL and if every GM passes on him until it is New England's pick,
    Belichick will make an ALL PRO out of the guy. I would be very happy if Houston drafted
    him.
    As much as I dislike him personally, I wouldn't mind the 49ers picking him up at all. We could use a little more depth on defense.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 04:54
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    As much as I dislike him personally, I wouldn't mind the 49ers picking him up at all. We could use a little more depth on defense.
    If Al Davis was still alive, I guarantee you he was a Raider in the first round!!
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 05:071 edit
    If they picked him up in the fourth round maybe but since that's never gonna happen, you guys are loaded with talent everywhere, this will be a tough draft for your organization but I think you are lacking in depth on the d line not the linebacker corps just look at the difference now that Smith is back. You'll be hard pressed to find somebody that can even come close to filling his shoes out of the draft so I don't know what to expect there. You guys need a new bruiser at halfback as this next season could well be Gore's last and I doubt LaMichael James will fit too well in your scheme. He's fast but lacks vision and awareness which are key to running behind zone blocking but you can likely find a shceme fit later in the draft, someone who might not work out on other teams, maybe lacking elusiveness or speed but is strong with good vision. I also see you guys needing to pick up a second option at wideout since moss is on the way out.

Overall I'll be surprised at whichever direction the Niners go since they aren't lacking any key pieces but have the hard task of improving a superbowl caliber team. The trick is to just not reach early so that you can get em for cheap. You don't want to pick out a good fit too early just because you don't think he will fall to you as there are plenty other fish in the sea.
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 14:23
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    If they picked him up in the fourth round maybe but since that's never gonna happen, you guys are loaded with talent everywhere, this will be a tough draft for your organization but I think you are lacking in depth on the d line not the linebacker corps just look at the difference now that Smith is back. You'll be hard pressed to find somebody that can eve ...[text shortened]... because you don't think he will fall to you as there are plenty other fish in the sea.
    You made some excellent points there. I think the key in the 49ers situation is to look at key players who are up there in age and plan for the future. Justin Smith, Frank Gore and Randy Moss are obvious examples.

I also don't think we are stacked at every position. We could certainly use at least one more go to receiver besides Crabtree.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 18:09
    You made some excellent points there. I think the key in the 49ers situation is to look at key players who are up there in age and plan for the future. Justin Smith, Frank Gore and Randy Moss are obvious examples.

I also don't think we are stacked at every position. We could certainly use at least one more go to receiver besides Crabtree.
    Hmm well, I think the niners need a possession reciever, kinda like Mike Williams was for the hawks for a couple years. Those aren't too difficult to find but I was thinking that if you picked up a welker like guy the talent on offense, not scheme, would be eerily similar to the Pats offense.

On defense, you guys have better talent than the hawks, similar physical secondary and big d line but you can get to the QB with more consistency. I just think we had a better DC in 2012 but with the new guy we have running the defense I really hope irvin progresses as much as possible this offseason and that we find somebody who can collapse the pocket from the inside. I doubt we'll lead the league in scoring defense next year if we don't succeed.. But on offense, I think we have the better pieces for our scheme... We have tate, rice and baldwin who can all make spectacular catches with tate having sticky hands and the rare talent to get a lot of yards after the catch. We have lynch who still has some years and turbin who is right on his heels, Russel and Kap are similar in skill level... Kap is the slightly better runner but that's also because he is more of a run/pocket QB where wilson is a scrambler and because of that same reason Wilson is the slightly better passer with the better play action fake, overall id call it a push until further notice. You have the edge with tight ends but miller proved he can be dangerous and is a better blocker than davis or walker, plus we could pick up another joker tight end like we tried to last year with kellen winslow. Then the hawks have a very slight edge on o line mostly because of miller and it would be a bigger edge if giacomini wasn't such a bum... Niners have the edge in pass blocking, which is negated somewhat by wilsons scrambling abilities, but hawks have a significant edge in run blocking. If Gore was a few years younger in the coming season i'd give it to the niners as your offense was better in the beginning of 2012 but you have some key aging pieces and gor just didn't look the same this year, he showed flashes of his prime but wasn't consistent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree