1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 20:44
    Seems the Giants don't want to play the Patriots at all, so they will not even try to win. They claim they have nothing to play for, but everyone knows they are just being babies.

Looz0rs!

P-
  2. Joined
    04 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '07 21:56
    Who could blame them? Will be interesting to see if Moss and Brady set touchdown records in that one.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 00:23
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Seems the Giants don't want to play the Patriots at all, so they will not even try to win. They claim they have nothing to play for, but everyone knows they are just being babies.

Looz0rs!

P-
    the fact they would before the first team this season to beat the Pats should be incentive for any pro sports man, to really want to play this games.

Are you sure the Giants are wimping out!?😀
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 03:34
    Originally posted by spurs73
    the fact they would before the first team this season to beat the Pats should be incentive for any pro sports man, to really want to play this games.

Are you sure the Giants are wimping out!?😀
    I would think beating the Pats would be bigger than winning a lousy wild card game, only to lose to a good team after that. I still remember it was the Dolphins who beat the Bears the year they went 15-1, but who can remember the wild cards? If I were the Giants I would want to bring it all.....
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 12:19
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    I would think beating the Pats would be bigger than winning a lousy wild card game, only to lose to a good team after that. I still remember it was the Dolphins who beat the Bears the year they went 15-1, but who can remember the wild cards? If I were the Giants I would want to bring it all.....
    i have to agree with you. the Pats are about to make NFL history, what a great chance for the giants to spoil it all.

Like you say, if they do beat them, it will go down in NFL history as the team who stoped the perfect season.

As someone who plays sports everyweek, i would love to play in a game of this nature, to take on the best NFL team with a chance of beating them. ITS WHAT SPORT IS ALL ABOUT!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 13:48
    The Giants have their own season to worry about. They don't have an extra week off like the Patriots and they should do whatever helps them which may mean to rest injured players. It is far more important for the Giants to win playoff games than to beat the Patriots.
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 16:181 edit
    No: They need to try, and they will. Chances are, if they make the playoffs, cool, but the SB is much more critical to look ahead to; the Giants will play the Patriots if they make SB. They need to give it their all to see how they can improve further next time. They cannot rest their players, who are not playing at their best.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '07 16:43
    the giants should not care what the patriots do. It does not matter if they go undefeated, if they punt on first down, if they try to score 100 point. The giants are locked in the playoffs. They earned a week that does not count and they should rest players that need a rest.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 14:53

Looz0rs!

P-
    Who on the Giants said that??? Nobody, of course. In fact, several players nursing long standing injuries like Jacobs and Pierce have stated they are anxious to play against the Pats.

You're listening to talk radio tooooooooooooooooo much again, Phlab.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 15:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Who on the Giants said that??? Nobody, of course. In fact, several players nursing long standing injuries like Jacobs and Pierce have stated they are anxious to play against the Pats.

You're listening to talk radio tooooooooooooooooo much again, Phlab.
    Listen, I've never been wrong before... and I'm not going to start now.

P-
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 15:231 edit
    Listen, I've never been wrong before... and I'm not going to start now.

P-
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/12/25/2007-12-25_giants_we_want_to_beat_patriots.html

Note the comments from the players: Shaun O'Hara, Brandon Jacobs and Antonio Pierce.

I think the Giants will play all out in the first half and see what happens; if they fall way behind then they'll pull most of the starters. But if they're in the game, I expect to see their best team in. After all, conceding a game to the Pats is basically saying you believe you have no chance to win the Super Bowl and if that's your attitude, you won't go very far in the playoffs anyway. I say play to win; everybody would remember if the G-Men stop the Pats' run but who will care if they roll over now, win, oh, 17-14 against Tampa and then get bashed by Dallas or Green Bay? Even playing a competitive game against the Pats would help their self-confidence and build some momentum for the playoffs(besides my local bar has the NFL Network, $2 pints and 25 cent wings!)
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 15:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/12/25/2007-12-25_giants_we_want_to_beat_patriots.html

Note the comments from the players: Shaun O'Hara, Brandon Jacobs and Antonio Pierce.

I think the Giants will play all out in the first half and see what happens; if they fall way behind then they'll pull most of the starters. B ...[text shortened]... um for the playoffs(besides my local bar has the NFL Network, $2 pints and 25 cent wings!)
    Oh man... now I want wings!

P-
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 18:10
    Oh man... now I want wings!

P-
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WINGS!
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 19:20
    Originally posted by spurs73
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm WINGS!
    Thread 83776

😞
  15. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 Dec '07 23:39

Looz0rs!

P-
    Listen Phlabs you are off topic. You should be talking about the Cowboys and how they are going to stuff New England if New England makes it to the Super Bowl. If the Giants don't want to play and New England sets some kind of Phony Records, there should be an asterisk * next to the record and say that the Giants threw a game in order for New England to accomplish those records. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree