1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 14:57
    I hope Murray beats Djokovic in the Aussie final for his first slam win. Murray has come real close. He's playing well and seems to be a nice guy whereas Djokovic seems to be a jerk!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 15:20
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I hope Murray beats Djokovic in the Aussie final for his first slam win. Murray has come real close. He's playing well and seems to be a nice guy whereas Djokovic seems to be a jerk!
    Erm... are you sure you don't have those the wrong way 'round?

Murray... nice guy... pull the other one, it has bells on.

Richard
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 16:09
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Erm... are you sure you don't have those the wrong way 'round?

Murray... nice guy... pull the other one, it has bells on.

Richard
    Perhaps I'm wrong about Murray, but I know I am not wrong about Djokovic. I'll still root for the Scot!
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 17:19
    Why do you think Djokovic is a jerk?
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 18:35
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why do you think Djokovic is a jerk?
    He has behaved poorly at the US Open, is not nice to kids seeking autographs and is a sore loser. I also dislike that he makes fun of other players. Unquestionably he is the better of the two players and most definitely a top five player.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 16:12
    He has behaved poorly at the US Open, is not nice to kids seeking autographs and is a sore loser. I also dislike that he makes fun of other players. Unquestionably he is the better of the two players and most definitely a top five player.
    Don't know anything about his behaviour at the US or his autograph behaviour. And if he's a sore loser, Murray is no better. As for "making fun of" other players, if you mean his imitations, most of the subjects seem to enjoy it. It's called "having a sense of humour", something nobody could accuse Murray of. Andy is a schoolbook example of the stereotypical dour, humourless Scot, and isn't doing his country any favours by it. Although to be fair he has loosened up a bit over the last couple of years, he still has a long way to go.
    In the end, Djokovic looks like he's a smart guy who mostly enjoys both himself and the public on the court, while Murray looks like a gawping yokel who plays because he can't do anything else, and not because it's anywhere near his idea of fun - if he has an idea of fun at all.

Richard
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 16:24
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Don't know anything about his behaviour at the US or his autograph behaviour. And if he's a sore loser, Murray is no better. As for "making fun of" other players, if you mean his imitations, most of the subjects seem to enjoy it. It's called "having a sense of humour", something nobody could accuse Murray of. Andy is a schoolbook example of the stereoty ...[text shortened]... ause it's anywhere near his idea of fun - if he has an idea of fun at all.

Richard
    Good description of Murray indeed. You are absolutely right. Long, long way to go for Murray. He was outplayed, outclassed and soundly drubbed. Murray had a chance in the first set, but failed miserably. I don't see him ever winning a major. Djokovic seemed more mature, gave an excellent prematch interview and appears to have overcome some of his past attitudes. I tip my hat off to any player who gives opponent so much respect in a prematch interview.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 15:14
    but I know I am not wrong about Djokovic...
    Are you talking about the 2008 US Open when Roddick, a genuine jerk, trashed Djokovic to reporters before the game at which point Djokovic handed him his ass on the court? Was it the post-match interview where he let everyone know how he felt about Andy's talking then was booed by the blustery NY crowd? I know how much you like NY crowds and all. They know a real jerk when they see one, right?
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 23:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Are you talking about the 2008 US Open when Roddick, a genuine jerk, trashed Djokovic to reporters before the game at which point Djokovic handed him his ass on the court? Was it the post-match interview where he let everyone know how he felt about Andy's talking then was booed by the blustery NY crowd? I know how much you like NY crowds and all. They know a real jerk when they see one, right?
    If you can see from my posts I am not fond of NYC crowds one bit, but anyone who refuses a kid an autograph is not someone I'd support! I don't care for Roddick either. I like Nadal, Federer, Murray, Bonfils. Among the women I like Wozniacki, Clijsters, Li Na, Schiavone.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 02:02
    If you can see from my posts I am not fond of NYC crowds one bit, but anyone who refuses a kid an autograph is not someone I'd support! I don't care for Roddick either. I like Nadal, Federer, Murray, Bonfils. Among the women I like Wozniacki, Clijsters, Li Na, Schiavone.
    I will bet you that all of them, at one time or another, for any number of reasons, have refused an autograph for a kid.

Now a days especially it is quite easy for them to cynical about giving autographs to kids.
    Often times, unscrupulous autograph sellers will employ kids to obtain their "free" autographs from players.
    Several times, the kids themselves will get them and put them on sale on eBay, or peddle them to a dealer.
    Players are not beholden to provide autographs for kids or adults.
    They do so by their own choice.
    Why would they become cynical wasting their time signing for someone knowing they are going to sell it.
    I know this first hand, and know exactly what I am talking about.
    I have had contracts with many players over the years to purchase their autographs on material for the purpose of resale.
    The difference is that the player is compensated here.
    I played with many of the players in MLB over the years, and I got the opportunity through the memorabilia business to meet and form relationships with many stars from yesteryear.

If you form your opinion on the basis that someone didn't want to give someone something for free, you haven't got a clue.
    Ever think about autograph seekers interrupting their dinner, or chasing them down at events to score a freebie?
    Ever think they just get tired of it?

Let me wise you up....at one time or another...EVERYONE has refused an autograph.
    Granted, some more than others.

Do you hate your neighbor, the electrician, because on his day off, he doesn't want to come to your house and re-wire it for free?

Or your neighbor, the lawyer, who doesn't want to represent you for free?

Honestly, don't you think it is a little callous to say refusing to sign an autograph when they have already signed thousands for free is cause for hating them?

Think about it.

By the way, many of your beloved Cowboys are class A jerks when it comes to autographing, but you still support them.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 14:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I will bet you that all of them, at one time or another, for any number of reasons, have refused an autograph for a kid.

Now a days especially it is quite easy for them to cynical about giving autographs to kids.
    Often times, unscrupulous autograph sellers will employ kids to obtain their "free" autographs from players.
    Several times, the kids them ...[text shortened]... oved Cowboys are class A jerks when it comes to autographing, but you still support them.
    Who says I support the Cowboys? Have you seen my Cowboys Sux thread? I despise any prima donna athlete on Cowboys or any other team. If you're going to deny an autograph because the kid might be an authograph mule then such an athlete is also retarded, no offense to IQ challenged people. All I can say is your diatribe is way over the top!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 15:08
    Who says I support the Cowboys? Have you seen my Cowboys Sux thread? I despise any prima donna athlete on Cowboys or any other team. If you're going to deny an autograph because the kid might be an authograph mule then such an athlete is also retarded, no offense to IQ challenged people. All I can say is your diatribe is way over the top!
    Ignorance is bliss in your case I suppose.

It happens all the time, everyday.

You believe what you like.

Of course, your beliefs tend to change as quickly as the wind these days.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 15:17
    Ignorance is bliss in your case I suppose.

It happens all the time, everyday.

You believe what you like.

Of course, your beliefs tend to change as quickly as the wind these days.
    Wut? Read my posts. I maintain myself firm. At times if circumstances change I may alter on opinion if persuaded about the wisom in doing so. You are most unpersuasive. I'm surprised you can spell bliss!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 15:26
    Wut? Read my posts. I maintain myself firm. At times if circumstances change I may alter on opinion if persuaded about the wisom in doing so. You are most unpersuasive. I'm surprised you can spell bliss!
    Your first two posts in this thread show my point.

Get a grip!!
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 15:43
    Your first two posts in this thread show my point.

Get a grip!!
    Also surprised you can spell grip. All's I can say is whatevs! Somehow in your mind things are immutably etched in stone. Murray failed to avail himself of a great opportunity and was soundly thrashed. He lacked killer instinct. Somehow in your mind that's changing an opinion instead of commentary on outcomes. Murray has a long way to go. He may never win a major. He is no Nadal or Federer and more like Roddick. That's too bad, but true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree