1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 03:33
    Gritty, gutsy win against an amazing foe! Tigers have nothing to hang thir heads about and are truly tough customers! Game truly swug on Ron Washington's gutsy decision to walk Cabrera. Nellie Cruz' amazing throw to the plate shows Texas' quality defense!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/ALCS-Game-4-Napoli-Cruz-hit-and-throw-Rangers-;_ylt=AhVNFhpmx2uBxs7llU3dCso5nYcB?urn=mlb-wp23728
  2. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 06:08
    I think that move of walking cabrera was the right move. Let someone else beat ya. and perfect throw to home gets the beefed up cabrera. Maybe if he was in the shape that he was when he played for the Marlins he beats it. Off the bat it seemed deep enough. As a cubs fan I wish our manager would learn to do that when Pujols comes up to the plate. it looks like we're getting Theo Epstein for GM so hopefully he can clean up the mess. but great win for the Rangers! It was big beating Verlander a few games ago.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 11:26
    Originally posted by gort
    I think that move of walking cabrera was the right move. Let someone else beat ya. and perfect throw to home gets the beefed up cabrera. Maybe if he was in the shape that he was when he played for the Marlins he beats it. Off the bat it seemed deep enough. As a cubs fan I wish our manager would learn to do that when Pujols comes up to the plate. it looks like w ...[text shortened]... clean up the mess. but great win for the Rangers! It was big beating Verlander a few games ago.
    The move made me very nervous indeed, but it worked so it was genius. It was dumb to pitch to him in game three. The reason I got nervous was because there was only one out. Two outs no question you pass him and pitch to Martinez. Wasn't Napoli's home plate stand great? He's a real mensch!

Theo Epstein may break the fabled curse once and for all! I was watching the two hour special the other night on Steve Bartman. what a weird sad episode that was! After the Rangers I go for the Cubs.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:031 edit
    Tied 2-2 in the top of the sixth... another nail biter, this.

Edit: It is now 2-3 tigers in the bottom of the sixth.
  5. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:13
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The move made me very nervous indeed, but it worked so it was genius. It was dumb to pitch to him in game three. The reason I got nervous was because there was only one out. Two outs no question you pass him and pitch to Martinez. Wasn't Napoli's home plate stand great? He's a real mensch!

Theo Epstein may break the fabled curse once and for all! I w ...[text shortened]... ght on Steve Bartman. what a weird sad episode that was! After the Rangers I go for the Cubs.
    Napoli's having an outstanding playoffs! Sorry to get off topic but yes, the whole Bartman thing was sad.
    That show kinda put things in perspective. I do think Alou would have caught that ball, but Bartman wasn't the only one that reached out. And it's not his fault that the Cubs blew that series. Heck, they still had a game 7 after that. No excuse there. That play just symbolized where it all started to unravel. And us Cubs fans are very passionate, but our emotion got the best of us that night. I wouldn't wish what Bartman went through on anyone. so hopefully they can win one soon and we can put the Bartman thing to rest, and the black cat, and the goat. lol There's no damn curse!!! I think.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 22:451 edit
    Woah! explosion in the bottom of the forth by the Tigers... if the current score holds then this series will have gained more interest.
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    13 Oct '11 23:27
    Valverde's been shaky. I wonder if the Tigers are going to give him the ball. 7-4 bottom of the 8th
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 03:43
    Originally posted by gort
    Valverde's been shaky. I wonder if the Tigers are going to give him the ball. 7-4 bottom of the 8th
    Valverde was not gong to pitch under any circumstance. Rangers had their chances. Best fo one at home whereas Tigers have to sweep. Doable, but not likely.

Bartman episode is indeed sad and he was indeed not the only one reaching for that ball. Bartman made a perfect scapegoat. Poor guy! Epstein may be his savior!
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 05:00
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Woah! explosion in the bottom of the forth by the Tigers... if the current score holds then this series will have gained more interest.
    I meant sixth... just to clarify.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:07
    If the Tigers win today, they'll take the ALCS. Fister will win a game seven.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If the Tigers win today, they'll take the ALCS. Fister will win a game seven.
    I will wager $50 that the Tigers don't win today.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Scherzer vs. Holland? I don't know...Holland got yanked after only 2 2/3 last time out while Scherzer has been awfully good.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 14:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Oh, wait, I get it. There is no game today. Fine. Then if the Tigers win TOMORROW they'll take the ALCS.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 15:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Oh, wait, I get it. There is no game today. Fine. Then if the Tigers win TOMORROW they'll take the ALCS.
    😀
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 01:30
    Well...that went south in a hurry. This is starting to turn ugly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree