Henry

Standard memberPalynka
Sports 23 Jun '07 16:28
  1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    23 Jun '07 16:28
    What a load of b*ll*cks to say that he cannot take the chance to be at Arsenal without Arsene or Dean. Total hypocrite.

    McLintock is spot on in saying that he much rather hear the truth and hear Henry say that he just wanted to move on or that he felt Barcelona was a good personal move.

    Like this he's trying to blame the club itself for his departure. Pretty shallow, if you ask me.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    23 Jun '07 16:37
    Why are you bothered Pal? I thought you were Spurs?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    23 Jun '07 16:52
    Originally posted by blade68
    Why are you bothered Pal? I thought you were Spurs?
    I'm a Porto fan that loves football, I don't support any team in particular in the Premiership.

    It's been a long time since I can't stand Henry, though. This is just more evidence.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    23 Jun '07 17:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm a Porto fan that loves football, I don't support any team in particular in the Premiership.

    It's been a long time since I can't stand Henry, though. This is just more evidence.
    Henry's attitude and skill make him one of my favourite players to watch, despite hating the attitude of most other Arsenal players. He comes across as a true gentleman on the pitch.

    How do Barca keep Ronaldinho, Etoo, Messi, Deco and Henry in the same team?

    I guess I'd be right in assuming that Gudjohnsen's value has just drastically dropped.

    D
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    22740
    23 Jun '07 18:20
    Gudjohnsen to old trafford could be on the cards....
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    23 Jun '07 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Henry's attitude and skill make him one of my favourite players to watch, despite hating the attitude of most other Arsenal players. He comes across as a true gentleman on the pitch.
    LOL! You sure love hypocrites.

    Edit: Also, by blaming the board for leaving the club, Henry will only increase the feeling of a sinking ship at Arsenal. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the great youngsters (particularly Fabregas) Arsenal has aren't already thinking where their future should lie.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    23 Jun '07 21:13
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of the great youngsters (particularly Fabregas) Arsenal has aren't already thinking where their future should lie.
    It doesn't take a highly skilled psychic to predict that Fabregas will probably leave, considering he already explicitly stated that his future was linked to that of Henry.

    I'd love United to sign him, but he'll defo end up in Spain.

    D
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    23 Jun '07 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    LOL! You sure love hypocrites.
    I honestly can't think of one occasion where Henry acted well out of order. Considering what his team mates were up to, this has to mean something.

    Care to jog my memory?

    D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    23 Jun '07 21:17
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What a load of b*ll*cks to say that he cannot take the chance to be at Arsenal without Arsene or Dean. Total hypocrite.

    McLintock is spot on in saying that he much rather hear the truth and hear Henry say that he just wanted to move on or that he felt Barcelona was a good personal move.

    Like this he's trying to blame the club itself for his departure. Pretty shallow, if you ask me.
    How is that not the truth? Arsenal have always been seriously frugal. Dein leaves due to his efforts to get serious money involved at the Arsenal. He was also the man to bring in Arsene.

    While Arsenal have a very good young team, with very little money (comparatively speaking) and if Wenger were to leave, Arsenal would only be a mid table team.

    Henry isn't a fool, and knows this, so why sign a long contract when you could be playing crappy football (under someone other than Wenger) in a year?

    D
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    17944
    23 Jun '07 21:51
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I honestly can't think of one occasion where Henry acted well out of order. Considering what his team mates were up to, this has to mean something.

    Care to jog my memory?

    D
    either can i, the guy as always been a class act on the field. i won't be missing arsenal doing the double over united though 😀
  11. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    23 Jun '07 22:08
    Originally posted by trevor33
    either can i, the guy as always been a class act on the field. i won't be missing arsenal doing the double over united though 😀
    i don't think he presented himself too well after the champs league final, however he did have a few things to be p1$$ed off about... the fact he didn't take the chances that fell his way being the biggest, above the sending off.

    he's a great talent, and the prem has missed him last season, and now for future seasons. Wonder if he'll bottle it in the big games at Barca though?
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    17944
    23 Jun '07 22:11
    Originally posted by rhb
    Wonder if he'll bottle it in the big games at Barca though?
    messi won't allow it
  13. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16084
    23 Jun '07 23:21
    The most shocking thing about this is that he's valued at £1 million less than Darren Bent. Although you can't help wondering about his injury, which is supposed to be a permanent debility - will any club get a full season out of Henry now?
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    23 Jun '07 23:30
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    The most shocking thing about this is that he's valued at £1 million less than Darren Bent. Although you can't help wondering about his injury, which is supposed to be a permanent debility - will any club get a full season out of Henry now?
    The most shocking thing is that premiership clubs are over-valuing players like bent - the latest tv money (the much touted 60million) plus big investors, mean there's plenty of money to chuck around right now. It'll implode again soon enough.

    Barca have paid slightly over the odds for an inury prone striker who is getting to the end of his career.
  15. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Joined
    02 Sep '05
    Moves
    9122
    24 Jun '07 00:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    How do Barca keep Ronaldinho, Etoo, Messi, Deco and Henry in the same team?

    Eto'o will go to AC Milan?
Back to Top