1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 03:10
    Just like most of the country, Manny is tired of Boston (sorry phlab 😉 ).

Its already being reported that the Phillies are the leading contender because of his relationship with Charlie Manual.

Will they trade him, or will this just blow over as another "Manny being Manny" episode?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 03:46
    Originally posted by PocketKings

Its already being reported that the Phillies are the leading contender because of his relationship with Charlie Manual.

Will they trade him, or will this just blow over as another "Manny being Manny" episode?
    Manny only thinks he doesn't like Boston. His act will get him run out of Philly, so he had better look elsewhere for some love, and with his (ahem) quality defensive skills, he may want to look for an AL club in need of a DH.
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 03:55

his numbers this year arnt too bad.. but hes getting old and his D always is terrible..
    AL if anything id say
  4. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 17:48
    Maybe Kansas City could pick him up.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 18:14

I think he wants to join the 3rd place Jays
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 19:11
    I never understood why a class organization like the Sox would put up with a "Manny being Manny" excuse for his behavior anyway. There was a time when he'd have simply been suspended, fined, and told to shape up. Ahhhh the golden years...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 21:39
    Manny is definitely difficult (although he certainly isn't Milton Bradley crazy), but the Red Sox certainly do not treat him as well as the Treat Ortiz.
    I am not into the "respect" thing but putting Manny on waivers and in essence saying we would be willing to give you away so we don't ahve to pay you is a fundimental lack of appreciation for one of this generation premier RBI men. I cannot think of any other superstar whose team was willing to give him away in the prime of his career. Since no one doubt his offensive productivity, the Red Sox in essence permanently made it a money issue.
    Both Ortiz and Manny should be DHs becuase they are great hitters but poor fielders -- Ortiz is the DH. The Red Sox could openly thank Manny for playing in the field (which in essence is out of position) so Ortiz's bat could be in the line up. Manny even learned to play the wall fairly well which shows some effort on defense this too could be more appreciated.
    Ortiz is definitely overweight (I am not sure what excuse a professional athlete has) and that many make him even more injury prone. Yet when Ortiz slumps (the beginning of this year) because he is hurt or the year they missed (when he was awful in the big 4 game sweep by the Yankees and Manny hit about .500) Ortiz is forgiven. In fact Ortiz even maintains his reputation always clutch. When Manny is hurt it is always questioned. That too just doesn't seem fair.
    The Red Sox won't trade Manny because they value his bat too much but by continually escalating their grievances they show a lack of class and it is in no way productive for the team.
  8. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    Unfortunately, the 3rd Place Jays have already exceeded the moves limit. Every move over 50 is $20 each.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 22:59
    Unfortunately, the 3rd Place Jays have already exceeded the moves limit. Every move over 50 is $20 each.
    Harsh!! BTW what does third place pay? 😉
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jul '08 18:38
    Originally posted by uzless
    Actually, they're the 4th place Jays.
  11. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 05:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually, the Blew Jays are one of the most boring teams on the planet. Only 4 or 5 teams in the AL have scored less runs, a league geared to score. Their pitching has kept them from being last so far.

So Manny being crap for D, and a good hitter, might fit them.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 19:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If the Sox keep playing like they have, they might be the 3rd place Jays in a few weeks.

I'd personally drive Manny anyplace he wanted to go, outside of Iraq.

P-
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 19:27
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Actually, the Blew Jays are one of the most boring teams on the planet. Only 4 or 5 teams in the AL have scored less runs, a league geared to score. Their pitching has kept them from being last so far.

So Manny being crap for D, and a good hitter, might fit them.
    YOUR boring! 😠
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 19:58
    Originally posted by darvlay
    YOUR boring! 😠
    YOU'RE boring!

fixed!! 😉
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 19:58
    Manny the Marlin?????

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree