Is Big Ben now at the Brady/Manning level?

Is Big Ben now at the Brady/Manning level?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
22 Jan 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Patsies? They played Atlanta which wound up the #1 seed in the NFC, the Titans (who were expected to be contenders), Tampa Bay (which won 10 games) and the Ravens. I don't see any "patsies".

The defense was undoubtedly brilliant in those games, but it's hard to envision the Steelers going 12-4 with the offense they got in all the games ...[text shortened]... ll sure that Brady is more important to the Pat offense than Big Ben is to the Steelers'.
The Pats did become a better offense yet they lacked dazzle. They were not very different from the Chiefs this season. Cassel is only a middling QB at best for now. No argument about how big Roethilsberger figures in his team's overall scheme. He seems to lift them up and add spark with those monster plays like the one where he was in the grasp of the defender by the helmet and still broke off to make a play! Steelers are way better with Big Ben in than without!

s

Moves
24 Jan 11

Big Ben has cemented his QB reputation immensely. He took a vicious hit in first quarter and played on. Compare to Jay Cutler for toughness. It did not appear Cutler wanted to play at all, let alone with the mystery injury. Compare to Rodgers. Both are equally tough. Rodgers took lots of big hits and got up and pretended there was not even a hint of concussion. How about Sanchez? He took a huge hit and seems to have come off it better than before the hit! But Back to Roethlisberger, unquestionably one of the biggest big game QB's in a while.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jan 11

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Big Ben has cemented his QB reputation immensely. He took a vicious hit in first quarter and played on. Compare to Jay Cutler for toughness. It did not appear Cutler wanted to play at all, let alone with the mystery injury. Compare to Rodgers. Both are equally tough. Rodgers took lots of big hits and got up and pretended there was not even a hint of con ...[text shortened]... he hit! But Back to Roethlisberger, unquestionably one of the biggest big game QB's in a while.
He didn't do much in the second half, but came up with a game winning completion on the last meaningful play.

I'll be very surprised if in two weeks he's not hoisting his third Super Bowl trophy.

s

Moves
24 Jan 11

He didn't do much in the second half, but came up with a game winning completion on the last meaningful play.

I'll be very surprised if in two weeks he's not hoisting his third Super Bowl trophy.
He did just enough. Lesser QB's would have caved with the game on the line and so much clock left. It takes nerves of steel to come up with those two huge passes for 1st downs. I would be somewhat surprised, but he is up against another gritty peformer in Rodgers. I am not making my pick yet, but I'm leaning Packers.Yet the big difference may be the absence of Pouncy if the center is unable to play in SB. What a huge loss that was. Made the Steeler offense sputter in 2nd half!

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
24 Jan 11

if performance counts, then he's among the giants . . . and he's only 28!

s

Moves
24 Jan 11

Originally posted by coquette
if performance counts, then he's among the giants . . . and he's only 28!
Performance in big games most definitely counts! He might win the next big one, but up against Rodgers and a streaking team one never knows! Packers are slight favorites.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jan 11

The Steelers hadn't won a Super Bowl in 25 years when they got Big Ben; in their second year with him they hoisted the trophy. Apparently that was an extraordinary coincidence.
The SB against Seattle was one of the worst--- if not the worst--- examples of officiating ever witnessed in that final game. That game was stolen from Seattle, not won by Pittsburgh.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Jan 11

Originally posted by sh76
The answer is a big, emphatic "NO."

Don't get me wrong. Roethlisberger is an excellent QB; maybe a Hall of Famer. But the comparisons I've heard this week about him to Brady or him to Manning are misplaced.

Manning and Brady are pretty much a toss up. I'd give the slight edge to Manning because he's had more great years with less to work with as an over- ...[text shortened]... s poised to enter the Manning/Brady discussion one of these years, it's Aaron Rodgers.
...maybe a Hall of Famer...
Pete Rose is banned, but this sleazy raping molester gets into Canton?

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
24 Jan 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
[b]...maybe a Hall of Famer...
Pete Rose is banned, but this sleazy raping molester gets into Canton?[/b]
What does Pete Rose have to do with Football HOF?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jan 11

The SB against Seattle was one of the worst--- if not the worst--- examples of officiating ever witnessed in that final game. That game was stolen from Seattle, not won by Pittsburgh.
I read all the crying by Seahawk fans at the time; except for one questionable holding call, the game was as well officiated as any. The Steelers won because they made big plays and Seattle didn't. 10 points doesn't win a Super Bowl.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jan 11

[b]...maybe a Hall of Famer...
Pete Rose is banned, but this sleazy raping molester gets into Canton?[/b]
A trial would be nice ...............................................

s

Moves
25 Jan 11
1 edit

A trial would be nice ...............................................
You really think if they had anything to take to trial they wouldn't have already? Prosecutotrs only try cases they can win. There must not be much of a case to take to trial. That's because the cases are proably flimsy cases brought forth by sleazy little golddiggers prosecutors cannot hope can hold up under cross examination! Perhaps kinda like the Kobe Bryant bimbo who decided halfway throug consensual sex that she really had only half said yes and Kobe was all in. I'd hate to be a prosecutor trying such a case. Or the William Kennedy Smith cse where the dumb "alleged" victim took her panties off in front of the "rapist"because the night was hot and then before she realized it she had been penetrated! That one did go to trial and we know the outcome!

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
25 Jan 11

I would say that Green Bay's QB Aaron is.

s

Moves
25 Jan 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
I would say that Green Bay's QB Aaron is.
Is what?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
You really think if they had anything to take to trial they wouldn't have already? Prosecutotrs only try cases they can win. There must not be much of a case to take to trial. That's because the cases are proably flimsy cases brought forth by sleazy little golddiggers prosecutors cannot hope can hold up under cross examination! Perhaps kinda like the Ko he realized it she had been penetrated! That one did go to trial and we know the outcome!
I meant a trial would be nice BEFORE people declare that Big Ben (or anybody for that matter) is a "sleazy raping molester".