1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 14:23
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    What facts? You have no facts to prove this? If you think purely basing a leagues merit on the champions league result is the final measuring stick then that is ridiculous. In the last ten champions league:

English Teams have won it twice, and runners up once. Italian teams have won it twice, and runners up 3 times.

So if you want to go by that (which I disagree with using this as a measuring stick) then the Italians have a slight advantage.
    no, i meant facts as in the amount of supporters it has worldwide and what league generates the most money, its the epl for both - there's your facts
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 14:402 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It does seem a strange thing to base any idea of quality on. It happens to be (marginally) true, but the Bundesliga and the Dutch league outscore both of them (and La Liga)!
  3. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 15:45
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    no, i meant facts as in the amount of supporters it has worldwide and what league generates the most money, its the epl for both - there's your facts
    That at the moment just seems to be your opinion. You have not backed it up. And the calibre of a competition cannot be judged on revenue and supporters. The English national side certainly has more supporters and more income than alot of the teams above it in the world rankings.
  4. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 15:47
    Originally posted by mtthw
    It does seem a strange thing to base any idea of quality on. It happens to be (marginally) true, but the Bundesliga and the Dutch league outscore both of them (and La Liga)!
    Sorry i probably didn't explain myself. I was responding to the posts above me's view that the Serie A is boring.
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 16:39
    Sorry i probably didn't explain myself. I was responding to the posts above me's view that the Serie A is boring.
    Fair enough.

You can get the figures at http://soccer-europe.com/Data/Goals/GPGEuro.html if you're interested.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 22:21
    That at the moment just seems to be your opinion. You have not backed it up. And the calibre of a competition cannot be judged on revenue and supporters. The English national side certainly has more supporters and more income than alot of the teams above it in the world rankings.
    yes, it would seem, so given the choice what league would you choose to watch? and what two teams..? for me, i think it would have to be man u vs liverpool, always a fierce battle, that's why i'm hoping for a man u and liverpool final... i dont support either teams though
  7. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    yes, it would seem, so given the choice what league would you choose to watch? and what two teams..? for me, i think it would have to be man u vs liverpool, always a fierce battle, that's why i'm hoping for a man u and liverpool final... i dont support either teams though
    I like watching the Serie A and La Liga because of it's technicality. I guess because i have been playing all my life this seems to appeal to me. I like watching the EPL because the games are quite entertaining. But again, purely as a matter of opinion, i sometimes find that it lacks some of the intricacy of other leagues. I grew up watching the EPL more than any other league and i loved it. Le Tissier and Shearer were great to watch growing up.

EDIT: It would be great for Man U and the EPL if Hargreaves does move from Bayern. I thnk he is a class player.
  8. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 16:53
    Nope. It is still being outclassed by the Italian and Spanish leagues. I read somewhere not long ago that there are more goals scored in Serie A matches than in the EPL. I will try and track it down.
    Why dont you track down the results from the champoins League semi final instead.

Manchester United 3 -2 AC Milan
    Chelsie 1 -0 Liverpool.

More goals are scored in La Liga becasue your defenders are non existant and the game is so slow paced players have 5 seconds to make a pass.

Enough said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree