Is Tony Romo a

Is Tony Romo a "Choke Artist"

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Dec 08

Interesting article by Jason Whitlock at: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8926524/NFL-Truths:-T.O.-a-big-part-of-Romo's-problem?MSNHPHMA

Whitlock: In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs and 15 INTs. His completion percentage drops to 58, a full six points lower than his career average.

Me: Whitlock seems to want to blame this all on Terrell Owens. I don't recall Garcia or McNabb having such drop offs in performance at the end of the season and in the playoffs consistently.

A must win game for Dallas Sunday night against Big Blue; will Romo "choke" again?

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
11 Dec 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Interesting article by Jason Whitlock at: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8926524/NFL-Truths:-T.O.-a-big-part-of-Romo's-problem?MSNHPHMA

Whitlock: In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs ...[text shortened]... A must win game for Dallas Sunday night against Big Blue; will Romo "choke" again?
I wish someone would choke Monday Night Football so there was something more interesting to watch in the sports bars πŸ˜€

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 08

Bump after Romo's dismal performance against the Ravens including two bad throws that missed wide open receivers on what should have been Cowboy touchdowns.

SP

Moves
21 Dec 08

And to think Skip predicted Dallas to be this bad this year. I think Romo's destined to have a career much like Brett Favre's.

Madison Square Garde

Moves
22 Dec 08

Originally posted by Silent Pawn
And to think Skip predicted Dallas to be this bad this year. I think Romo's destined to have a career much like Brett Favre's.
And then the alarm clock went off.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
23 Dec 08

I've been disappointed in Romo's big mistakes, but then again he did break his finger. Still, this was going on way before the finger problem. And yet, with some help the Cowboys have a slim chance of making the play offs. What if they somehow crawl through the back door and actually win this thing?

Nah~! Stupid darn clock. And just as I was in the middle of counting cheer leaders.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by cashthetrash
I've been disappointed in Romo's big mistakes, but then again he did break his finger. Still, this was going on way before the finger problem. And yet, with some help the Cowboys have a slim chance of making the play offs. What if they somehow crawl through the back door and actually win this thing?

Nah~! Stupid darn clock. And just as I was in the middle of counting cheer leaders.
The Cowboys have more than a slim chance; if they beat the Eagles, they're in.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
24 Dec 08

The Cowboys have more than a slim chance; if they beat the Eagles, they're in.
Well, that is true now, but I don't have the confidence I had last year in the Boys. Tony Romo and Owens just aren't clicking this year and the key injuries have really set them back. And let's be honest the coaching staff JJ brought in last year are just not as good as the guys he had the year before. The Offensive line has gone backwards. And let's not forget Tony's inability to control the ball. He just doesn't get it.

I already know that E-Gals won't lay down for the boys. Even if they lose it is going to be a war on that cold ass field and they will find a way to break somebodies leg just to keep the Boys down and out. The E-Gals pride themselves on being spoilers.

But it would be nice to see them actually win at least one playoff game, if they get in.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
24 Dec 08

Well, that is true now, but I don't have the confidence I had last year in the Boys. Tony Romo and Owens just aren't clicking this year and the key injuries have really set them back. And let's be honest the coaching staff JJ brought in last year are just not as good as the guys he had the year before. The Offensive line has gone backwards. And let's no ...[text shortened]...
But it would be nice to see them actually win at least one playoff game, if they get in.
Good luck with that πŸ˜‰

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
25 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by SmookieP
Good luck with that πŸ˜‰
Bill Parcells and his coaching staff have worked miracles in getting the lazy Dolphins swimming upstream again. Quite a show the Dallas Dolphins have done this year.

They Cowboys will need luck even to show up on a stretcher.

Madison Square Garde

Moves
25 Dec 08

Bill Parcells and his coaching staff have worked miracles in getting the lazy Dolphins swimming upstream again. Quite a show the Dallas Dolphins have done this year.

I think you mean the NY Dolphins.?πŸ˜€

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
25 Dec 08

So now you're a Dolphins' fan.. cool!

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
25 Dec 08

Originally posted by SmookieP
So now you're a Dolphins' fan.. cool!
I'm still a Dallas Fan but a disgruntled one. But I do respect what is happening in Miami.

I'm a football fan. I like a lot of teams.

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
25 Dec 08

I'm still a Dallas Fan but a disgruntled one. But I do respect what is happening in Miami.

I'm a football fan. I like a lot of teams.
As a Miami fan, I have to thank the Cowboy organization for everything they've given us this past year....a new head coach, new GM,and a new VP of football operations....not to mention, several key players!

I'd also like to thank the Jet's organization for signing Brett Favre....we couldn't have done it without you New YorkπŸ˜›πŸ˜€

L

Moves
26 Dec 08

Whitlock: In three seasons as Dallas' starter, Romo's numbers the final four games of the regular season and playoffs are rather revealing. The Cowboys are 3-8 in those games. Romo has tossed 12 TDs ...[text shortened]... A must win game for Dallas Sunday night against Big Blue; will Romo "choke" again?
Is he a choke artist? He is still young and hasn't yet learned how to win a big game. That really only comes with experience. No, I dont think he is a choke artist himself, but the team right now is. It starts at the top of the organization and runs all the way down to the players.