1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 20:10
    Practice at the Jets Stadium was delayed 2 hours yesterday after a player found a white powdery substance on the ground. Police and Homeland Security investigated. Experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact the goal line. Practice will resume since the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.
  2. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 20:11
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Practice at the Jets Stadium was delayed 2 hours yesterday after a player found a white powdery substance on the ground. Police and Homeland Security investigated. Experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact the goal line. Practice will resume since the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.
    In the 70's and 80's they would've snorted it.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 20:25
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    In the 70's and 80's they would've snorted it.
    They're gonna snort it again with ball and knee way before the line!
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 20:51
    They're gonna snort it again with ball and knee way before the line!
    Pats win by 17 or more.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 20:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Pats win by 17 or more.
    Indeed Pats should more than cover point spread!
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 05:31
    Indeed Pats should more than cover point spread!
    LMAO
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 05:31
    Pats win by 17 or more.
    ROTFLMAO
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 05:34
    I know I am so disappionted because the pats have a better chance at beating the steelers.
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 08:30
    I know I am so disappionted because the pats have a better chance at beating the steelers.
    You meant "Had" a better chance.. both the Pats and Jets beat the Squealers in the regular season.. we'll see.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 13:48
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    You meant "Had" a better chance.. both the Pats and Jets beat the Squealers in the regular season.. we'll see.
    WE'll see. Pats embarrassed themselves for sure. I doubt Steelers will uderestimate the Jets or gameplan victory formations prematurely. This is what makes sports great. Point spreds mean nothing on paper!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 13:49
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LMAO
    You're gonna tell me you picked the Jets?
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:11
    You're gonna tell me you picked the Jets?
    No, I hate them both....but NE players, coaches and fans had become too cocky. Nice to see them slapped down.

Of course, the capitol of cocky will be NY now, so hopefully Pitt will take care of them this weekend.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:23
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    No, I hate them both....but NE players, coaches and fans had become too cocky. Nice to see them slapped down.

Of course, the capitol of cocky will be NY now, so hopefully Pitt will take care of them this weekend.
    As opposed to Pitt, who won't be cocky at all if they win the SB. Right?

🙄

Come on, it's been over 40 years for the Jets. Don't begrudge us this one if we win it.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:351 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    As opposed to Pitt, who won't be cocky at all if they win the SB. Right?

🙄

Come on, it's been over 40 years for the Jets. Don't begrudge us this one if we win it.
    Are you saying time elapsed between championhsips makes a team more deserving? I will concede that Jets have as good a chance as any of the remaining four and this time the point spreads are reasonable. I still doubt they can do to Steelers what they did to Pats. No fake punts from Steelers coach. No cutesy play and doubtful Polamalu will come out and miss tackles. Also, if Jets trash talk they will incite the Steelers who are nastier than the Pats. They can call big Ben names and they will all go over his head. At any rate this is what makes sports great and why we watch. Were it not for games like yesterday it would be boring as heck if dogs never won!
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 17:20
    Are you saying time elapsed between championhsips makes a team more deserving? I will concede that Jets have as good a chance as any of the remaining four and this time the point spreads are reasonable. I still doubt they can do to Steelers what they did to Pats. No fake punts from Steelers coach. No cutesy play and doubtful Polamalu will come out and m ...[text shortened]... why we watch. Were it not for games like yesterday it would be boring as heck if dogs never won!
    I don't think the JEts will trash talk the Steelers like they did the Pats.

The Jets and Pats have a long nasty history. From Parcells leaving NE to go to the Jets and Bellichik doing the reverse to Curtis Martin to Mangini to Spygate to 45-3 etc. etc. etc. People think of the Pats as having dominated the rivalry and I guess they have mostly in recent years but the Jets also had some nice wins in NE in recent years including Chad Pennington and the Jets going up to New England and knocking the Pats out of the playoffs in the next to last game 2002. Also, FWIW, with yesterday's win, the Jets take the lead in the all time series 52-51-1.

Remember it was Brady who said he hates the Jets in the off season this year.

The Jets and Steelers just don't have the same history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree